To anyone thinking about running a Survivor game.... (A story)

Tools    

This was gonna be a long post, and its turning into a story. THIS IS NOT A SCATHING STORY ABOUT ANYONE. Please, I just wanted to write about it. PLEASE do not be offended, Im especially candid about myself too. I thought there was a story here, so I just went for it

Think of these as Cliff Notes to Survivor 4: LATVERIA, a cautionary tale to all those thinking of running a game. S4 was almost 5,0000 posts long, took an entire month to finish, and was possibly the most never ending organic drama that has ever occurred at MoFo.

L A T V E R I A

So back in February 2016 after going to the MoFo Final in FFB for the 2nd year in a row, and losing again but by only 1.32 points , I decided I wanted to run a Survivor game to pass time till baseball season. We hadnt had a Survivor here since S3, and some attempts never got off the ground. I didnt care, I had a hair up my ass and went for it full boar making a "comic bookish" OP for the thread, with description of game, and the theme would be Latveria, the kingdom of Doctor Doom (my character in Survivor 3 - Doctor TONGO). I figured Doom in his kingdom was the perfect theme/villain for a group of Survivors to overcome.

Enrollment was swift. People bit at the theme, there was no restrictions what character they wanted to play, and we had an assortment from Lucille Bluth from Arrested Development to Freddy Krueger to Judge Judy to Jesus Christ . With the thread energy was able to get total of 18 players. Most ever for a starting Survivor game. I was feeling strong and bulletproof. Most people were roleplaying their characters, Sexy was especially getting-into describing how he would end every contestant as Freddie....

Originally Posted by 1457285

Feeling thirsty, Detoxaslob?

DON'T YOU JUST WANNA DRINK?!?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Look at me, bitch. I'm drinking all your stuff!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

LEMME POUR YOU A GLASS,
DUMBASS!
Sexy Krueger

Beginning Exodus

First challenge actually went off without a hitch, I thought. There did seem to be a light turnout. I used a Guessing Game Id come up with at another site which no longer exists (screw you "Org"), a Guessing Game where a clues given and you have to guess what film by ONLY asking questions that can be answered Yes or No. I thought it would be a challenge we could use all throughout the game.

The next day I find out the reason we had a light turnout for the immunity challenge was everyone in Europe was in bed asleep. I wasnt mindful of the timezones, and got the info so I could schedule challenges accordingly. Then the first tribal council - HalfAngel Christ was voted out, the first member of the jury

Then Sexy quit the game for personal reasons, AND THEN 7thson comes into the thread saying hes gonna be hella busy for a stretch, and he and HAngels power was out all day and into the night which is why she couldnt fight for herself during Tribal Council, and he was quitting. We lost 3 players in 3 hours. Thankfully Sean suggested letting HAngel back in since 7th quit, like a switch. I said ok, everyone agreed, and HalfAngel Christ came back from the dead. BaDmCh!!

HalfAngel Christ

The Neverending Reward Challenge

16 players - Reward Challenge - whoever wins this reward gets to know every single players secret power in the game, a one time Reward to never be offered again. I give out the clue.....after about a pages worth of questions I realized I was looking at the wrong movie in the wrong browser (I had a bunch open comparing which film I could go with and forgot to close one), gah! Challenge restart! Do over! I admitted to having the wrong date, found a new movie, and we began again...

Confession - I forgot to close that #$@! browser that screwed up the last challenge, even when I had a new window open to search for another movie. When I realized I had made the same exact mistake with the do over challenge, no artist could capture the look of horror on my face then.

I started the challenge over....for the third time. During all this chaos people were hitting me with 5 Y or N questions per post, and whoever guessed the movie incorrectly was eliminated, and then Id had to restart the challenges, let everyone eliminated back in, inform them they were back in, ..so it was chaotic. People were even coming into the thread with other peoples avatars just to break their balls.

3rd and last attempt at the Reward Challenge I had made sure to close that window, and I was still frazzled, it was going ok though. The clue was "A professional must complete a job before he retires too late".

Optimus guesses Gone In 60 Seconds - eliminated. I had eliminated so many players from the challenge and People were still asking "how do you play the game" questions besides the normal Y or N questions too. Dan guessed Se7en - eliminated. Optimus guesses HEAT - correct! I go to make a long drawn out pretty post announcing him the winner, and send off the list of everyones secret powers to him in PM.

I go back in the thread and see how people thought Optimus was eliminated.....because he had been! Optimus thought it was funny he guessed the film when he was supposed to keep quiet after being eliminated and was laughing about getting the answers in his PM box.

Ive got all the power in my inbox suckers.
I hit him with the hard line Ive operated under in game campaigns that had lasted for years. the same line while Im working on a sales floor and catching someone scamming, and kicked him out of the game. Optimus was shocked, and people went quiet.

After Optimus said HEAT then Camo had said HEAT. It very much looked like Camo was just copying what Opti said, and so I didnt allow Camo to be the winner. Even now looking at the thread thats what appeared to have happen. Camo was pissed, and THEN Sexy comes into the thread saying how HalfAngel shouldnt be back in the game cause he eliminated her?! Started calling it "SURVI-URGH!" Then when Camo knew I wasnt going to give him the reward - he quits. His hidden immunity idol went back into play.

We went from 18 to 14 players and had only one tribal, where the person voted out (HA) was let back in cause of her power outage. EVERYONE in game agreed to that in PM, except Sexy who wasnt sent one cause he quit. I tried getting more players. SilentVamp and NedStark were interested, but Vamp was leery cause the game was already going, and Ned couldnt and still doesnt understand the rules. Regardless of the howling and bitching that suddenly became a background sound to the game, I was determined.

You know this has gotten so ugly so fast, that Im damned determined to finish this game.

So youre all gonna have fun in this game, or youre gonna get your beatings!

Then Sexy wanted to play again. He suggested we do away with teams, and I liked the idea because the overall number of players was in constant flux. Not all bit at that though. We all talked about restarting the game. This time he was playing Little Richard. A page later he decided on Jason (Friday the 13th). I dubbed him with the name Random Sexy, and truly that is his name as he kept changing his character even as a Host later. Like HalfAngels return, everyone agreed in PM to letting Sexy back in, but not a unanimous vote to "start over"....so we were moving forward as is, blemishes and all.

So I started the same Reward Challenge again, for the FOURTH time. I kept saying it was being restarted for a third time but more out of shame. Again, the reward would be to know everyones secret powers. The challenge thankfully went on without a hitch, Sexy won! I sent Sexy the list of everyone secret powers, and he posts the entire thing in the game thread for everyone to see.

Well, it was his.

TheUsualPsycho

Sexy targets TUS & TONGOs reeling

Gatsby had the Teleport power and used it to switch HalfAngel and TUS from their tribes. Immediately TUS started grousing how it was Sexys idea. Sexy started saying it was Sexys idea, and the two bickered for a few pages...I cant print what they said here, It got a lil gross at one point. Immunity Challenge and from the way TUS was talking in thread he was a one man show for his tribe, cause they brought him to lose a challenge and eliminate him. Challenge starts and it goes off without a hitch (I must like that expression) and TheUsualSuspect won the challenge!

Looking at the date, the game had only been going for lil less than 2 weeks, then Swan drops out of the game, and his reasonings were the purest as hes never played Survivor since. He didnt want to hurt his friends feelings, and to play Survivor correctly you have to vote out all your friends except maybe one, maybe. The end result - I like Swan. I know from this what value he puts on friendship.

At the time though I didnt know what to think other than I was such a crap host people just wanted out. I was shook up over how many people dropped out those first couple weeks. There was alot of energy still, surprisingly coming from a newbie! It seemed Sexy Celebrity finally had some spotlight competition....

I have now become fully accustomed to my new name, CiCi Bluth, in honour of this teenage homosexual I met in the North of England a short while back whilst in pursuit of Julie Walters. The director of Billy Elliot, Stephen Daldry, had originally wanted me cast as Billy's teacher, because of my legendary dance skills, that I had acquired from Gene Kelly whilst I was having an affair with him in the 60s. Anyway, my bitch of a daughter, Lindsay, had sent me to the Betty Ford clinic so I couldn't partake. Then that slut Julie got an Oscar nom out of it that should have been mine!

So in mid 2015, I flew to England and began a manhunt after I dumped Annyong on Lucille Austero's doorstep. I knew Walters must have been savage if she'd mess with the likes of me, so I travelled north, because I heard it's a savage land up there. Eventually, I hit a small city, and met a young man who shared my passion for cocktails. I got so sh!tfaced that night that I got a ride back to the hotel in an ambulance!

It was only now I got reminded of him because in desperation and dehydration, I attempted to make a sex on the beach consisting of my mouth wash, some tinned peaches, a couple of red berries I found on a bush outside, and a tangerine. The memories just flew right back!

In the game, a lot of random ***** went down again, it's no wonder I daydream like this!
CiCi Bluth

During this time HalfAngel took it upon herself to find that old hidden idol which went back into play when Camo quit. Problem was, Nope had already found it, and didnt tell anyone, so I knew she was wasting her time. I felt awful knowing she was guessing every movie under the sun, PMing me daily, and if shed ever did guess the right one, then all she'd learn is that someone found it before her

I reread Godoggos Survivor 3 game thread and felt better about myself. She was having problems with people dropping out in the game too. So I felt recharged, and decided to put the game back in order. NO TEAMS! Done with that, I merge all remaining 13 players together in one tribe. All Reward and Immunity Challenges would be individual. Nobody complained as the events, mood, and atmosphere showed the time was right for it.

Great tempo and intensity when a Guessing Games done right, I wont be surprised if TUS uses it in his game. Reading thru the challenges I see how I would forget the restrictions on questions, and many times certain folks got away with it, shameful! Rauld was actually hitting me with letters, and I must have been in a chronic brainfart cause Im STILL answering Yes or No.... spelling out the title!!! Needless to say Ive tweaked the Guessing Game formula since this time.

The Big Slobowski

Reward Challenge, the prize is a secret advantage in the game. HalfAngel wins a Reward Challenge and Sexy grouses cause shes supposed to have been voted out, then TUS retorts he was supposed to have quit Since everyone is on at the same time, Im running it right after the Reward Challenge. Sexy wins the Immunity anyway guessing The World According To Garp, the 2nd film I used from my top ten. For the game, everything seemed back on track. They were going to vote someone out, and TUS looked done for.

to all

Wolfsbaneman

The Great Hypno F.U.B.A.R.

The secret advantage HalfAngel won was an extra vote, and she used it. There were 13 players, 14 votes. There were 2 things that saved TheUsualSuspect that day. One was he had an extra vote too as he was cheating, and playing with an alternate account "Wolfsbane". The second was me screwing up the execution of the Hypnotize power.

Hypnotize when used is supposed to make someone else vote how you want, they can even vote for themselves AND NOT KNOW IT <<<THAT was the fubar because I thought the person would know they were hypno'd and could respond with powers too, if applicable. I have forgotten who used the first hypno, but I informed the victim, they used a power...Im sure they PM'd their alliance because then THEY used their powers, and then the other alliance got wind of powers being used against them, and THEY used more too.

About a few PMs into this Im informed by Dan that the victim is not supposed to be notified...aw s#t!!! It was too late! I had to keep it going once the course was set or else it wouldnt be fair, I had to protect the balance. I changed the post quoted below because what I thought was 4 hypnos used ended up being actually 6.

The end result....

"All the votes are in.

6 hypnotizes were used, Sexy quit as you all may have gotten a PM to quit too, and HalfAngel used her secret advantage she won at Reward making her vote count as 2 votes.

The final result after all the votes, changes to votes, and additions.....
Gatsby 7
TheUsualPsycho 7

In Survivor: LATVERIA there are no ties, no revotes. These two will duel against each other in a powerless contest, nobody outside can interfere with the duel either.

Once I see Gatsby & TUS online at the same time I will send their challenge in PM so neither have a time advantage."
When Sexy got wind that people were being notified that they were being hypnotized, and could respond in kind, he absolutely lost his s#t - BAD! I still see old missing posters on posts and walls from when he lost his s#t that day. Needless to say he let me have it well in Post Comment/PM and quit. People were just disgusted, the heat was bad heat. People let me have it, and I could not blame any of them. In reflection, the only reason this game didnt cease because of this is because I played it out fully - how I understood it to the fullest extent, cause if I stopped halfway, and stopped notifying people, it would have been unfair and imbalanced.

TO BE CONTINUED................

Im in shock from the other thread. I was feeling as low as my Survivor ego could go, and then out of nowhere.....LATVERIA wins Best Game. Am stunned, and thankful

Biggest shock ever for me at MoFo

Ill write it, but I need things to settle a bit. Very sensitive material coming and I dont want anyone flipping out thinking Im flaming them.

Ill write it, but I need things to settle a bit. Very sensitive material coming and I dont want anyone flipping out thinking Im flaming them.
Well that will happen if you wait or not. .

Hopefully not, looking forward to it though.

Well that will happen if you wait or not. .

Hopefully not, looking forward to it though.
Hopefully not is right. Im wanting the story to be enjoyed by everyone, and that includes who may not look good at times. I know I dont, but not everyone responds the same. Ive got a PM out to someone and hopefully they give me an ok as long as Im honest and unreserved, then I can post Part 2, there will be more than 2 parts....the game was dense. No, Im not doing this for drama at all, which is why Im not trying to surprise anyone.

Sadly I was told by someone they didnt want to be mentioned in the story. So there wont be any more of it posted.

Sigh!

Is it possible to tell the story without mentioning that person? Or can you give them a fake name?
Oh in a perfect world , but everyone would obviously know here who I was referring to so the damage would be the same in that persons mind.

I say just tell it, don't know what the bother is - I feel like I'm missing something here and should know who this person is and why they don't want you posting about them.

They changed their mind, I just got the ok from them. 2nd part will come tonight or tomorrow.