MoFo Lists

Tools    

Put me in your pocket...
Actually, AFI decided to list only 25, and named the list "100 Years of Musicals." You'll notice this is slightly different from the other titles, which follow the "100 Years... 100 BLANK" format.
Silly me.~

Thanks for letting me know.

I'll send you a PM with some ways to help us narrow the problem down. In the meantime, do you perhaps have JavaScript disabled?
I'm not sure if JavaScript is disabled or not. I'll go check it. Thanks.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I think I may make it my goal to see more of the films on these lists, too. I think it will be easier than trying to see all of the films in my book '1001 movies to see before you die', anyway...

But my other goal is to watch more non-English language films, so don't know how watching more afi listed films will fit with that...

I finally finished mine I had to do it in 3 goes as my computer is playing up

Wow. I don't know if I should laugh or cry. My highest is Thrills and that's still less than 50 percent.

The Musicals are terrible for me and that I could laugh at cause I doubt I ever watch another musical in my life. Can't stand them.

Have a look at Pikeys he has 100% for all
Yeah I saw that. I would have used the shock face if he had any less to be honest.

Crikey Nebbit, you've seen a fair few! More than Yoda, shall be expecting some more film orientated, analytical, critical posts from you from now on.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Have a look at Pikeys he has 100% for all
No offense to the older MoFo's, but you have to expect they've seen far more than the young-ins.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Jeepers, I'm only thirty-seven. And I saw the vast majority of those flicks before I was thirty.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

You could've ended that post right there and would've automatically dated yourself.

What I meant by my previous post is that most of the films on the AFI lists were fresh in people's minds back then, and back then going to the movies didn't cost almost as much as it costs to fill your tank with gas nowadays.

For the MoFo's that are in their 30+ years, they would've had a more enjoyable opportunity to watch them moreso than those of us who haven't been around as long and have really been catered to with VHS, DVD and now HD DVD/Blu Ray.

Of course, you're only 12 years older than me Holds, so you're not the old fogey I previously made you out to be.

No offense to the older MoFo's, but you have to expect they've seen far more than the young-ins.
I'm not sure there spud. A matter of taste I think. Well you're right too but for me it's the taste thing. There are allot of movies on the lists there I would never have any interest in seeing.

Taxi Driver or The French Connection are the ones I want to see definitely soon enough.

But something like The Wizard of Oz ......Hell no.

But something like The Wizard of Oz ......Hell no.
Oh, well...try growing up in Kansas and having that movie played ALL THE TIME. I remember growing up hiding whenever the Wicked Witch of the West would come on screen, granted I was like 4 or 5, but she's very traumatizing to a small child.

Well, what I've been trying to say this whole time, just not said it, is that back when you HAD to go to the theatre to watch a movie, you were actually able to take it all in, whereas, those of us who have the option of watching a movie in the theatre, on the computer, on TV, whatever you desire basically don't really get to take in the classics as they were meant to be taken in. You can still enjoy them, don't get me wrong, but you won't be able to truly see it how it was meant to be seen (ie., Star Wars). Now, since Lucas re-released them, an entire new generation was introduced to the saga as it was meant to be seen, and it means so much more to them having seen it on the big screen vice on a 25", or whatever size TV. That's basically what I've been trying to say, but for some reason go off on in an entirely different direction.

I think taste has something to do with it, but not entirely.

Of course, you're only 12 years older than me Holds, so you're not the old fogey I previously made you out to be.
I am! and i take "no offence" to your previous statement a lot of those old movies I saw on TV when i was a kid

I suck at remembering the name's of movie's I've seen. I'll need to go back over what I checked while I look at the covers on another site. I never learned to read. I remember pictures a lot better.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

I suck at remembering the name's of movie's I've seen. I'll need to go back over what I checked while I look at the covers on another site. I never learned to read. I remember pictures a lot better.
Me too, there are a few I think I have seen, have to go and read what they are about then i remember them

What's wrong with the Wizard of Oz Escape? I'm only 20 and just got the 3-disc edition on DVD few months ago, mainly because of Blue Velvet but it's still pretty fun.

I remember growing up hiding whenever the Wicked Witch of the West would come on screen, granted I was like 4 or 5, but she's very traumatizing to a small child.
Yeah I've never liked witches. Not in a scary way or anything, they just annoy me lol. Now clowns I've always hated. Grown men in make up interacting with little boys and girls. yeesh. Not a big make up guy either so maybe I just didn't want that white stuff touching me the closer I got to them.

Originally Posted by spudracer
Well, what I've been trying to say this whole time, just not said it, is that back when you HAD to go to the theatre to watch a movie, you were actually able to take it all in, whereas, those of us who have the option of watching a movie in the theatre, on the computer, on TV, whatever you desire basically don't really get to take in the classics as they were meant to be taken in. You can still enjoy them, don't get me wrong, but you won't be able to truly see it how it was meant to be seen (ie., Star Wars). Now, since Lucas re-released them, an entire new generation was introduced to the saga as it was meant to be seen, and it means so much more to them having seen it on the big screen vice on a 25", or whatever size TV. That's basically what I've been trying to say, but for some reason go off on in an entirely different direction.
Yeah, I agree that there is a huge difference in seeing it at home rather than in the theatre but mostly in the atmosphere department.
In theatres, the picture is still grainy with lines and constant imperfections popping up as the movie continues to run. To me, the clarity is allot better at home. And now with those 60'' HDTV screens out on the market with the wicked surround sounds going with them that wasn't available in theatre years ago, the movie seems to be captured even more perfectly than before. The only thing missing is the size, smell, look and feel of 100 plus people watching it with you in one room which really doesn't effect the movie on it's own. That's my opinion anyways.

What's wrong with the Wizard of Oz Escape? I'm only 20 and just got the 3-disc edition on DVD few months ago, mainly because of Blue Velvet but it's still pretty fun.
I suppose it's that era. Not a big fan of the 30's, 20 and below. I could never stand to watch a Charlie Chaplin movie for instance. I also don't like people in costumes and make up and all, acting childish and just weird. As many times as I've heard the name The Wizard of Oz, this is how much I know about the story.....

'Some little girl meets a bunch of odd creatures (that I never in a million years would pass off as the real deal) and they take her on some weird adventure involving a witch or something'

......see, I just shut my mind out even wanting to know what it's entirely about. I just don't care to even look further. I'm weird that way I suppose.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Jeepers, I'm only thirty-seven. And I saw the vast majority of those flicks before I was thirty.
It's not that 37 is old, but that is still a lot of movie-watching years on, say, someone in their 20s. And I bet some people on mofo haven't even reached 20 yet. If you never had a video or dvd player as a kid, and your parents wouldn't let you watch anything age-restricted then you have a lot of catching up to do from the age of 17! I hope to have seen the vast majority of the films on the list by the time I'm 30, too

I would say it's a 50/50 shot. You have to want to view these films. I know some people who never will. Then you need the time to view them.
Me, I'm 38, and I need more time. I aim to own the bulk of them, eventually.