Your Movie

Tools    

What movie(s) do you personally relate to the most? For what reason?

"500 days of summer"

i think we all have had our hearts broken by a Summer Finn

"500 days of summer"

Oh my God, (500) Days of Summer's a great choice. I want my life to BE that movie, all the heartache would be worth 500 days of Zooey Deschanel. And it's not just because we all know a Summer Finn, I just liked the film's sunny disposition and preciously unique sensibility. When I left the theater after seeing that, I was like Joseph Gordon-Levitt after they first made love-I was singing and dancing... and there was an animated bluebird too.

Also-don't judge me-"Taxi Driver". I'm not a serial killer or mass murderer, but there's just something about God's Lonely Man that I can relate to or at least sympathize with-the way he's misunderstood, his struggle to express himself appropriately, his longing for a place in society, his inability to communicate on a relational level...

But yeah, still 500 Days of Summer

"500 days of summer"

same here.

I kind of relate to the character Igby from Igby Goes Down a lot.
Also, Garden State.

I saw Lymelife couple of months ago.. reminded me a lot of my childhood.

Hmm.. a hard one. The movie that touched me the most is "The Sum Of Us"

Why? It is a story of unconditional love between a father and a son. It is an Aussie flick, it will make you cry, laugh, cringe, scream and yell at the tv. Even though I have seen it 100 times, even now it still touches me deeply.

A Beautiful Mind

When I was young and in High School I took the IQ Test and came out 150+ of 160, being in the 99% for visual-spacial intelligence. Not surprising though, I suffer from Bipolar I disorder, and have gone into many mental hospitalizations because of it. During manic fazes I'm extremely creative... but ultimately it's lead me to my downfall. I've been in UCLA's care now for about year, and on lithium. I think it fits, a story of being smart on one hand... but also being completely insane on the other spectrum.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

Hmm.. a hard one. The movie that touched me the most is "The Sum Of Us"

Why? It is a story of unconditional love between a father and a son. It is an Aussie flick, it will make you cry, laugh, cringe, scream and yell at the tv. Even though I have seen it 100 times, even now it still touches me deeply.
I love this movie also

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
The Mechanic with Charles Bronson.

What's not to like about living in a beautiful mansion alone; training in martial arts, marksmanship, flying airplanes etc. every day, and have your targets' photos delivered by UPS?

Garden State.

What movie(s) do you personally relate to the most? For what reason?
Good question. Wish I had a good answer, but I don't think I take movies that personal. I like a good story and some films better than others, but I can't think of any that relate that much to my own life. Not like music, where so many songs remind me of different people and various moments, places I've been, and different things I've seen and done.

Up In The Air with George Clooney. A realistic film that can be related to by anyone.

I'd have to say It's A Wonderful Life. The idea of how intertwined we all are in life is fascinating to me, even when life is at its worst, we really are rich because of those who love us. Sentimental...ok, maybe so. I've seen lives changed that way and it is pretty remarkable to experience.