0%
0 votes
Gary Oldman, Mank
0%
0 votes
Steven Yeun, Minari
12 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Welcome to the human race...
I read that he wanted to be able to Zoom in from his home in Wales in case he did win but the producers weren't having it (the idea being that all the nominees who were overseas had to attend the ceremony from specific professional locations like Dublin or London).

Was delighted to see that the great Anthony Hopkins won Best Actor. He certainly deserved it for his profound and memorable role as "Anthony" in The Father-- a portrayal which will likely go into the film history books.

Unfortunately his award alone is not enough to provide the modern day Academy with any credibility. The rest of the major awards were pure PC, divorced from the genuine pursuit of excellence.

I think he should have won for The Remains of the Day...that was a powerhouse performance.

I think he should have won for The Remains of the Day...that was a powerhouse performance.
I agree. There were a few good films that year. But Hanks winning for Philadelphia was in large part because of the subject matter.

Yeah, Hanks kind of had it in the bag, but if The Remains of the Day had been released a different year, Hopkins would have three Oscars instead of two.