Follywood - Harry Potter and The Wash

Tools    

Hmmm... I wonder which one of those two releases will make more money... hmmm.

TWTCommish wins this week again. That Monsters Inc. is a certified cash cow.

Monsters Inc. - $46m - TWTCommish
Shallow Hal - $23m - bigvalbowski
The One - $9m - spudracer
Domestic Disturbance - $8m - bigvalbowski
Heist - $8m - TWTCommish
K-PAX - $6m - spudracer
13 Ghosts - $4m - TWTCommish
Riding in Cars with Boys - $2m - bigvalbowski

TWTCommish had $89m, spent $10m and earned $58m leaving him with $137m

spudracer had $57m, spent $0m and earned $15m leaving him with $72m

bigvalbowski had $26m, spent $26m and earned $33m leaving him with $7m

Current Standings

1. TWTCommish - $137m
2. Spudracer - $72m
3. bigvalbowski - $7m

Any new players have a budget of $20m to spend on . . .

Harry Potter - never heard of it.

OR

The Wash - should smash global box office records.

24 hours from now, the auction will close.

Lgihts, Camera... Action!

Let's get the ball rolling...

$7m on Potter.

$1m on The Wash.

challenge him spud. Make him pay $73m.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I'm gonna play the waiting game on this....especially with Potter in the cards.

Where's your summary of the movies val??? You have no idea how helpful that was.

Challenge him Spud, make him pay 73 million
Uh, no. I think not on that val..I'll wait til time's almost up and do it the right way this time.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I thought nobody used them. I'll know better in future.

Harry Potter

MPAA Rating: PG (for some scary moments and mild language)
Running Time: 153 minutes (source: USA Today, 10/22/01)
Distributor: Warner Brothers
Cast: Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Sean Biggerstaff (Oliver Wood), David Bradley (Argus Filch), John Cleese (Nick the Nearly Headless Ghost), Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid), Alfie Enoch (Dean Thomas), Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), Richard Griffiths (Uncle Dursley), Richard Harris (Professor Dumbledore), Ian Hart (Prof. Quirrell), Joshua Herdman (Gregory Goyle), John Hurt (Mr Ollivander), Matt Lewis (Neville Longbottom), Devon Murray (Seamus), Katharine Nicholson (Pansy Parkinson), Chris Rankin (Percy Weasley), Alan Rickman (Snape), Fiona Shaw (Aunt Petunia), Maggie Smith (Prof. Minerva McGonagall), Verne Troyer (Griphook), Zoe Wannamaker (Madame Hooch), Julie Walters (Mrs. Weasley), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), Jamie Waylett (Vincent Crabbe)
Director: Chris Columbus
Screenwriter: Steven Kloves
Based upon: The first book in the popular series of children's books by J.K. Rowling.
Premise: Harry Potter (Radcliffe) has spent the first ten years of his life living under the stairs in the house of his aunt and uncle, who generally dislike him. Then, one day, a giant comes to him with an invitation to study at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry soon discovers that there are two worlds: one is the dreary world of the Muggles where he's grown up, and the other is one of magic and fantasy, and it's the latter in which he's destined to live.

The Wash

MPAA Rating: R (for pervasive language, drug use, some sexuality and violence)
Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Production Company: Lithium Entertainment

Cast: Dr. Dre (Sean), Snoop Dogg (Dee Loc), George Wallace (Mr. Washington), Angell Conwell (Antionette), Tom "Tiny" Lister, Jr., Bruce Bruce, D.J. Pooh (Slim), Arif S. Kinchen, Kent Masters-King, Marcia Wright (Sharon)
Director: D.J. Pooh
Premise: This is the comedy of the wacky high jinks that happen at a busy car wash where an "odd couple" of mismatched roommates (Dre and Dogg) work. (Wallace plays the owner of the car wash; Bruce plays his extremely large nephew who is also the security guard there)

I don't see why not.

No, no one else has $74 million, so I'm "safe." I think that means I'm guaranteed the movie...which likely won't make all that back right away, but it'll make it back and then some in two weeks time. But I'll be somewhat depleted for the weekend after this coming one.

Time's not up yet but nobody can bid for any more movies so let's close up shop.

Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone - TWTCommish - $73m

The Wash - spudracer - $10m

See you next week.