Missing Obama

Tools    

Whoever wins this **** of an election, you all know were gonna be missing Barack Obama the next 4 years.

Kimmel: Obama Reads Trump's Mean Tweet, Achieves Mic-Drop Moment

When Barack Obama agreed to read a series of mean tweets on Monday’s Jimmy Kimmel Live, he probably didn’t expect one of them to be from presidential candidate Donald Trump.

After a series of putdowns equating POTUS to Nickelback, bad hair conditioner and the Sharknado franchise, the president read aloud a recent quip from Trump declaring that “President Obama will go down as perhaps the worst president in the history of the United States!”

Firing back, Obama remarked that “at least I will go down as a president” before dropping the mic (AKA phone).

Later, during a sit-down with Kimmel, Obama expressed concern about Trump’s behavior, where he articulated that “there is a certain responsibility and expectation in terms of how you behave and how you present yourself” as a presidential candidate.

“Look, we joke about Donald Trump, but I do think… there’s something qualitatively different about the way [he] has operated in the political sphere,” Obama said. “[W]hat we haven’t seen before, I think, is somebody questioning the integrity of elections and the will of the people… a politics based on putting down, in very explicit terms, Muslim Americans who are patriots, or describing women not in terms of their intellect and their character, but on a 1-10 score.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/kim...2JQ?li=BBnb7Kz

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

US Presidency makes your hair grey!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

8 years makes anyone look older.
True, but the job does age you. I shudder to think what Hillary would look like in 8 years as President, I dont think she'll get re-elected though.

I too think he will be missed,hopefully she does a decent job though- the one thing i didnt like about the obamas was that at times they acted a bit more like celebrities than the president and first lady.
and of course him winning the nobel prize.

US Presidency makes your hair grey!
Goodbye mister part teflon. Presidents are gonna get some deep hatred now!!!!!!!

He;ll be missed in the same sense that Hillary will be missed in 2020 or 2024, Overall he was a pretty terrible President both subjectively if you agree with him since other than his Supreme Court Noms he really didn't make any progress; and objectively with his failure to keep the house/senate. Him being the first non-white male president means something, i guess.

Well, he was a classy leader in an imperfect system, and did his best. His time in office wasnt wasted, and no President comes out unscathed. I like him. You think Hillary or The Donald can talk plainly to people, as if theyre one of them? I dont. Its because they arent.

Some clips as hes campaigning for Hillary.

His talking should have no bearing on him as a President. Conmen can also "talk to the people like they're one of them".

Neither should the fact he is classy. I admit he is very likeable but that doesn't mean he was a good president.

Obama strikes back at GOP senator who put him in campaign ad

HARRISBURG, Pa. — President Barack Obama struck back at Republican U.S. Sen. Pat Toomey on Saturday for using footage of the Democrat praising Toomey's courage in a TV campaign ad in his life-or-death re-election bid in Pennsylvania.

In a statement to The Associated Press, Obama said Toomey needed to do more to show courage than taking one right vote on legislation to expand background checks all firearms purchases online and at gun shows.

"Courage is telling Pennsylvania voters where you stand on the tough issues, not just the easy ones like background checks," Obama said in the statement. "Pat Toomey won't tell Pennsylvania voters where he stands on Donald Trump, trying instead to have it both ways by telling different people what he thinks they want to hear. That's not courage. Voting to shut down the government and against bills to close the terrorist gun loophole isn't courage. And playing politics with the Supreme Court isn't courage."

Obama has endorsed Toomey's opponent, Democrat Katie McGinty, who served in Bill Clinton's White House and was recruited by national Democrats to run against Toomey.

Toomey, who compiled one of Congress' most conservative voting records, is among the Senate's most vulnerable incumbents in a state where Democrats have a 4 to 3 registration advantage over Republicans. The race could help tip control of the Senate to Democrats.

Toomey has been a tough critic of Obama, and opposed practically all of Obama's major policy initiatives, from health care to immigration. He routinely delivers a stump speech that labels Obama's economic and foreign policies as complete failures.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...-ad/ar-AAjWFSi

His talking should have no bearing on him as a President. Conmen can also "talk to the people like they're one of them".

Neither should the fact he is classy. I admit he is very likeable but that doesn't mean he was a good president.
If communication skills arent an indicator, and they are, then you could say Reagan wasnt a good President. Theres no such thing as a President thats had a perfect tenure, but hes been accountable, he hasnt embarrased us. Yes, I do believe he was a good President regardless of the House/Senate positionings and the supreme court appointees. Seems odd hearing someone from Scotland talking this way. Do you really think those 2 things are what makes a good President?

Poor Obama thread.

I posted this link in the Trump thread but its applicable here too.....not that anybodys reading this right now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0aac62485438c

Really enjoyed his speech the morning after the election. Classy stuff.

It's pretty clear that everyone leaves this job humbled, which is why ex-Presidents generally get along so well. They all know what it's like.

I hope and pray the same will happen with Trump.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Really enjoyed his speech the morning after the election. Classy stuff.

It's pretty clear that everyone leaves this job humbled, which is why ex-Presidents generally get along so well. They all know what it's like.

I hope and pray the same will happen with Trump.
I think it's also because it becomes an "inside" thing.. Only 45 men have been President, so there's a relation, and maybe a little bit of respect. Once you are inside, you can't unlearn that experience.

A system of cells interlinked
I've never been an Obama supporter, but I enjoyed his speech, which I thought he handled really well.

I didn't vote for Obama in either election (I voted third party), but he actually pleasantly surprised me with the way he handled certain things and I think this country made a lot of progress under his term as president. Unfortunately Trump's determined to reverse all of it and I can only hope he doesn't succeed.

I think Obama endured an unprecedented level of hatred and opposition, and he handled it well, and in the end our country is better than it was when he took office. Obviously, he took over as the economy was crashing, but he reigned in the recession. We've had growth, slow as it's been. There were no major foreign terrorist attacks in our country (and no, attacks from immigrants who've been in the country for over ten years don't count). We can nitpick what he could've/should've done, and there are real criticisms a reasonable person can level at him--as there are with every president. The funny part is he was rarely criticized for the legitimate reasons, because there were those who were so hung up on their fantasy criticisms.

It's also funny how eight years ago I was hearing how Obama was going to do all these things to destroy our country, whether it was take away all our guns or destroy our constitution or crash our economy or whatever, and yet none of those things happened. We're every bit as recognizable as America now as we were then.

Yes, I will miss him. Yes, I wish he'd done some things differently, but I will definitely miss having a sane person as my president. And for eight years I've been listening to the outrageous hatred toward this man, and yet I'm supposed to turn around and respect Trump...? I don't think so. And no, I'm not hoping Trump fails. It's pretty certain he will, but I'm hoping his failure is just that he's exposed as the fraud he is, because I'm pretty certain the actual job of leading the country will be done by those around him. That's how he operates. Let's hope it works, let's hope he surrounds himself with people more reasonable than himself and Rudy Giuliani.

In the Beginning...
I think Obama endured an unprecedented level of hatred and opposition, and he handled it well, and in the end our country is better than it was when he took office. Obviously, he took over as the economy was crashing, but he reigned in the recession. We've had growth, slow as it's been. There were no major foreign terrorist attacks in our country (and no, attacks from immigrants who've been in the country for over ten years don't count). We can nitpick what he could've/should've done, and there are real criticisms a reasonable person can level at him--as there are with every president. The funny part is he was rarely criticized for the legitimate reasons, because there were those who were so hung up on their fantasy criticisms.

It's also funny how eight years ago I was hearing how Obama was going to do all these things to destroy our country, whether it was take away all our guns or destroy our constitution or crash our economy or whatever, and yet none of those things happened. We're every bit as recognizable as America now as we were then.

Yes, I will miss him. Yes, I wish he'd done some things differently, but I will definitely miss having a sane person as my president. And for eight years I've been listening to the outrageous hatred toward this man, and yet I'm supposed to turn around and respect Trump...? I don't think so.
These are precisely my thoughts on the matter. Well said.

I'm not sure a Trump "failure" can really be quantified enough to speculate whether it will or won't happen (although that hasn't stopped Obama's critics from claiming his presidency was a failure long before it was close to being done). Rather, I'm more fearful that the issues and policies that matter to me will be ignored.