your favorite james bond actor of all time?

Tools    

as you can see from my avatar i like pierce brosnan a lot as james bond, especially with how smooth he is playing the character and how comfortable he is in the role, he has the suavness ladies man type of delivery and sophistication to take on the role, shame that the material he had at hand was that it was the best he could work with, with what he was offered, many of his outings were over the top action escapades with explosions after explosions, maybe i have to say his best outing would be the world is not enough in terms of plotting, just after goldeneye his best film by a mile and my best bond movie after goldfinger.
anyway give me your best james bond actor that you think should be at the top
my list goes:
1-sean connery and pierce brosnan at nb1
2-roger moore and timothy dalton
3-daniel craig
4-georges lazenby

As a massive, massive Bond fan, I find that each of the actors is great in their own way (Yes, even Lazenby). As a kid, it was usually a tie between Moore and Brosnan, but now it's between Connery and Brosnan. Goldeneye is just so damn good.

as you can see from my avatar i like pierce brosnan a lot as james bond, especially with how smooth he is playing the character and how comfortable he is in the role, he has the suavness ladies man type of delivery and sophistication to take on the role, shame that the material he had at hand was that it was the best he could work with, with what he was offered, many of his outings were over the top action escapades with explosions after explosions, maybe i have to say his best outing would be the world is not enough in terms of plotting, just after goldeneye his best film by a mile and my best bond movie after goldfinger.
anyway give me your best james bond actor that you think should be at the top
my list goes:
1-sean connery and pierce brosnan at nb1
2-roger moore and timothy dalton
3-daniel craig
4-georges lazenby
In order:

Timothy Dalton
Sean Connery
Roger Moore
Pierce Brosnan
George Lazenby
Daniel Craig

1. Sean Connery (my quintessential version of Bond)
2. George Lazenby (don't understand a low ranking, he was in one of the best Bond movies)
3. Daniel Craig (closest to the Connery version)
4. Pierce Brosnan (basically just for Goldeneye)
5. Timothy Dalton (didn't care for either of his films)
6. Roger Moore (was in more bad ones than good ones)
7. David Niven (theirs a reason his film isn't "cannon")

Pierce Bronson. First 007 movie I watched was Goldeneye. Classic.

movies can be okay...
Sean Connery. Enough said.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Please do not kill me, I know that correct answer is Connery, but I always loved Lazenby as Bond. I just could never buy Connery as badass secret agent, Brosnan was also fun, he had class but I could also imagine him in a fight while Connery...sorry but no. And let's not forget Craig who was essentially Lazenby 2.0

This might just do nobody any good.
Sean Connery, probably, but since Craig was my first Bond, his are the films I most closely associate with the character.

Likely an unpopular opinion: Brosnan is bland. Like the picture that comes with the frame bland.

Moore was always too creepy for me.

Sean Connery, probably, but since Craig was my first Bond, his are the films I most closely associate with the character.

Likely an unpopular opinion: Brosnan is bland. Like the picture that comes with the frame bland.

Moore was always too creepy for me.
i respect your opinion, but u are certainly the minority here?

The most loathsome of all goblins
1) Pierce Brosnan - He may not have added anything new to the character, but he has traits from all of the previous Bond actors which makes him the most well-rounded, and he's the most believable as a ladies' man. I do admit some of it is nostalgia, because he was Bond when I was a kid and I still vividly remember seeing Tomorrow Never Dies on the big screen and being mesmerized by it.

2) Sean Connery - The original James Bond and the most charismatic. Set the gold standard for the rest to follow, and he was also the best at delivering one-liners.

3) Timothy Dalton - Has the most genuine acting talent, even if he was a bit uncomfortable with some of the humor.

4) Roger Moore - The most likable Bond, the one you'd like to have a few drinks with and shoot the breeze. However he's brought down by the fact that he way too old in his last two films, and it was like watching someone's grandpa woo young women and beat up bad guys, weirds me out

5) George Lazenby - Inconsistent performance, might have improved in future installments but foolishly chose to abandon the role, ruining his career by being blacklisted in the process. Still, he's pretty good with the cracks and has great chemistry with Diana Rigg

6) Daniel Craig - A fine actor but I stand by my first instincts when he was originally cast, not a good fit for Bond. He has improved under the direction of Sam Mendes, but I remain indifferent to his portrayal.

1) Pierce Brosnan - He may not have added anything new to the character, but he has traits from all of the previous Bond actors which makes him the most well-rounded, and he's the most believable as a ladies' man. I do admit some of it is nostalgia, because he was Bond when I was a kid and I still vividly remember seeing Tomorrow Never Dies on the big screen and being mesmerized by it.

2) Sean Connery - The original James Bond and the most charismatic. Set the gold standard for the rest to follow, and he was also the best at delivering one-liners.

3) Timothy Dalton - Has the most genuine acting talent, even if he was a bit uncomfortable with some of the humor.

4) Roger Moore - The most likable Bond, the one you'd like to have a few drinks with and shoot the breeze. However he's brought down by the fact that he way too old in his last two films, and it was like watching someone's grandpa woo young women and beat up bad guys, weirds me out

5) George Lazenby - Inconsistent performance, might have improved in future installments but foolishly chose to abandon the role, ruining his career by being blacklisted in the process. Still, he's pretty good with the cracks and has great chemistry with Diana Rigg

6) Daniel Craig - A fine actor but I stand by my first instincts when he was originally cast, not a good fit for Bond. He has improved under the direction of Sam Mendes, but I remain indifferent to his portrayal.
thx for your input very good and straight to the point observation

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Sean Connery (said with his accent) and Mads Mikkelsen. And Dame Judy Dench. I have a lady crush on her. Getting a bit bored of Daniel Craig's duck pout so glad he's moving on to other things.

The most loathsome of all goblins
Only ever been one Bond for me, yum yum
I think Dalton was a little awkward in The Living Daylights, but he knocked it out of the park in Licence to Kill. And yeah, he was one handsome devil.

A shame we'll never get to see him in The Property of a Lady which was supposedly going to be his third film.

I think mine would go
1 Connery
2 Brosnan
3 Craig
4 Dalton
5 Moore - Lazenby

Sad considering I grew up with Moore, but looking back he was waaaay too old for the role (Especially at the end... Him with Bond Girls gave off a creepy grandpa vibe.)

1)
lol I didn't even read earlier posts and said the same thing, Moore at the end gave off the creepy grandpa vibe with his Bond Girls...

I think Dalton was a little awkward in The Living Daylights, but he knocked it out of the park in Licence to Kill. And yeah, he was one handsome devil.

A shame we'll never get to see him in The Property of a Lady which was supposedly going to be his third film.

that would have been a great film and certainly timothy would have stamped his authority on the role had it came out that year.

The ones that really matter:
1-Sean Connery
2 Roger Moore

Decent enough:

3 Timothy Dalton
4 Pierce Brosnan
5 Daniel Craig

Who cares:
6 Georges Lazenby...though to be fair it's not the actors fault it's the wimpy screenplay than made Lazenby's Bond forgettable.