Film Makers at Home

Tools    

This was my first ever attempt at making a movie or editing. I ordered a few ragged action figures and a flip camera. They both came in the mail the same day so as soon as I opened the packages I started to improvise a story. I've always wanted to do this type of thing again and make it 10 times better with a different story and voices and effects.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
OK, here's one of Sarah's college films I posted five years ago here. If you click Originally Posted by mark f, immediately below in the top left corner, you'll see the original post and a few pages of quite thoughtful, interesting comments. If you originally posted in that thread, it may be interesting to watch it again and see if your thoughts have changed. If you.ve never seen it, tell me what you think.

Hi, Guys!

I need help from you on two fronts here. First, I'm posting the link to Sarah's last film. I saw it on the big screen at USC on Saturday, but this is the first time any of her films has been posted online. She couldn't post last semester's films for some silly reason. I just watched some videos at another site before I watched this, and I could see and hear them fine playing at normal speed. Now, either my computer or my connection is so slow that I can't tell if the audio is all synced up with the picture here. I could hear all the audio, and it's the finished product but my visuals were slow, frozen and skipping around.

So basically I want everybody to watch the video. It's six minutes, including the credits. Is it synced up properly? Also, please make comments about the film. I have many more than I already said earlier in the thread, but I'm not adding any more until I hear what others say.

There is supposed to be a password to watch the video, which is "quest", but it started up when I clicked on it without a password. Maybe you can also tell me if you need the password. Thanks in advance for all your time and consideration here.

tell me what you think.

Hey Mark, I finished this film short. My general impression was that there is some kind of "inside" understanding here between the cast and crew. Maybe it was improv, maybe it had deeper inclinations. I could not relate to it. Film making appears to be a tough racket.
Perhaps when I have a different set of goggles on, I can revisit. Thanks for sharing.

My first and only video glitch experiment. I mapped my axiom midi controller keyboard through a real time analog video echo chamber (feedback generator) and used knobs and sliders to manipulate the many different video art fx.

Also did my own music for this as well as sound design that would coincide every glitch and scene change for maximum effect. Tedious stuff, probably boring but it does pick up some momentum eventually.