The Veg*nism Thread

Tools    

So...a vegan is someone who doesn't like meat, not a person that is against the killing of animals? I don't really get that, yes people can dislike tomatoes or eggs, but isn't meat part of our basic alimentation? Do vegans really dislike meat? I mean, aren't we suppose to like meat by instict? I'm seriously asking tho, it seems I'm just being ironic

Also there were a few cases where parents MADE their children be vegans, like they don't allow them to eat meat, causing a lot of children to go to the hospital because of that, being vegan doesn't seem too natural. That leaded to some laws against that in Germany and France I believe

How is a chicken's short life on a slaughter farm really worse than years and years of school, followed by years and years of work?
The scope and severity of your suffering is less and more often than not optional.

No sane person could ever buy your argument here. You have the freedom to turn off the computer and LEAVE. This is willful ignorance.

It's awfully suspect when you say veganism is a hateful belief system when all it is is the exclusion of certain foods.

There are people who don't like tomatoes. Are they all hateful and nasty towards tomatoes?

Also, the obvious follow-up question: What better way to show you hate somebody than by castrating them, cutting their throats, boiling them alive, and then selling them as food with a mocking cartoon mascot?

What does showing a cow being sliced by a knife help your cause. Most people who eat meat dont kill the animal and rejoyce in there death . Most people eat what they eat too stay alive. Now I know you may be trying too make a point but people who eat meat are not cave men with knives that wait too drink blood. Too be clear I dont eat much beef meat other then maybe hamburger now and then. I eat allot of fish, chicken and pork. Lets also be fair dont eat allot of take out for already know its nasty. Around here a women found a rat deep fried in a long johns dinner. Long Johns is kinda like Captain D s if dont know what Long Johns is.

You have the freedom to turn off the computer and LEAVE.
...... No, I really don't. Wish I could leave here, though.

To be fair, vegans and veggies have a point.
The stuff you get from the supermarket is mass produced cruelly treated, force fed disease ridden bile.

I have killed and eaten my own meat. Mainly rabbits and hares... and when I did kill, it was done as quickly and "humanely" as possible.
Also, nothing was wasted. Stuff I can't eat went to the cats, anything they can't eat was left in the field for the foxes.

But yeah, I get what most veggies and vegans go on about, but I would never damage myself by not eating meat or animal products.
Veganism and vegetarianism is a product of society... and products of society are far worse than what nature intended, ie; eating meat.

Where is the line drawn on fur?
I mean, I have a jacket that has a label in it saying it's made from mole skin

Even things in outer space eat things out there in outer space.

Like, the other day -- I was reading an article -- a star ate another star. Out in outer space. Something like that.

Oh, this might be it -- astronomers watched a supermassive black hole eat a passing star.

Even outer space is a big old cannibalistic bitch. Eating other things is NORMAL. It's NATURAL. Something gets hungry, it grabs what it can. Vegans would eat animals and things if they needed it to survive.

Where do Vegans stand on animal product clothes?

Like, everything we wear is an animal product. Jeans, shirts, boots... it's all from sheep wool and cow skins. Do they wear only Nylon?
Because, you know... Nylon is a chemical based man-made fibre... and is dangerous to the environment.

You are right I just dont like too call out peoples names. Pus Milk just seemed like any angry response.
Do you think I CALLED YOU "Pus Milk"? Or are you actually unaware of that yellow tint in your glass?

So...a vegan is someone who doesn't like meat, not a person that is against the killing of animals?
What are you talking about?

Originally Posted by tatmmw2
Do vegans really dislike meat? I mean, aren't we suppose to like meat by instict? I'm seriously asking tho, it seems I'm just being ironic

Also there were a few cases where parents MADE their children be vegans, like they don't allow them to eat meat, causing a lot of children to go to the hospital because of that,
Those are called stupid parents. Non-vegans are guilty too.

being vegan doesn't seem too natural
I'd like to hear your definition of "natural" because it's not what it says on the box of your microwaveable chicken dinner.

Originally Posted by NedStark09
What does showing a cow being sliced by a knife help your cause.
Hold on, I think there's a problem, yep, you didn't READ what I typed.

To be honest, Ned, I don't think you're articulate enough to hold this conversation at any reasonable length.

Originally Posted by The Rodent
But yeah, I get what most veggies and vegans go on about, but I would never damage myself by not eating meat or animal products.
You damage yourself BY eating meat and other animal products.

Carnists have a far higher risk of cancer than vegans due to the carcinogens they consume and consider why it is that osteoporosis is far lower in countries that consume disproportionately less milk.

Originally Posted by The Rodent
Veganism and vegetarianism is a product of society... and products of society are far worse than what nature intended, ie; eating meat.
Refer to the pictograph above, I need sleep.

Ok I think thats enough with the slander of Vegans or Meat eaters. Because we will need both when aliens come too make us into flertalizer.

I had a burger, chicken burger, chips and sausages for dinner today.

Pretty much a vegan diet as I very much doubt there was any beef, pork or chicken in any of the mass produced factory made crap I was eating.

Before I go.
Where do Vegans stand on animal product clothes?

Like, everything we wear is an animal product. Jeans, shirts, boots... it's all from sheep wool and cow skins. Do they wear only Nylon?
Because, you know... Nylon is a chemical based man-made fibre... and is dangerous to the environment.
Oh no, my precious carbon footprint.

Ever heard of cotton?