Optimus Reviews

→ in
Tools    

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I've just finished watching Olympus Has Fallen so I'll try post a review some time tomorrow.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I have not seen Showgirls. But I like Paul Verhoeven for the most part...

Good review, though I'm not really dying to see it now.
Thanks mate. It's pretty much sucks so I wouldn't bother.

Errmmm, because it's badass.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""

The Fast And Furious
Directed By: Rob Cohen

After watching Fast And Furious 7 last week I decided to take a long trip back to where these movies all began. I can't believe there is actually 7 movies in this franchise now. It really shows just how popular some of the cast are, and how strong of an audience its gathered over the years. Anyway, Fast And Furious hasn't always been as crazy, and as over the top to the extent it is now. No. There was a time when Vin Diesel weren't smashing people through a wall, and a time where Paul Walker weren't running up trucks that are falling from cliffs. There was a time when both these characters seemed normal, a time before they turned into these action stars, and a time when the franchise was actually about cars.

Movie Trivia: Vin Diesel accidentally broke a stuntman's nose.

Neither Michelle Rodriguez nor Jordana Brewster had driver's licenses or even learner's permits before production of the film.

Paul Walker and Matt Schulze carefully choreographed the fight scene outside the grocery store, but when it came time to shoot, it didn't feel right. In the end they just improvised.

Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale and Eminem were all considered for the part of Brian O'Connor before Paul Walker was cast.
Looking back at the first movie now I think I enjoyed it a lot more. I'd forgotten a lot about this movie and it was nice to see how The Expendables actually met. To be honest, I was also surprised with the performances in this movie too. Now, ime not saying Paul Walker and Vin Diesel deserved an award for there performances or anything. But compared to what these movies have become...the first movie was actually a little more about the characters, and we actually got a little something from them rather than them blowing stuff up. I still think this movie suffers with it's weak story. And it feels a little far fetched that the police would waste all that time, money and resources on a few street races robbing DVD players. ( haha, that's what feels far fetched it a FF movie). I always just got the impression that the story was just thrown in to add a little something to the street racing. But, it's still entertaining and it's still fun so who cares.

Movie Trivia: During the Race Wars, real race cars with their real drivers came to participate in the huge scene.

Film-makers asked owners of houses in backgrounds to re-paint their houses with more muted colors to show off the colorful cars.

Dominic's RX-7 originally had a roll cage. It was removed to accommodate Vin Diesel's physique.

Natalie Portman, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Kirsten Dunst, Bijou Phillips and Jessica Biel auditioned for the role of Mia.
Overall Fast And Furious isn't my favourite movie in the franchise but it's still a good movie. I enjoyed it a lot more this time than I did a couple of years ago. Probably due to the fact that it's where these movies all began. It was nice to see where it all started and where it's at now. And it's been one crazy ride.

Good review, Optimus! I, too, really enjoyed my rewatch of the first film and I found it a lot better than I remembered.

Are you gonna go through all of them now?

But your opinion might have changed by now.

But yeah, the second is not the best. Fourth is great for fans, in some ways, but it is also very clouded and messy.

Surprised you really like Tokyo Drift! Anyways yeah, watch them, review them, and then you don't have to revisit the bad ones anytime soon.

I thought it was a lot of fun to watch them all almost back-to-back like I did a while ago. Makes you look at the series in a whole other way. At least to som extent.

Anyways, I will look forward to reviews of whatever you choose to watch!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I've seen all of the Fast And Furious movies, (except the new movie), but they all seem to blend together for me. I remember some of the driving scenes were very exciting, but I don't remember much about the actual stories.

A system of cells interlinked
Thanks for the review, Op!

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""

2 Fast 2 Furious
Directed By: John Singleton

The first time I seen this movie it sucked. But Movie Meditation wants my opinion on a re-watch and the franchise as a whole and I can now fairly say... This movie still sucks. In my opinion this is by far the weakest entry in the Fast And Furious series. It's the one movie in the whole franchise I like to pretend doesn't exist and it's a movie I'll never be watching any time again. I've got so much hate for this movie that I could spend the next hour writing nothing but negative comments. I honestly can't think of a single thing I actually like about this movie... Well apart from Eva Mendes of course, she's hot. Well in some scenes anyway.

Movie Trivia: The first car you see Paul Walker drive in the movie, is in fact his own racing car in real life. He has a love for street racing. Also he personally handpicked all of the racing cars in the movie.

Universal Studios had two different scripts commissioned. The first script featured Vin Diesel's character while the second script did not in case he decided not to return.

To keep the feel of the movie interesting, Director John Singleton often encouraged the actors to improvise during filming. Many of the humorous moments on screen are ad libbed.
2 Fast 2 Furious done it all wrong on so many levels. Everything that made the first movie cool and stylish is completely gone here. They tryed so hard to top the first movie that they completely over done everything. The bad soundtracks, the over the top street races, and the cheesy lines and quotes are just to much here. O'Connell (Walker) seemed to have a personality transplant. Roman Pearce ( Tyrese Gibson) and Tej Parker ( Ludacris) I hate in this movie. They try to be cool, they try to be funny, and they try to act, and it's completely cringe worthy and laughable, which is strange because I love them in the later films. This movie suffers from trying to be something it's not. It's has a really bad story, a really bad villain, and it truly misses Dom ( Vin Diesel ).

Movie Trivia: To keep the feel of the movie interesting, Director John Singleton often encouraged the actors to improvise during filming. Many of the humorous moments on screen are ad libbed.

When Brian wins the first race, he powerslides toward the crowd. Paul Walker actually performed this stunt himself, among many other in this film and the prequel, as he is a big fan of street race and a good driver.

While this movie was filming on one side of Cape Florida State Park on Key Biscayne, Bad Boys II (2003) was filming scenes on the other side of the park.
Overall a re-watch has only made my hate for this movie worse. I honestly have nothing positive I can say about this film, and I forgot just how bad this film really was. It's full of bad characters, bad dialogue and truly stupid races scenes. I love Paul Walker and I love his character Brian, but this was truly the worst performances of his career and he seemed completely out of character compared to the other movie .

I was not as harsh as you with 2F2F, but then again I didn't hate it just as much as you. I do think that it's probably the entry with most problems in the entire franchise, and despite a generous rating I did bash the film for a whole lot in my diary thread, mainly that it was poorly directed and executed and felt like an overbloated rap music video.

But yeah, I guess it must be a combination of accepting mindless entertainment (even though it's truly hard with this one) and the fact that the film does have some nostagia value to me in some way.

Lastly, I won't ever try to convince you it's good. The fact that I personally can watch it and don't hate myself too much, doesn't change the fact that it's overall a bad film and most of the points people make towards it are mostly true.