You know you're a film addict when...

Tools    

Just thought of this and not completely sure if it'll work or not, but figured I'd try it anyway.

The saying is fairly common "You know you're a *blank* when..." but I thought it would be fun to do one for film addicts (also I'm not saying we're all actual "addicts" it's just a funnier saying I think than "film fan" or something like that)

Anyways, the rules are simple, just finish the sentence in the title with something that you actually do or say (or just make something up) that someone who isn't a film addict wouldn't do.

This is just for fun, no real competition. I guess whoever gets the most reps will be the technical "winner" but that's not a huge deal.

I guess I'll start!

You know you're a film addict when after an emotional discussion you tell your therapist he looks like Tim Robbins.

You know you're a film addict when you spend more money on buying movies than essential things like food and clothes

You know you're a film addict when you spend more money on buying movies than essential things like food and clothes
I've also been guilty of that on more than one occasion.

Master of My Domain
- You've spent $40 dollars on a film that other friends call pretentious, and desperately try to defend it and preach its brilliance.

- You get movie withdrawals on trips and long travels. (At least 12 Angry Men is on Youtube.)

- You join a site with a bunch of misfit cinephilles because there are no misfit cinephilles in real life to talk to.

- You're watching a movie as you're posting this. Me me me!

- You can write a full length review of a film, but when it comes to other subjects, you're stuck.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
You know you're a film addict when you bash people for not liking films you love.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Welcome to the human race...
You know you're a film addict when you see a thread about film addiction and want to post a reference to Bob Saget's cameo in Half Baked.

You know you're a film addict when everyone in your environment keeps asking you for film advice.
It's amazes me sometimes how little some people know about cinema. I was talking to one of my bother in law's friends recently, and he asked me: "Sam, what's your favourite film?" I said Blade Runner. He said: "is that the one with Will Smith in?". I asked him what his favourite film was, and he said: "I think the Fast and Furious and Transformers are the best I've seen"...

Master of My Domain
Lol yeah Blade Runner is totally like I, Robot.

Spoiler: Will Smith is a replicant.

You know you're a film addict when you need a golf buggy to peruse your dvd collection.

You know you're a film addict when you inadvertently watch half as many films in a week, that Mark F watches in an afternoon.

When the people closest to you almost always ask what movie your watching tonight and when you answer their response 9 out of 10 times is "Oh".

So far I've learned from this thread that I'm NOT a film addict....But you guys are!
Join the fun Citizen! I'll make one on your behalf:

You know you're a film addict when your 10 favorite films were all made before 1963.

Join the fun Citizen! I'll make one on your behalf:

You know you're a film addict when your 10 favorite films were all made before 1963.
Ha, that made me laugh out loud

I do have one: I know I'm a film addict when I find myself explaining the meaning of precode films to a friend for the upteenth time.