Rauldc's Journey through the consoles: Best Video Games

Tools    

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I had Theme Park for 3DO and remembered it as a good time. We need more bathrooms, more bathrooms....

A system of cells interlinked
Awesome thread! Seeing some gems i haven't thought about in a long time.

RE: Other games on Apple

I recall playing other games on the Apple II, but I don;t think they were apple games. Stuff like Zork, Adventure!, and the Infocom stuff...Also Legends of Alkabeth, which I think was a Richard Garriot game.

I didn't own a Xbox until my brother gave me his after he bought a Xbox 360, so I was late to the party with a lot of Xbox games. However, I used to play Halo at my friend's house. The multiplayer wasn't much fun since he regularly kicked my ass, but I really enjoyed playing the campaign together.

It wasn't Theme Park Roller Coaster, but I had some kind of theme park simulation game for my PC that I used to enjoy playing.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
12. Crash Bandicoot 2

This won't be the last we see of Crash Bandicoot, who is the Playstation version of Mario. Not only were the levels fun they always had mini things inside the levels, such as getting a gem if you could crash every box in the level. The bosses themselves weren't super tough but they were not a cakewalk either. Levels that had Crash doing things like riding a polar bear were always my favorite. And Dr. Cortex always made a great villain in my opinion.

The main room,where you chose which level to go into was pretty cool in my opinion. Always great to see Crash give the thumbs up so that you could move onto the next room. Aku Aku (the mask) and Coco Bandicoot where there to aid Crash on his journey as well. Levels varied from Snow levels to chase levels to mechanic levels to mountain levels to wood levels, but my favorite levels were the levels where Crash was able to use a jet pack. Lots and lots of fun for me.

I've never played any of the Crash Bandicoot games, but my sister-in-law and niece both love those games. Neither one typically plays video games, either, so obviously Crash Bandicoot appeals to a wider demographic.

13. Kid Icarus

Again, another game that I truly do not remember conquering as it was really tough for my younger self, but I remember that this one was a lot of fun. It's games like this that I would really like to return to to see if the older me would have any chance of winning in a game like this. I don't have a lot to say about it as it has been such a long time that I have played it, but I definitely couldn't leave this off my list. My inner self is telling me more and more that I need to fire up the old Nintendo again, as many of my following entries will show you. There's truly some non popular films for the NES that I just absolutely loved, such as Kid Icarus.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Re: Oregon Trail - Never played it but this game is fantastic:

Organ Trail

I played that the other day, Tacitus. Used MoFo's for my company. Swan was bitten by a zombie... Twice. Still made it to the end, though. He's unlucky, but he's a survivor.

Game Boy Donkey Kong is great. I beat that game at some point in the 90s, all 101 levels. Although the first few levels are taken from the arcade for the most part the game is closer to Wrecking Crew (an under-rated gem for the NES) than classic DK. Also love Wave Race 64. Kid Icarus I just don't see the appeal though.

14. Mario Tennis

As a whole, tennis is a pretty boring sport. But this game is fun because of the characters involved, and I believe it was the video game introduction to one of my favorite Mario characters, Waluigi. It's a certainty that we will see more Mario on this list.