Movies that you like but find hard to watch

Tools    

Based on the truth.. and lies.
My examples
1. Stir of echoes 1999, I love the actors they chose I love the story and the way it was wrote my problems with watching it all the scenes to me seem to be cut short "bugs the hell out of me" the directing I sappose, and the sound is very poor can hardly here dialog over backround music maybe just my copy?.

2. Signs, 2002
The quietness of the movie and stillness makes it hard to watch for me but I love the story and the actors.

I have to kinda make myself watch them through but still very good movies. If they remade these movies it wouldn't do justice I don't think. Not meaning to nit pick.

Really long and depressing movies tend to be like this.

The Deer Hunter, The Color Purple, The Wind That Shakes The Barley and Brokeback Mountain all spring to mind.

Seppuku (1962)

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
The Road.
Aside from all the "Papa!!" squeals, the humanity of it all is just draining. Not a bad thing, just something I'd rather not experience more than I have to. Watched only a second time because a friend had not seen it.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
The Road.
Aside from all the "Papa!!" squeals, the humanity of it all is just draining. Not a bad thing, just something I'd rather not experience more than I have to. Watched only a second time because a friend had not seen it.
I must say I've never even considered a rewatch. I enjoyed it enough but just terribly bleak.

I must say I've never even considered a rewatch. I enjoyed it enough but just terribly bleak.
Same for me. The Road is a very strong film, well done, but I don't care to see it again any time too soon

This might just do nobody any good.
I don't see myself revisiting Hunger any time soon.

I loved it. It's unflinching and engrossing (as Steven McQueen wont to do) but every bit of Sand's physical destruction is an emotional kick in the gut.

I've been meaning to read the book. A friend told me he preferred it to the film.

I don't see myself revisiting Hunger any time soon.

I loved it. It's unflinching and engrossing (as Steven McQueen wont to do) but every bit of Sand's physical destruction is an emotional kick in the gut.
Same here. I loved it and I always mean to re-watch it, but every time I'm about to I'm just not sure I can put myself through the emotional gut-punch again.

Boldly going.
Ghost (1990),
Forest Gump (Seen it too many times)
Schindler's list. I have to be in a certain mood.
Pet sematary. This movie still scares the crap out of me ... tend to watch it near Halloween.

I don't actually wear pants.
Schindler's List

Okay, it's a great film, and worthy of a lot of praise, but it's so bleak that I don't really want to ever watch it again. Really, the only film that's bleaker is Kurosawa's Ran, but I watch that more because it's prettier, the script is better, and I've always liked Shakespeare and feudal Japan. It's also shorter, and better-acted, but Schindler's List has great acting, too.