Fringe

Tools    

Beware The Probe!

Another awesome episode and a great season finale.
Even the intro was different.
I really like this alternate universe.

I also loved the subtle differences they gave us in the parallel universe.
Kentucky Grilled Chicken was one.
I guess the Big Crunch is the same in both universes according to Walter.

Also anybody catch the comics on Peter's wall?
They weren't the comics from our universe.

We had a Crisis on Infinite Earths #7 cover with Supergirl holding Superman's body instead of the other way around, A Death of Batman cover similar to the Death of Superman one, a Red Lantern/Red Arrow comic, a Man of Steel Returns instead of Dark Knight Returns, and a JLA cover with Jonah Hex instead of Guy Gardner.

DC Comics confused the hell out of it's fans earlier this week when they released the Red Lantern/Red Arrow image on their site.
They released the other alternate universe covers today.

Also they gave us another glimpse at entertainment in the other universe when, during the shootout near the end, the movie theatre in the background appeared to be playing Superman vs Batman, Indianna Jones and the Men of the ?? (couldn't make it out).

There was also a Smokey and the Bandit: The Final Lap movie and a Mask vs Joker flick.

Unless you're pausing and zooming, most people wouldn't even notice some of this stuff, it showed it so fast.
Still really cool that they took the time to do it though.

I saw the twist with Olivia coming a mile away.
I wonder how long it will be until Peter and Walter figure it out.
Really looking forward to next season.

Movie Forums Insomniac
This thread seriously needs to be bumped. Unfortunately not many Fringe fans are on this site, but for those who are this might interest you.

Fringe to Continue as Comic Book "If" Canceled by Fox

"Fringe" executive producer Jeff Pinker recently spoke at this year's WonderCon about making a comic book for the sci-fi series, if Fox doesn't bring the show back. The show would be following in the footsteps of "Smallville", which became a comic book series after ending its 10-season run.

Here is how producer Jeff Pinker described the comic, if it comes to fruition:

"It would be really elaborate and we would go to town on it and make sure that everything you needed to understand about the show would be in that and pay off that way. That's our back up plan."

The producer also said that if they don't get picked up for another season, they will probably publish one special edition comic.

"Fringe" returns Friday, March 23 at 9 PM ET on Fox with 'Episode 4.15: A Short Story about Love', the first original episode in a month.

"Fringe" episode 4.15, "A Short Story About Love" airs on Fox March 23rd, 2012. The episode stars Joshua Jackson, Lance Reddick, Anna Torv, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole, Seth Gabel, John Noble and is directed by J.H. Wyman.
Source: Movieweb

I heard lots of enthusiasm for this show early on, then sort of just forgot about it. I'd still like to check it out. Just hope it doesn't pull a Lost on me.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
It has gotten a bit more complicated then the first season but I don't think it has lost any of the stuff that made it good, just a bit more complicated. I don't see this show pulling a Lost.

Movie Forums Insomniac
It has gotten a bit more complicated then the first season but I don't think it has lost any of the stuff that made it good, just a bit more complicated. I don't see this show pulling a Lost.

I agree. Unless Peter, Olivia and Walter somehow land on an island somehow and we find out they're all really dead.

Comic? They can **** off with that. Whilst I still don't want it to be cancelled, it does seem to be veering towards going off the rails. I think we're up to episode 14 over here and I'm yet to be convinced by this season.

I have seen the first season of this film
It is fasinating
I love Fringe especially Dr Bishop

^Yes, it becomes even more so, off the rails, though the rails are attached by those thingies, what are they called, those 'Lost' thingamaboodles, though it is still more connected in the since that it isn't having to create a mystic metaphysical aura for ratings sake, only compeling thingies for sci-fi junkies. No better than TorchWood, not all that much worse though. oh boy if that show is very popular I'll get it. If it isn't I'll also get it; Takes a lickin.' I'm tired of being a habitual thiller novels and tv shows person.

I'm not reading this thread, because I just started watching Fringe. I'm halfway through season 1. I'm sure I'll have plenty to say. I'll just have to say it in here very carefully, and not read much of what's come before for the time being.

Semper Fooey
I quit a long time ago because it was getting too goofy, especailly for a show that originally was promoting itself as a more realistic version of the X Files.

Too many of these fantastic shows with continuing storylines, and that includes Alias, seem like the writers are making it up as they go along instead of having worked out the plot in advance, and some of them have admitted that is the case.

I'm about 5 or 6 episodes into the final season and the only reason I'm watching atm is because I've watched the previous 4 seasons. It always had the potential to leave the rails and, for me, after just staying on the right side for a season/season and a half, it's gone over. It's been a good ride, though.

An Aussie sweetheart

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
This is on Netflix for us now and I'm watching it too, just a few eps in. I dig it.

Suspect's Reviews

As some you've mentioned you aren't that far in the series, I will say things are summing up nicely, tying loose ends. Mid way through the series starts going off rails, and then starts getting back on, sort of a compilacted scheme yet coming together in the last couple seasons, sort like the way it is coming together, and it is coming together, in the final season, not too shabby, not at all, stick with it.

Appreciate the vagueness with which you said that. If anyone else wants to talk openly, that's cool, though I'd appreciate spoiler tags/warnings, otherwise I'll just have to bail on the entire thread for a month or two until I'm caught up.

Anyway, I just finished season 1, so, you know...spoilers for season 1 ahead:

Very cool stuff. I like that they're "going there" already. Might be better to parcel it out a little slower, but the ending packs a nice punch. I did figure the Peter twist about halfway through the finale, and man, it's a really perfect twist. Looking back that'd been planting all sorts of hints about that. Good job laying the groundwork on that, and really nice reveals at the end, with both the gravestone and the WTC.

I guess the highest praise I can give this show is that I genuinely have no idea what could happen in the next four seasons. I can sort of guess what might happen next, in season 2; the fallout from Peter discovering his origin (if he does), and the "war" beginning (though we still don't know what kind of war it is, exactly), and maybe not ending until the series does. But beyond that, I have no idea. I feel like they've either put all the pieces out and now have to find ways to move them around in interesting ways for 80 more episodes, or else they just have to keep piling more insane revelations, season after season.

It definitely lacks the incredible energy and sense of wonder that Lost had, but then, I think any show that attempts to weave a sci-fi mythology is bound to fall short of that, simply by virtue of coming after it. I hope it reaches those kinds of heights at least occasionally, but even if it doesn't, it's been a solid, gutsy effort so far. Looking forward to more.

Sans spoilers, what's everyone's favorite season, for those of you who are all caught up? Is there a consensus? On Metacritic the ratings seem to tick up after season 1, with 2-3-4 all about the same.

I thought Season 3 is the strongest so far, but I'm only just about see the fourth, so I may have to change that. It's a good show and I'm glad I didn't give up on it.

Aw man, the opening of season 2 was awesome. When (spoilers)...

...she went flying through the windshield an hour after the car crash, I lost it. That was so cool.