Tom Cruise is the biggest Hollywood star of all time.

Tools    

No, Harrison Ford breakthrough was much earlier, Journey to Shiloh in 1968. By the time of Star Wars he was a very famous actor and after it he became a true superstar.
Harrison Ford's breakthrough role was in American Grafitti.

Harrison Ford wasn't very famous at the time of Star Wars.

Star Wars and it's two original sequels grossed more adjusted for inflation than all Tom Cruise movies combined.
Star Wars was a George Lucas movie.Star Wars relied on it's story and special effects back then.

The success of Star Wars had very little to do with Harrison Ford.On the other hand,Top Gun owed its success mainly due to Tom Cruise.

Not quite. He was very important in Star Wars.
Han Solo was just a supporting cast in Star Wars.The entire story revolved around Luke Skywalker.

Harrison Ford:-

Debut:Sometime in the 1960's

American Grafitti:It was a minor role

Star Wars:Supporting character in a very famous movie.

Superstar Status:Indiana Jones

Tom Cruise is more successful than Harrison Ford.Harrison Ford's BO success appears bigger because of Star Wars.

I am the Watcher in the Night
I think Tom Cruise often gets a lot of stick these days and he may be a bit of an odd ball but it's just one of the many reasons I like him. The man is a true Hollywood mega star, a legend of cinema but he comes out to every premier, earlier than any of his co-stars to simply signs autographs and to spend as much time as possible with the people paying for his stardom.

I've seen him at a number of premiers and the guy is just terrific. I think I even have a pic with him on my old phone, I'll have to find it.

Add to his personality a true talent for the craft (4th of July, Magnolia, The Last Samurai, Minority Report etc) and the ability to produce massive blockbusters, Cruise may be the most complete movie star of the last 3 decades.

Tom Cruise is amazing.

Every single Tom Cruise movie since Top Gun has made it's budget back except Rock of Ages(Cruise wasn't a lead actor in that movie)No star comes even close to that kind of record.

All jokes aside about Tom Cruise, even though he is a crazy scientologist, I still enjoy his movies.

yes tom cruise is one of my favorites, Mission Impossible was the sh*t!

Tom cruise is a good actor in my opinion. I really liked him in The War of the Worlds.

Really good actor, though Di Caprio is shining more than him right now. However, I think there are better actors/actresses than Cruise: De Niro, Al Pacino, Eastwood, Hardy, Hanks, Depp, etc..

There are a lot of people are who flakes in real life butt are very good actors. Tom Cruise is one them.

but now you have my attention
His movies get me hard and I'm straight. So I'd call myself a Tom cruise fan and agree that he's the biggest

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Not really a big fan myself. I like some of his movies, but not because of him.

Not really a big fan myself. I like some of his movies, but not because of him.
completely agree with you i find him a little bit boring ...

He's a very talented boy - I've enjoyed his performance in nearly every film (from older films like Top Gun to the newer ones like Last Samurai) - I think he gets unjustly assumed to be an overrated actor just because he's so ubiquitous (some people just immediately assume that anyone or anything "mainstream" must be overrated or overpaid).

And no I don't care if he's a Scientologist because no one watches films because of a lead actor's religious beliefs anyway

Yeah he is the biggest star, as well as sexiest man of all time and a well actor who you can also say Trendsetter.
In Short, He's the Fashion Guru.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I hought he was on the slide, then I saw Edge of Tomorrow (aka like 10 others names) and my faith was totally redeemed. He's like 53 or something so not sure how long he can keep up the action thing though.

I think he has got his fame through Mission Impossible series. But I liked his movie Top Gun..He is a tall actor and has some of the best looks. Infact at this age he gets in the Top 10 list of most sexy men on earth.