Life

Tools    

If you don't want anything spoiled just ignore this thread entirely.

Just read parts of an article on BD discussing a very interesting theory going around about the movie Life.
WARNING: spoilers below
It suggests Life is actually a prequel to the Venom Spin-off that's in the works.
The url is in itself a spoiler so I'll add it in a spoiler tag.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/comics/3428543/life-prequel-sonys-spider-man-spinoff-venom/

MC for the Great Underground Circus
If you don't want anything spoiled just ignore this thread entirely.

Just read parts of an article on BD discussing a very interesting theory going around about the movie Life.
It suggests Life is actually a prequel to the Venom Spin-off that's in the works.
The url is in itself a spoiler so I'll add it in a spoiler tag.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/comics/3428543/life-prequel-sonys-spider-man-spinoff-venom/
Not buying it.

I always get a kick out of theories. We'll have to wait and see if this holds any weight.

I always get a kick out of theories. We'll have to wait and see if this holds any weight.
My main issue with it is

WARNING: "spoilerifictasticazing" spoilers below
Ryan Reynolds's in it. So he is dead pool on Fox and some unknown guy here but still under the Marvel brand? Makes no sense.

Next: Alien: Covenant ties in with Batman vs Predator?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
My main issue with it is

WARNING: "spoilerifictasticazing" spoilers below
Ryan Reynolds's in it. So he is dead pool on Fox and some unknown guy here but still under the Marvel brand? Makes no sense.

Next: Alien: Covenant ties in with Batman vs Predator?
WARNING: "Whatever we are talking about" spoilers below
Spiderman is still under Sony, which is separate from Fox, which has X-Men. I would think this is a non-issue. Whatever contract he signs is probably banning him from playing another Superhero. So maybe a random character in a film possibly tied with a superhero film isn't out of the question. I imagine the Marvel brand means nothing to films outside of their MCU.

For the record, I'm on the NO side of the argument.

Suspect's Reviews

WARNING: "Whatever we are talking about" spoilers below
Spiderman is still under Sony, which is separate from Fox, which has X-Men. I would think this is a non-issue. Whatever contract he signs is probably banning him from playing another Superhero. So maybe a random character in a film possibly tied with a superhero film isn't out of the question. I imagine the Marvel brand means nothing to films outside of their MCU.

For the record, I'm on the NO side of the argument.
Could well, be yes.

It's official, guys.
Life has no ties to Venom

Must be doin sumthin right
This was fine but could've been improved with the two A-listers replaced by lesser known actors. The movie had an agreeably b-movie vibe to it so Reynolds and especially Gyllenhaal felt out of place

Quite interested in this and want to go see it this week as well as B&TB. Don't know if I'll get the chance though with this cyclone business here. On the plus side the cinema could be even nearer by then!

I watched it today.

Going into the cinema not expecting anything (other than a space sci fi), it was quite a horror movie for me. I can't have imagined what Alien would feel like on big screen (never saw it on big screen, but will do next month: they give an Alien marathon in the cinema for the premiere of Covenant).

Some characters making stupid choices in the move is unavoidable. It's annoying, but nowhere near the level of stupidity in Prometheus.

I'm generally indifferent to Jake Gyllenhaal but this may be the performance that I like the most from him. His quiet, sorrowful manner speaks volume in the situation.