The 2014 MoFie Award Ceremonies

Tools    

If not the Chill Club, I would have voted for the '70s Countdown.

Of all the great threads of 2014, I'm happy to present the award for Best Thread of The Year to Holden Pike for his hard work and dedication on the thread:
THE MOFO TOP 100 OF THE SEVENTIES

Congratulations!

Well, that's still good. YAY Holden and your '70s Countdown thread!

Well, Miss Vicky, we don't know how the Animation Countdown is gonna end yet. It could blow up in these last few days and be really awful.

I want to write a heartfelt acceptance speech and poorly photoshop Captain Spaulding's head on somebody's body and all that nonsense, but the ceremony would be over by the time I finished typing it up, so I'll hold off for now.

I'm surprised by how badly I wanted that award. I've actually been in a bad mood the last couple of days because I had convinced myself that I had lost. I figured GBGoodies or Rhys would get the award, to be honest. I sometimes feel like I rub people the wrong way for being too ridiculous at times, especially with all the bath stuff. I've even heard that some may have voted against me for shamelessly campaigning for myself, but I was just trying to have fun.

I know that the other nominees have more posts than I do, but I put a lot of effort into my posts. Sometimes I worry that the time and effort isn't worth it, but receiving Best New MoFo definitely makes me feel appreciated, which is a great feeling.

Thank you to everyone who voted for me. I'll go into more detail later in typical Captain Spaulding fashion.

Although I must say I'm happy with Miss Vicky's Animation Countdown. It was better than I thought it would be. Mostly because a ton of my movies made it.

And I loved the '80s Movie Countdown thread, too.

And Sean's 20 Questions thread... hey. I actually think that was a really good idea.

Chappie doesn't like the real world

Every day the forum has a multitude of posts. Some are insightful, knowledgeable, funny, heartfelt and some we probably even regret.

Occasionally a post really stands out and is in one way or another truly memorable.

Here are the five posts that you all picked as the standouts of this year:

The Sexy Grinch Post ~Written By Nostromo87

Sexy Grinch Post

The Brave Little Toaster Post ~ Written by Weeman

Brave Little Toaster

Quitting the Forum Post ~ Written by Guaporense

quitting the forum

Thank You Post ~ Written by Rhys

Thank You

Nicolas Cage Post ~ Written by Christine

Nic Cage post

What We Would Check Members Off For If The Top 100 MoFo's Were To Become A List ~ Written by Swan

List Post

And The Winner is.....

I should have voted for it, but got greedy and voted Chill Club.
Greedy is the way to go!

Master of My Domain
I hope Chill thread, but 70s is great too.
The 70s thread is just a great list, but the Chill thread is great place where you get to interact with one another and make the community a greater place overall. That's why I voted for it, because I was judging my vote upon a thread that made MoFo a better place the best. In my opinion, the Chill Club nailed it.

That's 2/2 for me. There's been many great threads this year, and a massive thanks to everyone involved in making them great, but in terms of sheer quality and effort put in to every post I think we can all agree that Holden's Seventies thread is the best. It's been the best countdown so far (no disrespect to previous countdowns), I knew it was going to be great with so many top films, but Holden's effort and personal insight in to the era made it even more so.

Now I have to top that for the Sixties

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Brave Little Toaster!!!

Congrats, Weeman! You are the first MoFo to become a winner of an award two years in a row,

I can't wait to see what you pull out next year. You had really stiff competition this year so the bar has been raised, my friend.

Here is your MoFie:

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Chill Club is over 500 pages and I agree, a lot of activity happens in there, year round. Who's to say it wouldn't be nominated again next year.