Sad songs are the best songs

Tools    

MC for the Great Underground Circus
There are many Sad/Melancholic songs around. Some resonate with us, while others no so much.

Share the Sad/Melancholic songs you like best and tell us why.

@gbgoodies , @Chypmunk , @christine , this Thread is specially aimed at you.

It depicts an old man whose life long love is about to die, and as they exchange their last words to each other, promising to meet again on this earth she slips in and out of conscientiousness.

Personal appeal - I love old people.And many old people die alone. I've witnessed the deep claws of sadness that took my grandfather from this world after his wife died. He had a cancer for quite a while and he hold on to life to take care of my grandmother, cause she was blind and bed ridden for years.

Welll, most Radiohead songs are damn melancholic, but this one takes the cake. It's about suicide and peacefulness after loss.

Who hasn't ever felt that no matter how much we struggle, the world seems always to bury us under cold, unfair scrutiny? Powerful stuff.

Starless and Bible Black
[or, if you prefer, sadness and hopelessness] is all about feeling depressed with no light of happiness at the end of the tunnel. I've been there, you've been there, we've all been there.

It could be any street in any city of any country. The lyrics say it all.

x japan pulled some nice sentimental songs and they'd packaged in one album

For me, Frosti is the saddest song ever made. For personal reasons.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Clay Walker - Where Do I Fit In The Picture is a song about a man who finds out that the woman he loves is marrying another man.

Tim McGraw - If You're Reading This is a song that is written in the form of a letter written by a soldier to his parents, that is supposed to be sent to them if he dies in combat.

Alan Jackson - Where Were You (When The World Stopped Turning) is a song written by Alan Jackson after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Darryl Worley - Have You Forgotten? is another song about the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Welcome to the human race...

"This is a sad f*ckin' song. We'll be lucky if I don't bust out cryin'."

Country music definitely holds the record for sobbin' in your beer music. A lot of people dismiss it, and sometimes I want to myself when it drops into the maudlin, I just want to laugh, but sometimes if you're in the mood it's a real killer. GBG finds the best ones. At the best they can just feel like they can relate to everyone without being dirgelike, at the worse they're unwittingly funny. I like the sad drinking ones.

Country music definitely holds the record for sobbin' in your beer music. A lot of people dismiss it, and sometimes I want to myself when it drops into the maudlin, I just want to laugh, but sometimes if you're in the mood it's a real killer. GBG finds the best ones. At the best they can just feel like they can relate to everyone without being dirgelike, at the worse they're unwittingly funny. I like the sad drinking ones.
post your favorite Sad Songs Christine.

You know you want to....

WARNING: "hit me" spoilers below
YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!!

WARNING: "hit me again" spoilers below
DO IT!!!!!

ok!
Here's some of mine, and these are really my favourites so if we do have a sad songs tournament you'll have to listen to them again

This one reduces me to tears

as does this, sung here by Maria Callas

ok!
Here's some of mine, and these are really my favourites so if we do have a sad songs tournament you'll have to listen to them again

This one reduces me to tears

as does this, sung here by Maria Callas

Exquisite choices you have there. I applaud your good taste.