Social Justice, Political Correctness, and the Left

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
When I've heard it used by whites to other whites, it's basically a replacement for "redneck" though in a joking/playful kind of way.
Ah right. The word here for redneck is 'bogan'. I'm not sure if it's used in a joking way because it's pretty condescending.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Thanks to all the peeps for clearing it up for me.

OK here's an example just for an exercise and to discuss out of interest. Offensive or no? I will keep my opinion to myself for now so others can discuss without feeling like I am trying to lead the discussion. All PoVs genuinely welcome.�� Wht's your initial reaction?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...=facebook-post

Tht's a thumbs up but sometimes it doesnt work

OK bumping my own question because I'm genuinely interested in what mofos thought of that.

For all I know, these polls classify white people not being allowed to say the N-word as an infringement upon the right to free speech for all.
If the government made it illegal for white people to say the N-word then yes it would be an infringement on free speech for all. It is something we shouldn't say, generally speaking, but it is not something that we shouldn't have the right to say.

As for "what those issues are", it's people complaining about political correctness. I thought that was obvious from the fact that I'm the only one here who's not complaining about political correctness.
Oh boy... So, you think the issue is people complaining about political correctness, and you're the only one not complaining about it. Alright, at least now I can see where you're coming from. First of all, I will say that you are actually getting at a larger issue which this is merely a byproduct of, and secondly you are not the only one not complaining about political correctness. Unless you are using "complaining" in lay terms and you actually mean "criticising." Yoda and I are not complaining about political correctness, we are criticising it. The problem with political correctness is that it thinks offending people is the issue, but the issue is truth. Truth is more important than people's feelings, which is not to say that people's feelings are not extremely important. If someone is lying to you it really doesn't make it okay if they're polite about it. If someone is telling you the truth, even if there methods are crass, at least they are being honest and real issues can be addressed, and working towards solutions can happen. This is not just a principle of government, it is a life principle.

Take it up with Yoda. The coercion-versus-uprightness thing was how he tried to interpret it and I was going along with it for the sake of trying to help him understand me. Also, there are more than two genders.
I got that it was a hypothetical "if" clause, but I don't understand why you would respond in that manner. I'd have to go back and review those posts, which I don't really have time to at the moment. Perhaps I'll try to later tonight if I find time. I just thought it was strange to think of coercion and moral uprightness as two opposing sides that you would lean to one or the other. It's kind of hard to keep track of this whole discussion though. It's so all over the place.

There is so much more to talk about, but that's all I have time for right now. I'll try to come back on tonight.

Interesting article. I dont particularly agree with the motion for a number of reasons but I do agree with the author's point on words

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/02/11...oses-a-problem