The Fantasy Hall of Fame

Tools    

I'm a little late (was watching a movie, what else). As usual, my nom finishes last (I'm actually pissed that even the horrible DragonHeart fared better ). This far my vote's almost the opposite of the results.

Films this far on my ballot:

#2 Excalibur
#3 Tideland
#4 Dragonslayer
#5 The Dark Crystal
#10 DragonHeart

OK, I was the person who put The Dark Crystal last. A very interesting nom, but I had no nostalgia connection and didn't care for it, sorry
No worries! I knew the film wasn't going to be for everyone when I nominated it. I'm not even sure what I'd make of it now if I hadn't seen it first when I was younger.

I'm a little late (was watching a movie, what else). As usual, my nom finishes last (I'm actually pissed that even the horrible DragonHeart fared better ). This far my vote's almost the opposite of the results.

Films this far on ballot:

#2 Excalibur
#3 Tideland
#4 Dragonslayer
#5 The Dark Crystal
#10 DragonHeart
At least I liked it, surprise!

Any top 5 predictions before I continue on?
I'll try...

1 LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring
2 E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
3 Kwaidan
4 Kiki's Delivery Service
5 Beauty and the Beast

I'm only really sure about #1 & #2 then again I'm not even that sure about those....I'm rooting for E.T. to win

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Fellowship for the win.

I think I forgot to mention this in the thread, but just before this HoF started up, I got a Lord of the Rings tattoo. Did that act as good luck for the film, or did I inadvertently curse it?

Fifth Place:

La Belle et la Bête (2014)
Nominated By: MovieGal

Befitting a beautiful romantic fairy tale, every little nuance from the cold wintry town of where Belle's family lives to the grandiose, exquisite castle and grounds of where the Beast dwells. Adding to that, I found the reciting of the story as a bedtime story was just one more enchanting nuance to this adaption.
Its story asks us to look inside ourselves and of others for what is good. The appearance on the outside truly means nothing but its what is in our hearts that makes us who we are. Makes us human, not a beast. It teaches us diversity and what it is to truly means to love everyone for what is inside them.
55 Points

Points Awarded:
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	chart - belle.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	67975  

This one was a little divisive, as you can tell from the graph. It didn't place in the middle of anyone's ballot, it was either high or low. Looking at my ballot now, I had it at #8.

I know I previously said I had the "dragon" films at #7 and #8, but I was going from memory and apparently had them one spot off. I have my voting list open now, so I won't make that mistake again.

Fourth Place:

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
Nominated By: gbgoodies

Trust and love are at core here. Both child and alien trust each other, and both help each other throughout the journey. What must it have been like in 1982 to sit down at the big screen and see something like this happen before your eyes?
I love the bond that E.T forms with Elliott. It feels like they need each other. E.T. needs Elliott to keep him safe until he can find his way home, and Elliott seems to be a loner who hangs out with his siblings, so he needs E.T.'s friendship.
56 Points

Points Awarded:
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	chart - et.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	67976