The Veg*nism Thread

Tools    

Why even make a veggie burger if your are not craving a real burger anyways. Seems like if i were to swear off bad meat that i would avoid a food with the word burger in it.
First he seemed to totally misunderstand dieting and veg*nism in particular. Now simple cooking cuisine seems to go over his head^^

EXPAND YOUR MIND MAN. So a burger, to you, is just like, the Big Mac or what? The concept of the burger doesn't go further than that in your mind or?

I'm heading to bed. I can feel this sh*t will get heated if I don't leave...... i just can't.

Let's be honest here: cats are usually the masters. You don't train a pet cat, a cat trains you to be its slave.

Full Disclosure: I love cats more than I love my family.
I can't argue with that.

You pat yourself on the back for bringing in a wounded little bird.

Go outside and bring in a homeless man. Give him a bed, give him food, take pictures of him, etc. Put it in that "Brought Somebody Home" thread of yours. That'll be interesting. That'll really be something.
The bolded made me laugh so hard

I'd say that's debatable, depending on where your dairy is coming from. Same goes for eggs.
It's a questionable choice of words which I figured I was too late to avoid having quoted.

I was taking issue with the "bad FOR you" aspect, which implies health even though I'm largely discussing the topic from a moral perspective.

You pat yourself on the back for bringing in a wounded little bird.

Go outside and bring in a homeless man. Give him a bed, give him food, take pictures of him, etc. Put it in that "Brought Somebody Home" thread of yours. That'll be interesting. That'll really be something.
I should bring a tiger home next too, that'll go over well.

Despite niggles, naturally including spaying/neutering, I think we're in agreement. "Pet" just has pejorative connotations to me.

*snort*

It is always a facepalm moment.

Insofar as morality is concerned, no that doesn't make it bad for you.

Insofar as HEALTH is concerned, enjoy your pus milk.
See Im not angry that people eat just veggies but people who are on a vegan belief system have too be all nasty about food. They gotta be all hateful. Have you been up close or milked a cow and lets be clear there is a big differance between real farmers milk and Jug factory made milk.

For the last two Christmases I have gone with family downtown to give stuff to homeless people to help them out. I always get a little nervous beforehand, but no need because it's always a rewarding experience. I've never had a homeless person not be grateful for the clothes or the few bucks we offer. They always have fascinating things to say, too. Granted some are a little too far gone to show gratitude, but they aren't mean, and that's fine with me.

See Im not angry that people eat just veggies but people who are on a vegan belief system have too be all nasty about food. They gotta be all hateful.
It's awfully suspect when you say veganism is a hateful belief system when all it is is the exclusion of certain foods.

There are people who don't like tomatoes. Are they all hateful and nasty towards tomatoes?

Also, the obvious follow-up question: What better way to show you hate somebody than by castrating them, cutting their throats, boiling them alive, and then selling them as food with a mocking cartoon mascot?

First he seemed to totally misunderstand dieting and veg*nism in particular. Now simple cooking cuisine seems to go over his head^^

EXPAND YOUR MIND MAN. So a burger, to you, is just like, the Big Mac or what? The concept of the burger doesn't go further than that in your mind or?

I'm heading to bed. I can feel this sh*t will get heated if I don't leave...... i just can't.
Well most people when hear the word Burger think of a flame broiled beef burger thus its meat. Veggie Burger just doesnt make sense if on some level people while say they are over meat really arent and the veggie burger.

Well Im sorry if i dont get the whole vegan food rules. My niece doesnt eat meat but Im not mean too her about it. Her reason is love for animals.

I may need food education its just some things dont make sense with any diets.

There are people who don't like tomatoes. Are they all hateful and nasty towards tomatoes?
I'm hateful and nasty towards eggs. They can burn in hell as far as i'm concerned.

See Im not angry that people eat just veggies but people who are on a vegan belief system have too be all nasty about food. They gotta be all hateful.
Some vegans are hateful and nasty about their belief system, just like some Christians are hateful and nasty about theirs. But that doesn't make it right to make blanket statements that generalize all of them.

That's the blackhole of charity right there.
Oh yeah, because cats and dogs are BOOMING WITH GRATITUDE when you help them.

I wasn't even posting that to be combative, sheesh.

Oh yeah, because cats and dogs are BOOMING WITH GRATITUDE when you help them.

I wasn't even posting that to be combative, sheesh.
Neither was I, I just find it diminishing when charity is treated less as a gift and more as a given.

And you conclude that conforming to social expectations like going to school is a fair comparison.
Here's Bea Arthur and a video of chickens being killed for Kentucky Fried Chicken:

How is a chicken's short life on a slaughter farm really worse than years and years of school, followed by years and years of work?

At least when they're finished with life, people eat them. People aren't gonna look at my body when I'm dead and think, YUM! I can only hope my carcass finds its way to an appreciative cannibal. After all the dead animals I've ate in my life, I think it's only fair that I become din-din for something else. In fact, I've heard that you can let vultures eat from your dead body after you've died. I wouldn't mind becoming food for vultures like that. Let them snack on me. I don't need the meat.

Some vegans are hateful and nasty about their belief system, just like some Christians are hateful and nasty about theirs. But that doesn't make it right to make blanket statements that generalize all of them.
You are right I just dont like too call out peoples names. Pus Milk just seemed like any angry response. I dont know personally about being a vegetarian on any level but I know people swear off meat in their diet. For one reason or the other.