Atomic Blonde (first footage)

Tools    

http://ew.com/movies/2017/03/08/char...de-first-look/

"Atomic Blonde ... is a poppy, punk-rock take on the genre by fight choreographer-turned-director David Leitch (John Wick). It’s Berlin, 1989. Depeche Mode and New Order dominate the airwaves, the wall is about to come down, and Theron’s character Lorraine Broughton is sent into the chaotic city to retrieve a most-wanted dossier. James McAvoy plays her hardened, fur-coated fellow agent. (You’ve never seen a black mesh tank-top look so good.)"

The choreography itself looks great, but Theron's execution is sloppy.

"Atomic Blonde ... is a poppy, punk-rock take on the genre by fight choreographer-turned-director David Leitch (John Wick).
Now it makes sense when I saw this earlier I thought it was a female John Wick in the fight scenes

The choreography itself looks great, but Theron's execution is sloppy.
I saw that more as a considered thing in the trailer, a vulnerability but perhaps you are right

Still, looks good.

Looks pretty badass. I get why the John Wick comparisons are pouring in the comment section, the action looks slick as hell. It definitely seems a little more involved in terms of characters, and plot, though, for better, or worse. I suppose we'll see.

Oh, and John Goodman. Thank god.

Welcome to the human race...
Wasn't blown away by the trailer but I'm most likely going to catch this in cinemas.

Legend in my own mind
Looks decent to me.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
John Wick had a sex change and now he is Jane Wick.

Two things bothered me:

The sound effects when the punches and kicks were delivered were over the top [way too loud]
The choreography is not fluid. There are a lot of stops in between moves that become distracting.

I'm not interested in watching it, but who knows, might be fun.

Two things bothered me:

The sound effects when the punches and kicks were delivered were over the top [way too loud]
The choreography is not fluid. There are a lot of stops in between moves that become distracting.
I'm seeing the complaint about the sound effects a lot, but I don't really notice it. However, I completely agree about the choreography, as I said it just looks sloppy. For example the scene where Theron falls to the ground and quickly gets back up to fight. That one was really distracting and took me out of the scene completely. I'm still watching it, just not expecting anything great.

I'm seeing the complaint about the sound effects a lot, but I don't really notice it. However, I completely agree about the choreography, as I said it just looks sloppy. For example the scene where Theron falls to the ground and quickly gets back up to fight. That one was really distracting and took me out of the scene completely. I'm still watching it, just not expecting anything great.
Yeah, there are instances that you see them just stopping and waiting for her to deliver the punch/kick.

When she fell to the ground she just stayed there mentally counting before getting up. lol

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Pretty cool!

“I was cured, all right!”

Two things bothered me:

That's exactly what I think. At least we have Theron boobs again.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Two things bothered me:

I agree with both complaints. I only just sw the trailer and hadnt even heard of it. I love Charlize but Angelina Jolie she aint. Why is she doing so much action flics these days? Money woes or trying to get her action days in before she ends up like harry ford and liam neeson?

So is weird cover songs of popular hits in trailers just like, a thing now?

I agree with both complaints. I only just sw the trailer and hadnt even heard of it. I love Charlize but Angelina Jolie she aint. Why is she doing so much action flics these days? Money woes or trying to get her action days in before she ends up like harry ford and liam neeson?
ah, you noticed it too. Yeah she's doing a lot of action flicks, But she's not that good at it either.Though I did like her in the Devils' Attorney and Aeon Flux [and to some degree in the astronaut's wife]

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I'm just really surprised because she's so good at meaty dramas, now it all seems like she;s doing blockbuster popcorn action. Not whining - just curious. I will see this. It has The Good Man, and man, he lost a lot of weight post 10 cloverfield lane.

Movie Forums Extra
Keanu Reeves has some really tough competition. Keanu returned to the big screen with the blockbuster John Wick: Chapter 2. But, if you are wondering that the benchmark for action movies has been set and it couldn’t get any better, think again. The badass assassin benchmark is about to be raised to an altogether different level with Charlize Theron donning the role of one of the most hardcore assassins we have seen in recent times. Atomic Blonde is the movie I’m talking about and the setting is the 1980s Berlin where our assassin will be dealing with an endless array of shenanigans as she moves forward to complete the mission. The film is helmed by David Leitch, yes the same guy who is also directing Deadpool 2. The trailer for Atomic Blonde has been out for sometime and from the looks of it, this is the movie that all action aficionados should look forward to.

What I personally loved about the trailer is the presence of the quirky synthesized pop rock. The soundtrack gives you a nostalgic push and and you instantly recognise the 1980s tunes that add the extra oomph to the action that is ongoing on the screen. David Leitch has stated that the soundtrack was a key aspect that helped shape the movie’s style. This is more of a trend that I see emerging in upcoming action movies. More and more action movies are incorporating soundtrack as a signature style than just treating it as a routine. One of the examples that comes up in my mind is Guardians of the Galaxy but a better example would be Baby Driver. The whole movie was geared towards the amalgamation of great soundtrack and story telling. It was like one existed to propel the other forward.

Atomic Blonde makes it seem like this will be another action filled blockbuster only this time it might be the best. The cast of the movie will also include James McAvoy, John Goodman, Til Schweiger, Eddie Marsan, Sofia Boutella and Toby Jones. The best part is the fact that the film is an adaptation of the famous Oni Press graphic novel series The Coldest City. The series was written by Antony Johnston & illustrator Sam Hart. The graphic novel has been adapted by Kurt Johnstad for screen.