Anyone think Best Picture was Staged?

Tools    

Who?

Like others have said, if it wasn't staged, pretty impressive that the orchestra is ready to bang out any of the nominated films' scores at a moment's notice
Not really, If everyone already knew what was winning what, there'd be leaks aplenty.

I think it's just a matter of them rehearsing what they might need to play, the winners called, the music pops up on screen for them.

Same with the announcer people were calling foul on because they were ready with all the technical credit on the wrong film. they probably had stats for all nom's and when the winner is called, just go to that films stats.

the Oscar results stay pretty secure because they don't just hand out the results to everyone involved. again, leaks aplenty.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I cant remember where I read this but I thought only those two people from price waterhouse knew the winners?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
If the Oscars ran as they normally do and rushed through the ending because they're behind schedule, Leslie's plan would have worked perfectly. The show would have ended and gone to commercial and/or another show before anyone knew what happened. Unfortunately, they were so far behind schedule, they just allowed them to keep talking and then the jig was up!. Missed it by that much..

Anyone think Best Picture was Staged?
It's almost too dumb a question to dignify it with a response, but for the record no.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

If the Oscars ran as they normally do and rushed through the ending because they're behind schedule, Leslie's plan would have worked perfectly. The show would have ended and gone to commercial and/or another show before anyone knew what happened. Unfortunately, they were so far behind schedule, they just allowed them to keep talking and then the jig was up!. Missed it by that much..
I'm inlove with that cattygate!

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
The artsy elite, with a ton of experience in putting on this same, stale, old show, made more UH-OHs in one event, than I've seen at any single inauguration, football game or UFC event.

Kimmel's jokes were pretty fair. I especially liked the references to all the movies no one had seen.

Seemed like they just gave out awards to compensate for their ingrained racial exclusion. Last I remember, they pacified the same existing situation with Denzel's and Halle's Oscars.

I think Hollywood got shamed into voting Moonlight.

Every single Hollywood newspaper site that I came across during the last few weeks was framing La La Land as the typical self-absorbed film that was "made by Hollywood about Hollywood and for Hollywood", while Moonlight was constantly put forward as the better and more "moral" choice of the two.

Maybe they were right. I haven't seen Moonlight yet, but will soon. I'm indifferent to what happened, but I think the framing of the last few weeks was crucial for this upset.

Blake Lively,,,you're obsessed dude.
She looked great being hunted down by an angry hungry shark in The Swallows but you know there is something wrong when an actor gets out acted by a seagull.

I know it was a big deal to everyone directly involved, but as a fan of movies and the Oscars it was not that big of a deal to me. I mean certainly it was a surprise, but so was Moonlight winning. Mistakes happen, we are all human. Sure someone(s) will pay or lose a job or whatever reprimand they come up with, but as far as being staged I seriously doubt it for many reasons.

Don't forget they also had a woman on the In Memorium tribute that wasn't actually dead.

I would say the president should be fired for this (along with the crap ratings) but she's well um...

Who would fire her? Isn't she in charge? How's the procedure for replacing an Academy President even work?

All questions that should probably have answers before we go suggesting that she has her job because she's a minority, if that was indeed the implication.

I know it was a big deal to everyone directly involved, but as a fan of movies and the Oscars it was not that big of a deal to me. I mean certainly it was a surprise, but so was Moonlight winning. Mistakes happen, we are all human. Sure someone(s) will pay or lose a job or whatever reprimand they come up with, but as far as being staged I seriously doubt it for many reasons.
The guy from PW stuffed up. He was multi tasking by the looks and having more fun on twitter than doing the job at hand. Should he lose his job? Not up to me but I think there'll be some seriously cranky people around him today.

I'd rather talk about building a bunker in the back yard and eating a pizza in an underground kill room...