Favorite hard drug movies

Tools    

Based on the truth.. and lies.
Favorite movies centered around hard drug use and drug addiction, documentaries are ok too.

Would love to find some good ones I've never seen.

Mine are:

Trainspotting (1996)

Jesus son (1999)

Spun (2002)

Only answer possible.

Human Traffic is pretty good. Rather than addiction or the other negatives of drugs, it deals (lol) with the recreative use of them by clubbers.

For a movie about abuse, I suggest you watch the original Bad Lieutenant by Ferrarra (though I'm sure you did already).

Human Traffic is pretty good. Rather than addiction or the other negatives of drugs, it deals (lol) with the recreative use of them by clubbers.

For a movie about abuse, I suggest you watch the original Bad Lieutenant by Ferrarra (though I'm sure you did already).

I have heard of bad lieutenant but not seen neither of those will see if I can get copies thanks 😃 pretty bold cover huh

I have heard of bad lieutenant but not seen neither of those will see if I can get copies thanks 😃 pretty bold cover huh

Yes it is I tried to put it in spoiler tags because it isn't exactly SFW, but then again we should't be looking at this board at work!

T2 Trainspotting (2017)

Heaven Knows What (2014)
I saw T2 in the theatre seemed liked a total unrelated movie to the first, but I liked it.

Never seen heaven knows what

Requiem is the undeniable number 1. Al Pacino in scarface has to be up there, good old Tony and his drug abuse. Pusher is a really good shout too, I really enjoyed the trilogy to be honest.

Requiem is the undeniable number 1. Al Pacino in scarface has to be up there, good old Tony and his drug abuse. Pusher is a really good shout too, I really enjoyed the trilogy to be honest.

Is pusher the 1970s movie where Curtis Mayfield did the sound track?

Here are some others I've seen:

Permanent midnight

Leaving las Vegas (alcohol but i think it qualifies).

Fear and loathing in Las Vegas, of course.

Drug store cowboy

A scanner darkly (one of my favorite films in the world).

Definitely "Requiem for a Dream"!

No it’s a 90’s Danish film, Mads Mikkelsen is one of the leads if memory serves. I see that you mentioned A Scanner darkly I was fascinated when I first watched that but it was ages ago definitely going on my “to watch” list.

No it’s a 90’s Danish film, Mads Mikkelsen is one of the leads if memory serves. I see that you mentioned A Scanner darkly I was fascinated when I first watched that but it was ages ago definitely going on my “to watch” list.
It's a great film I love most of Phil k dicks adaptions, this one took me a couple watches but now it really gets me.

If this wasn't the first movie to be put here, I was going to be pretty angry.

A system of cells interlinked
I won't repeat the excellent and obvious choices that have already been posted. I also enjoyed this when i saw it so many years ago: