Running

Tools    

Legend in my own mind
Any MoFo's that run?

Thought it might be good to have a thread to chat running, pass out tips and encourage one another.

Currently training for my first marathon after taking up running 14 months ago.

Done a couple of half maras but this step up has been brutal.

It is less than 4 weeks away and over the weekend I have had a full on attack of 'Maranoia'

Bit more prepared than 'Run fat boy run' but not as equipped as 'Marathon man'

I had to quit for one year. Now that spring is coming I'm starting again running my 9 KM per week.

He doesn't post here much, but @Banknotes Harper, who's in the site's fantasy baseball league, runs a lot. He might have some stuff to say.

I've always had crappy stamina and lung capacity, particularly as an adult, but I've been walking a couple of miles a day (with the dog) for awhile now, and slowly introducing little spurts of jogging or running into it. Slow going, though. I lost a lot of weight over the last two years, but the general conditioning is still a work in progress.

Legend in my own mind
He doesn't post here much, but @Banknotes Harper, who's in the site's fantasy baseball league, runs a lot. He might have some stuff to say.

I've always had crappy stamina and lung capacity, particularly as an adult, but I've been walking a couple of miles a day (with the dog) for awhile now, and slowly introducing little spurts of jogging or running into it. Slow going, though. I lost a lot of weight over the last two years, but the general conditioning is still a work in progress.
That's how I started. Walk/Running 3 or 4 times a week. Started with more running than walking and then there was no walking. Now I am running non stop for just under 3 hours and lost a lot of weight. I started running so I didn't have to diet. Would rather run 4 or 5 miles a day than give up pizza

You can't win an argument just by being right!
My running days are behind me but I think you should come here and do this in Tasmani, Sarge

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...k1NjFoenZWMS13

MC for the Great Underground Circus
I run out of money often.

Legend in my own mind
My running days are behind me but I think you should come here and do this in Tasmani, Sarge

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...k1NjFoenZWMS13
Have seen that before. Looks great. Let me get past a marathon before looking at ultras
50 mountainous miles.

Looks nice though.

There were times when I was trying to make a habit out of it, but it's just so extremely boring. I could never go through with it.

Legend in my own mind
I run but I am no marathon runner. I am trying to get back to when I could run 5 miles, and try to get up to 10. I am at 4 miles right now.
I started 14 months ago to get fit and couldn't run half a mile. I just sign up for races and run for charities to keep me focused. If I didn't do that I think I would have stopped.

I started 14 months ago to get fit and couldn't run half a mile. I just sign up for races and run for charities to keep me focused. If I didn't do that I think I would have stopped.
I do it as stress relief. Some days I need a good run to get my mind and emotions back in sync. It is also great for adrenaline dumps. I try to keep at around a 8-9 minute mile pace. I was quicker when I was in the Army. But no more PT Tests means I don't have to run as fast anymore.

I seem to get shin splints rather quickly and suspect some mild asthma as my throat starts to burn and feel sharp in the chest but...I do enjoy the outdoors, have found even walking with no music helps you focus on natural rhythm and with each day you continue, jogging/running is more attainable for even an out of shape person like myself. I think maybe this post belongs in the support group, but I'll be a fly on the wall if it's all the same. I'm about to eat duck in like 10 minutes so running is something that's either gonna kill me this Winter, or save my life. Good luck!

I run a lot, I am training right now to make my university's cross country team in september.

My favorite distances are 5 and 10k so I focus on that, I might go for a marathon later in my life!

Unregistered User
First Marathon on Sunday. Nerves and excitement are kicking in.

Slow 4 miles today

Good luck for Sunday Sarge. Ran my one and only marathon couple years back and have to say, completing it was the best feeling.