Please help me ID this sci-fi movie

Tools    

Hello again I saw an interesting (non trashy) post apocalyptic flick late on TV years ago. The film had characters in radiation suits walking through desolate industrial landscapes under a yellow/orange sky. There were lots of POV camera shots and very little dialogue, just the sound of them breathing.

Eventually they found an old medical lab with an airlock that enabled them to remove their suits.

All the while they were being observed by people from another dimension, depicted as a fantasy cartoon. There were two cartoon characters, an old man, and a young woman who communicated with the people in the airlock. In the end the characters in our dimension may have ended up going to the cartoon world.

Would like to see the film again as it was quite unique, so any ideas as to what it is would be appreciated.

Incidentally I think it was probably made in the late 80's to early 90's, possibly foreign, though I can't be sure.

A system of cells interlinked
Wow. I have exactly NO clue what this film is, but it sounds intriguing, for sure.

Alas, someone else must identify this film!

I seem to be tipsy at the moment...

I seem to also remember that the woman in the cartoon was very sad about what had happened to our world and wanted to help the people in the medical lab. The older man on the other hand was warning her that humans were dangerous and self destructive.

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
Fantastic Planet maybe? I'm not really sure.

martian leader

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

I would say it was foreign. Possibly Eastern European or Japanese? Do you remember any writing, any signs?

It does sound like what you might expect from an episode of Twilight Zone.

hey guys, sorry to Hijack the thread but can anyone help me spot one from the 80's (remember seeing it as a kid in the 80's on TMN)

Very scary imagery, taking place on a deep space ship with some person who can do acrobatics??@!. There were these chairs as well that people would sit in and they would scan you or something to that effect, at one point the villain fries someone in one of the chairs. The villain/alien is deformed, but humanoid.

I know it's insanely vague. sorry, this stupid movie has been haunting my nightmares for 20 years...never been able to figure out what it is.

I would say it was foreign. Possibly Eastern European or Japanese? Do you remember any writing, any signs?

It does sound like what you might expect from an episode of Twilight Zone.
Yes it was possibly Eastern European or Russian, but not Japanese. It was definitely a film too, I remember looking up and finding it in Leonard Maltin's Movie Guide at the time.

You could try this list to see if one rings a bell:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor..._fiction_films

I have seen this movie before. I thought it was very good, but I cannot even name the film, because I haven't seen it in years either. Wish I could help you, sorry.

But I have seen this movie, and it brings back alot of memories.

Not helping with this comment, except to say... i want to see this movie. It sounds unusual.

You made me very curious about it, and I started searching around. Could it be this?

Red Planet (2000)

Mission to Mars (2000)

Ghosts of Mars (2001) just a really good movie i think

http://www.imdb.com/find?q=Twilight+Zone&s=all

it sounds like one of the 2000 years not the old ones

i used to watch all the time there's strange stuff like that in that series

it was a great watch in my eyes

We judge others by their behavior. We judge ourselves by our intentions.
~ Ian Percy

Doctor Who

Planet of the Dead

ok my hand and head hurt your turn to dogpyle search