Rec 2

Tools    

I cant wait for this one!!
4. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
5. Spirited Away

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I havent seen the first one yet is it any good then?

First one is awesome, my friends and i are going this Wednesday to see it.

Cant wait to see how a group of heavily armed individuals screw it all up and get killed because they are to stupid to shoot first and ask questions later. i can see myself shouting SHOOT DAMMITT!!! at the screen.

just saw it today, and i really liked it, and the twist was great

WARNING: "Movie plot" spoilers below
the thing about it being demonic instead of just T-virus type thing was really scary and i kept waiting to see Keanu Reeves show up

Alot of my friedns hadnt seen the first one so they were kinda confused, so i would say seeing REC 1 is a must.

ps: i wasnt wrong about shouting at the screen "shoot dammit"

I can't get into these things. I loathed "BWP", disliked "Cloverfield" and hated "Diary of the Dead".

I just can't get passed the fact that people go through all these mindblowing, unnatural, supernatural, death is probable, situations and always ensure they record it all and record it all carefully enough to show at a cinema!

A flesh eating zombie or gigantic monster pops up around me...the ****ing Sony is the last thing on my mind and the first thing dropped as i get the hell out of there.

Only one film ever remotely made this idea work. And that was the one all these copy..."Cannibal Holocaust".
And that worked because the makers had already ensured that the person filming this horror they are experiencing is a deranged egotist, brutal manipulator and murderer.
The kind of man who literally would die on the film he himself is shooting to ensure his legacy and gain immortality....

He is NOT some dude at a birthday party, or a film studies student! All of whom would piss their pants, drop the stupid camera and leg it.

I partly agree with what you're saying. Below is an extract from my review of Cloverfield.

'Hud's desire to film the events lacked any credibility for me; in reality that camera would have been dropped as dead weight. If they'd have been journalists fair enough, but they weren't, they were scared as hell running for their lives. People in that situation don't make home movies.'

I think [REC] is more credible because the protagonists are journalists, and Manuela Velasco is very convincing in the lead (though I can't speak for [REC]2). I usually find second rate acting is the achilles heel when it comes to hand held ultra realism flicks; it completely undermines everything.

well i can set your mind at ease,

Rec: They are Journalist, and the reporter girl is looking for a big story.

Rec2: the cameras are attached to the helmets of the SWAT guys so hands free, plus one of their main goals is to investigate and document whats going on.

Hmm...Still don't really buy it.
What Journo would carry on filming while all around (including a good chance they will be next) people are being ripped apart and eaten by what we basically class as supernatural beings that are not actually meant to exist.

Undead corpses are rampaging around ripping people apart a few feet from you? Journo or not...you're out of there are **** the Pulitzer.

Wars, floods, earthquakes are not unexpected or shocking in that way. People would not react to something that they know to exist and that has happened many times before as they would to these situations.
And normally Journalists are not the target of wars say. So although there are risks they know that soldier A is not actuallu looking to kill them, only to kill soldier B.
Wheras against zombies and monsters they are as much a target as anyone...They won't be ignored or given a free ride and immunity.
So again it's different.

Nope...can't buy it I'm afraid friends. You'd drop the camera and flee from the thing that should not exist that IS trying to kill you.

Although to me the idea behind "REC 2" does solve this. As the headcam idea is a great one and avoids all of these issues.

Well in Rec1 the reason they are filming is that the police are basically not letting them out and are killing anyone who tries, so they are filming so they will have evidence to show how their human right were abused, and how they were being treated, plus i can remember more than a few time when the camera was dropped. Also at that point they dont know they are dealing with supernatural, all they have know is that its a severe case of rabies, and towards the end they are using the cameras Night vision mode to see.

I cant help to believe that a persons voyeuristic side will kick inn in a situation and they would continue filming.

And if that still doesnt manage to convince you, i hope youll set you reservations a side for these to movies (REC & REC2) they are really good, unbelievable filming aside.

Yup, what cloer said.

Plus it's a monster movie. They're infected/zombies which is kinda' stretching credibility to begin with

I must say I love the head camera idea they're using for part 2. Reminds of the good old days of Aliens.

oh crap, this movie looks scary as hell.

Welcome to the human race...
Seriously hoping this one makes it to cinemas here (first one didn't, which is a damn shame).

Personally, I can "buy" the idea of someone choosing to film the whole ordeal for any reason that's halfway plausible. Sure, you say that if that were you then you would drop the camera in an instant, but that's you, and you aren't the character. Hell, for all I know the cameraman character in each of these movies asks himself why someone wouldn't want to film something like the events in such a movie. I think Diary of the Dead even addressed the ridiculous nature of such an idea, with the cameraman insisting on documenting the entire thing on camera to the point where it pissed every other character off.

So while I admit that yes, choosing to film danger unfolding around you is a rather stupid decision, that doesn't necessarily make it an implausible one. These characters finds their reasons, however ridiculous, to film and that's part of what develops their characters. For that reason, I can tolerate the whole hand-held camera technique.

A system of cells interlinked
I can't get into these things. I loathed "BWP", disliked "Cloverfield" and hated "Diary of the Dead".

I just can't get passed the fact that people go through all these mindblowing, unnatural, supernatural, death is probable, situations and always ensure they record it all and record it all carefully enough to show at a cinema!

A flesh eating zombie or gigantic monster pops up around me...the ****ing Sony is the last thing on my mind and the first thing dropped as i get the hell out of there.

Only one film ever remotely made this idea work. And that was the one all these copy..."Cannibal Holocaust".
And that worked because the makers had already ensured that the person filming this horror they are experiencing is a deranged egotist, brutal manipulator and murderer.
The kind of man who literally would die on the film he himself is shooting to ensure his legacy and gain immortality....

He is NOT some dude at a birthday party, or a film studies student! All of whom would piss their pants, drop the stupid camera and leg it.
But in the case of [REC], this doesn't hold any water, really. They DID try to leave, numerous times, but the folks that actually tried to step out of the building were shot immediately. Also, the police tried to get them to turn the camera off (and made them turn it off a couple of times), but the reporter got in their face, stating that a cover-up was going on, and it needed to be recorded so that "people could know what really happened."

I think this is perfectly plausible, especially since I know a couple of photographers, and they have quite an odd way about them, as they are used to seeing the world through a view-finder.

In fact, that reminds me. In Blair Witch, they come down on the girl for constantly wanting to record what is going on, yet when one of the guys picks up the camcorder he states that he understands why she keeps the camera on, because it makes what is going on seem less real, and therefore easier to deal with.

Let's face it, there is a factor of suspension of disbelief in every movie, so why single out the cinema verite style as totally unacceptable? I mean, there is no sound in space, so might as well stop watching any sort of science fiction films, because those silly ships keep making noise.

Either embrace the slightly unbelieveable mode of storytelling, forgiving the fact that light-sabres can't possibly ever exist, or that perhaps HUD might have shipped his camera over the bridge right around the time his friend's brother was killed, tucking tail and running until he fell down, or perhaps fictional film might not be to your taste.

{REC} and Cloverfield are fantastic pieces of film making, when viewed for what they are; experimental exercises attempting to push the envelope in regards to how films are made and presented.

[REC]2 is shot part heads up display, part frightened children. In that it gives the cinema verite style credibility. The movie is ****ing phenomenal. I saw it back in September. Highly recommended.

Watch the First 6 Minutes of Rec 2

Today the first six minutes of [REC] 2 have appeared online. Of course it is entirely in Spanish so you are just going to have to enjoy the visual side of the film. Still no word on when this will make its way stateside but we can only hope it will be soon.

&feature=player_embedded

Source: Horror-Movies.ca

REC 2 Theatrical Release Details

The Wagner/Cuban Company's Magnet Releasing, genre arm of Magnolia Pictures announced today that it has acquired US rights to [REC] 2, the anticipated sequel to the terrifying cult favorite, [REC]. Directors Jaume Balagueró and Paco Plaza return for [REC] 2, maintaining the same claustrophobic concept or the original while finding new means of delivering scares to the audience. [REC] told the story of a quarantined apartment building infected with a ferocious virus that spread a terrifying form of demonic possession to the trapped inhabitants. [REC] 2 kicks off shortly after the events of the first film, when a medical officer and a SWAT team armed with video cameras are sent into the sealed off apartment building to try and neutralize the situation.

Magnet plans an early July theatrical release for the film, which will be released through Magnolia/Magnet’s Ultra VOD program, debuting a month prior on VOD platforms nationwide.

"Without a doubt, [REC] 2 is the scariest film of the year,” said Magnolia SVP Tom Quinn. “Nobody does horror as terrifying as directors Jaume Ballaguero and Paco Plaza. It's a great fit for Magnet"
Said directors Balagueró and Plaza, [REC]2 comes courtesy of the audiences who infused life into its predecessor. Their enthusiasm and imagination. In some way they’re the ones who created it. It’s their fault.”

Source: Horror-movies.ca

[REC] 2 Red-Band Trailer and Images

It was recently announced that [REC] 2 will make a theatrical run this July. Now we’ve got a new red-band trailer making the rounds in the U.K. and it’s worth a look. The sequel to [REC] already has support based on the in-trailer reviews. Loyal followers are anxiously awaiting the release this summer.

Some trailers came out in September of last year, but with the upcoming release, the studios are re-cutting and airing some 90-second scare fests. Whether horror is your favorite genre or not, it’s hard to imagine the trailer not getting under people’s skin.

The Spanish sequel follows the events of the original, taking place only 15 minutes later and keeps itself grounded in the prior events. Based on the trailer, it looks like the same scares, but with an extra pair of gloves with which to get messy. Add guns to the mix of violence already present and you’ve got yourself an action-packed thrill ride that may leave people restless for days to come.

Check out the vicious and bloody trailer from IGN here. .

Below are just a few images from [REC] 2 courtesy of Shock Till You Drop. You may check out the full gallery here.

Source: Screenrant