New Member Titles

Tools    

MovieForums Extra

As some of you might have noticed, there are some new, slightly modified member titles, they look like this I think (correct me if I'm wrong):

MovieForums Newbie 0-50 posts
MovieForums Member 50-100 posts
MovieForums Regular 100-150 posts
MovieForums Groupie 150-300 posts
MovieForums Guru 300-500 posts
MovieForums Wacko 500+ posts

The change came with the addition of MF Groupie. I personally like the title, but the point of this thread is to get some suggestions for it, maybe we'll come up with something even better. So, any suggestions?

MovieForums Extra

Aaah, can't believe this! It's been a couple of days since I posted this and NO-ONE has replied!! Talk about a bummer Doesn't anyone have any ideas?? Ubelievable!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
WEll it doesn't matter to me because either way I'm a moderator.

I think they all sound good.

Here's the official list.

MovieForums Newbie: 0-20 posts
MovieForums Member: 20-75 posts
MovieForums Regular: 75-150 posts
MovieForums Groupie: 75-150 posts
MovieForums Addict: 350-500 posts
MovieForums Wacko: 500+ posts

I'll probably change them later.

MovieForums Extra

Oops, I didn't know it had changed

What happened to Guru, I was personally looking forward to getting that title! Although addict sounds good, it doesn't have the same vibe to it!

I'm still a newbie.

I was a Newbie for too long myself, but with all the new and interesting people who have joined since I did, there's no reason to be a Newbie for long. There are just too many intersting topics and threads to post to these days.

This is my favorite movie-related site (and one of my favorites on the web in any category) because there is a good community here.

Bring back Guru!

We've got these levels on mine:

Football Punter (unregistered poster - may have to start demanding registration soon)
Football Punter (registered: 0-50)
Seasoned Punter (registered: 51-100)
Senior Punter (registered: 101-200)
Guru Punter (registered: 201+)

They also get a different number of spinning balls underneath depending on what level they are (it keeps them happy ).

Glad to hear it, Ryan! Especially coming from someone who seems to post just about everywhere.

I'll consider something similar Ollie - IE: like SitePoint's stars underneath the username. I hate to say it again, but I'm still holding off on things like that until the new vBulletin comes out.

I've got my fingers crossed for sometime in February.

Well, I have been putting things off to but just couldn't wait any more so I installed the Private Message hack.

Maybe you could have popcorn instead of stars? A lot of boards limit themselves, IMHO, to stars, when I think that it would be better to have something more closely connected to their theme.

Perhaps popcorns for us average joes, and old-style camcorders for the important people?

MovieForums Extra

Wouldn't it work if you got standard sized pictures and minimized them? Or perhaps use little icons instead (I'm pretty sure they have some in standard programmes like MS Office, pics that you can minimize then turn into icons).

Yeah, but they'd get *very* fuzzy in the process - the only way they'd be clear is if they were created to be small, since re-sizing isn't an "exact science", so to speak.

Need to find images I can legally modify and use as well. Windows might have some clipart or something.

Had a little search for you and came up with this page. You might find it useful, you might not!

Hmmm...I'll think it over a bit. I hate to use this as my exscuse everywhere, but I'll probably make most changes to the site proposed when vBulletin 2.0 comes out.

Movie Forums Maniac
Movie Forums Devotee
Movie Forums Slacker
Movie Forums Popcorn Muncher
Movie Forums Cinemaniac
Movie Forums Lifer

In no certain order. Just throwing out ideas.