The Vikings

Tools    

I love this show,only one fan and he was banned.
Anyone else watch?

Yes, I agree,but it is entertaining.
Even most 'true stories' are over done for that same reason.
Knowing that and not expecting history class,its a good show.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Not historically accurate but still fun to watch as a show.

I watch it as well, my favorite TV show! (yes, even more than Game of Thrones)

What do you think of the new season?

I'm actually liking it better than last season so far. Even though there's a lack of the large-scale battles that this show is known for, I'm liking where all the character arcs are going. Beorn's stay in the wilderness and Floki's arrest and escape were really well done I thought. Also Rollo's stay in Paris is very fun to watch unfold.

I think Ragnar is slowly getting his act together again and its about time.

Rollos situation is funny but there is something not right there,his thirst to be more than Ragnar hass blinded him.

I miss Floki's laugh,lol

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I really miss Ragnar. Love Floki. Ivar is the only son that has the same intensity as Ragnar.

Ivar is definitely the most interesting son. I still haven't decided whether or not I like Ubbe. The others could die and I wouldn't really care. Especially Sigurd.

Edit: I originally said Hvitserk, but I think I meant Sigurd. I actually can't keep Sigurd and Hvitserk straight in my mind. The point is that I don't really care for either haha.

I don't like Margrethe either. There are a lot of characters on the show now that I don't care for.

Ragnar, Lagertha, Athelstan, and Floki were my favourites. Only two of them are left, and one is likely to die soon. Whether or not I keep watching the show after that happens will probably depend on Ivar.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Ragnar
Floki
Lagertha
Earl Haraldson
Queen Aslaug
King Ecbert
The Seer
King Aelle
Queen Kwenthrith
Judith
King Harald Finehair
Ivar
Astrid
Princess Gisla

These round out some of my favourites, and yes, many are dead, or will soon be. Athelstan is not on the list.

I thought Athelstan and Ragnar were great together. I thought the theological questioning (on both sides) was really interesting, and that the show has lost a bit of it's magic since then. Given Floki's recent interest in the mosque and self-proclaimed lack of purpose, I think it would be appropriate if Floki wanders down a similar path himself after having condemned Athelstan for leading Ragnar astray. I'm not too interested in the current plot lines, so something like that would definitely add some intrigue for me.

I notice that Bjorn isn't on your list either. What do you think of him? When he as a kid I thought he was insufferable, and since then he's kind of swung back and forth between being alright to being intolerable. I was just starting to kind of like him, but his recent behaviour has changed my mind again haha.

Legend in my own mind
Just started watching this. Just started the second episode. Not sure as yet.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I enjoyed the first season or 2 but had some issues with it. Dropped off in I think season 3 due to being away then never caught up.

Just started watching this. Just started the second episode. Not sure as yet.
It took me a couple of episodes to really get into it. Not much happens at the very start because it's just setting up characters and stories. Give it a few episodes, but if you're not feeling it, then don't force yourself to watch it.

Legend in my own mind
It took me a couple of episodes to really get into it. Not much happens at the very start because it's just setting up characters and stories. Give it a few episodes, but if you're not feeling it, then don't force yourself to watch it.
Struggling as there is just nobody to root for.

I kind be getting behind the group that are raping and murdering innocent people. English people as well

With SoA and The Sopranos etc I felt some affection for Jax and Tony as they had some endearing qualities.

Ragnar is the main guy in this, and 4 episodes in and I keep hoping that he will get his come uppance.