Logan

Tools    

Legend in my own mind
Superb

“I was cured, all right!”
I think it's the best in the series.
Thats not actually difficulty. The last good X-Men movie was released in 2003. I think that's why people are so amazed by this one... Personally, it's just another movie... Nothing good about it, the violence was not that brutal as I was expecting.

Welcome to the human race...
Thats not actually difficulty. The last good X-Men movie was released in 2003. I think that's why people are so amazed by this one... Personally, it's just another movie... Nothing good about it, the violence was not that brutal as I was expecting.
On the other hand, I could contend that X2's good reputation similarly benefits from a lack of real competition that makes it seem better in comparison. You know what other superhero movies were out in 2003? Hulk, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Daredevil...you get the idea. In any case, I could see how this could come across as "just another movie" when virtually all you watch is grim violent action/thrillers anyway. I think the (relative) lack of brutality works in Logan's favour - there's a purpose to it that makes it preferable to the R-rated superhero stuff that revels in its bloody carnage.

wait, what?

You are really putting up some high demands, huh?

I thought it was extremely violent.
What do you expect? His username is Ultraviolence.

“I was cured, all right!”
On the other hand, I could contend that X2's good reputation similarly benefits from a lack of real competition that makes it seem better in comparison. You know what other superhero movies were out in 2003? Hulk, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Daredevil...you get the idea. In any case, I could see how this could come across as "just another movie" when virtually all you watch is grim violent action/thrillers anyway. I think the (relative) lack of brutality works in Logan's favour - there's a purpose to it that makes it preferable to the R-rated superhero stuff that revels in its bloody carnage.

X2 was better than all others X-Men movies. That's my point!
"all you watch is grim violent action/thrillers" well, I'm a big fan of comic books, so I really like super heroes in stupid suits. My problem with the adaptations it's that people can't be impartial. They love everything that Marvel does without judge. Guardians of the Galaxy for example sucked, but if I say that out loud near to the fans, they think that I'm a weirdo just because of that. I used to read GotG since I was a kid. In Marvel Now, GotG sucked, just like the movie. I was one of the few persons who know wtf was Rocket Raccoon when they added him on Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Welcome to the human race...
It doesn't matter if it was the best or not (personally I don't think so, but that's just me). My point was about the extenuating circumstances that would influence one's perception of its actual quality - you even say that people can't be impartial about the adaptations, so does that apply to you as well? I certainly don't love everything Marvel does, but I still liked Logan just fine as its own movie.

Legend in my own mind
X2 was better than all others X-Men movies. That's my point!
"all you watch is grim violent action/thrillers" well, I'm a big fan of comic books, so I really like super heroes in stupid suits. My problem with the adaptations it's that people can't be impartial. They love everything that Marvel does without judge. Guardians of the Galaxy for example sucked, but if I say that out loud near to the fans, they think that I'm a weirdo just because of that. I used to read GotG since I was a kid. In Marvel Now, GotG sucked, just like the movie. I was one of the few persons who know wtf was Rocket Raccoon when they added him on Marvel vs Capcom 3.
I disagree. There are the Marvel fanboys and fangirls out there who will love verything they do, there are also the comic book purists who will pick faults in how the film has strayed from the comic etc. Then there are those like me, who have no loyalty to marvel but take each film on it's own merits. I do it with all films, including super hero films and including marvel films.
Thought most of the Marvel films were average with some dreadful ones thrown in, thought most of the X men films were average. Loved Logan.
If all of the other Marvel films were of this standard then I may well be a Marvel Fanboy

c'mon now....

92% Logan
91% Days of Future Past
86% X-men First Class
86% X-2
84% Deadpool
81% X-men
69% The Wolverine
58% X-men Last Stand
48% X-men Apocalypse
38% Wolverine:Origins

compared to what we got last year
27% Batman V Superman

Just to keep things in perspective. There were things in Logan that I really liked and other quibbles I didn't care for.

Sorry. a) I didn't notice, but b) in my defense, better to post something like a tweet that can be embedded right on the page, anyway, without having to leave the thread.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Sorry. a) I didn't notice, but b) in my defense, better to post something like a tweet that can be embedded right on the page, anyway, without having to leave the thread.
It's so good it needs multiple postings.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A week later and this movie is STILL haunting me.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing???

I never click on the fb links either. Sorry @Dani8...they ruin my sense of board aesthetics. #FancyBish