Tom Cruise
0%
0 votes
Corey Feldman
25.00%
2 votes
Robert Downey Jr.
8 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Michael J. Fox would of made for a great Peter Parker / Spider-Man in the 1980's.

He could of been both nerdy and cool at the same time. He would of been more socially aware than Tobey Maguire version but still a bit of a nerd and outcast but still charismatic.

This might just do nobody any good.
Timothy Hutton would have been a good Peter in the 80s. Pretty close to Maguire, I think.

Either Jessica Tandy (for a Rosemary Harris) or Anne Bancroft (more Sally Field) as Aunt May.

Anthony Michael Hall has gotten the most votes? I don't know, can't see him in that role, in the 80's
DEFINITELY not.

Michael J. Fox would of made for a great Peter Parker / Spider-Man in the 1980's.
Then why didn't you even include Michael J. Fox in the poll?

For the poll, I voted for Charlie Sheen. Seems like the best fit out of all of those people you listed. Spider-Man in the '80s does not need to be a Tobey Maguire clone. You'll want someone who really says THE '80s. Michael J. Fox isn't bad, but Michael J. Fox shouldn't represent both Back to the Future and Spider-Man.

For the poll, I voted for Charlie Sheen. Seems like the best fit out of all of those people you listed. Spider-Man in the '80s does not need to be a Tobey Maguire clone. You'll want someone who really says THE '80s. Michael J. Fox isn't bad, but Michael J. Fox shouldn't represent both Back to the Future and Spider-Man.

Why not have Michael J. Fox do both Back to the Future and Spider-Man? He could of had some more box office hits in his career.

I don't have a problem with it since Back to the Future isn't a comic book superhero franchise. I don't really like it when actors play 2 different comic book characters especially if they are both in the same universe.

I personally think that Charlie Sheen looked too much like a handsome jock to pull off Peter Parker. And I don't think he had enough energy to play the Spider-Man part and he didn't have the right sounding voice. In all of the Charlie Sheen performances I have seen he is mainly soft spoken and looks pretty intense most of the time.

I think he could of made for a good Harry Osborne though as I think of it as if it was the 2002 version. He would be pretty close to James Franco's version which I loved.

Anthony Michael Hall has gotten the most votes? I don't know, can't see him in that role, in the 80's, I think he was a little too young. JMO.

Defiantly not too young.

Spider-Man is supposed to be a high school teenager.

The current Spider-Man is only 15 years old.

The exact year I'm thinking for the 80's Spider-Man would be around 1986 just after Back to the Future, I think Anthony was older than 15 at the time.

Why not have Michael J. Fox do both Back to the Future and Spider-Man?
Because.

Originally Posted by Shagz
I personally think that Charlie Sheen looked too much like a handsome jock to pull off Peter Parker. And I don't think he had enough energy to play the Spider-Man part and he didn't have the right sounding voice. In all of the Charlie Sheen performances I have seen he is mainly soft spoken and looks pretty intense most of the time.
Which would be good for Spider-Man in the 1980's. Look, this whole idea that Spider-Man needs to be some weakling has been inspired by the actors who've played him since Tobey Maguire started it. That's why everyone is seeing Anthony Michael Hall as Spider-Man. But not me. I envision the darker, rougher, tougher Charlie Sheen as Spider-Man because I think that's how it would have went in the '80s. I think Spider-Man would have been more darkly handsome back then. I think I remember in the comics - Spider-Man was a darkly handsome guy.

Originally Posted by Shagz
I think he could of made for a good Harry Osborne though as I think of it as if it was the 2002 version. He would be pretty close to James Franco's version which I loved.
Oh Lord. No. I'm not basing my ideas on what we've seen recently. The '80s were before all that. It would have been different.

Because.

Which would be good for Spider-Man in the 1980's. Look, this whole idea that Spider-Man needs to be some weakling has been inspired by the actors who've played him since Tobey Maguire started it. That's why everyone is seeing Anthony Michael Hall as Spider-Man. But not me. I envision the darker, rougher, tougher Charlie Sheen as Spider-Man because I think that's how it would have went in the '80s. I think Spider-Man would have been more darkly handsome back then. I think I remember in the comics - Spider-Man was a darkly handsome guy.

Oh Lord. No. I'm not basing my ideas on what we've seen recently. The '80s were before all that. It would have been different.

The 2002 Movie was the perfect Spider Man movie though. I think if it were handled well the 80's version would be pretty much the same except for less impressive special effects and a different sound track and they may use Vulture as the villain instead of the Green Goblin.

And the portrayal of Spider-Man would be different which I would of made look more cooler and charismatic bit still a bit of a nerd and a bit of a outcast. Like a level above Tobey Maguire but not on the jock level. Pretty much the same kind of character that Michael J. Fox plays on Teen Wolf and Family Ties. Maybe actually closer to the Andrew Garfield version but as a likeable character and not a complete dick.

I think Charlie Sheen would come off too much like a dick. Michael J. Fox nails the role much better.

Steven Spielberg would of been my ideal director to direct an 80's Spider-Man and I think he's vision would be pretty close to Sam Raimi's.

I think your vision is trying to turn Spider-Man into something he's not which is a dark gritty and rough character. Spider-Man is full of life and fun and so were the 80's.

Ugh. I don't believe this. I'm being scolded because I picked Charlie Sheen to be a 1980's Spider-Man from your poll. You're shaming me because I didn't pick Michael J. Fox, who wasn't on the poll! It's Friday night and this is my life!

No I'm not shaming you, I'm just trying to have a constructive debate.

I know I didn't list him on the poll but you did say that Charlie Sheen would be the better Spider-Man.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

This almost happened...but an unknown actor named Scott Leva, who would go on to become a stuntman and stunt coordinator, would have ended up playing the role had this happened. But he does appear on the cover of an issue of the comic book.

Scott did win a Science and Technology Academy Award for his redesign of the air bags used by the stunt industry, one that makes the stuntman land more safely.