Anyone think Best Picture was Staged?

Tools    

Intercepted text log:

Warren Beatty - But....but I can't!

Leslie - Meow.

Warren Beatty - It's wrong! It'll cause chaos!

Leslie - Meow!

Warren Beatty - Okay, okay, you win. But if I do this, you'll destroy the photos?

Leslie - Meow...

Warren Beatty - You're a monster.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Ha. When I first saw that I mde the mistake of taking a sip of tea. Went down the wrong way. That little bitch of a cat. She also got the pizza you were saving for me.

I had no idea that there was a much-to-do about last night Oscars, until I read about it here at MoFo

I just posted this on the Shoutbox....

I don't buy most conspiracy theories. Happenstance is what happens, more often than not and then people connect the dots in an erroneous way. Yea that was just a fluke.

Ha. When I first saw that I mde the mistake of taking a sip of tea. Went down the wrong way. That little bitch of a cat. She also got the pizza you were saving for me.
I actually have, like, an entire leftover pizza. I brought some into work to get people to help me eat it...and they have leftover pizza, too.

Too much pizza. A sentence that by all rights should never exist.

Needs a photo in the mouthgasm thread.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
No

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
There are a hundred thousand trending twitters, one even called "envelopegate" --- everything has to have a "gate" at the end.. Every click brings money.

I like oscargate better. And my next announcement - LeslieTheCatGate.

If Price Waterhouse still have the job next year I'll be nodding and saying - Yup...set up.
I doubt they let the firm go that's been handling the Oscars for decades over one screw up.

On top of having to find a new firm to do it that would have to create a whole new system from scratch and plus, once people screw up, they have a tendancy to be more careful. next years should probably be the safest they'll ever have.

Do I think it was staged? Ummmm no.

Do I think it's hilarious people are grabbing for their tin foil hats screaming Illumnati?

Hell yes.

It was a simple screw up that was fixed maybe a minute after it happened. Nobody gained anything, The Oscars ended up with quite a bit of egg on their face and I just don't see them humiliating themselves for a stunt.

Oh C'mon, my friend, this is the only time I'm ever going to run with a tinfoil hat. It;s fun.

But I think you're right, you party pooper.

I'm loving that new smilie.

Must be doin sumthin right
Like others have said, if it wasn't staged, pretty impressive that the orchestra is ready to bang out any of the nominated films' scores at a moment's notice

The most loathsome of all goblins
Every year, they put some phony baloney (oscarstoowhite?) to people can talk about it, to get people watching. I can't be sure, but I think it was staged.
I don't know about staged, but the Oscars are crap and they've been crap for decades. A bunch of rich imbeciles patting each other on the back for making "important" movies about the everyman's struggle in the cruel cruel world, while pretending these movies aren't derivative tripe that we've already seen a thousand times before. Oscarbait films are almost always disingenuous garbage that everyone forgets about in 3-4 years.

I do think the voters felt pressured to vote for films with/about African-Americans after the "controversy" last year, absolutely. It has even further tainted what is already an empty, bankrupt awards show.

You have a way with words, Blix. That was a good read.�� supposed to be a thumbs up.

I think Oscars have proceeded to move in the right direction compared to previous years. Period dramas should give way to more diverse genres and styles.

Can't wait to see the envelopegate movie. I vote Jim Carey plays Beatty and Maru plays Leslie. Of course, god knows what'll happen to my votes.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I lolled at "envelopegate".