A song for August

Tools    

Ouch, not doing that well with mine. Gonna have to come up with a vengeance in Round 2

Ouch, not doing that well with mine. Gonna have to come up with a vengeance in Round 2
Stings, doesn't it? My advice is to convince yourself that you're the one with taste and everyone else sucks. That's what got me through the tough rounds.

Except for the rounds when I did well of course. In that case everyone else was awesome.

Ok, just heard to the whole lot. There were a couple that were not necessarily my thing in the bunch, but nothing that I didn't like. I think I got a clear favorite, maybe two, though, but since this is open till August 5, I'm gonna give them all another spin to see which ones stick.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Ok, just heard to the whole lot. There were a couple that were not necessarily my thing in the bunch, but nothing that I didn't like. I think I got a clear favorite, maybe two, though, but since this is open till August 5, I'm gonna give them all another spin to see which ones stick.
Agreed with Cap Terror. Screw what everyone else posts. They... are not important. Only YOUR selection matters. And when I type "your" I mean mine. Because I'm the one typing here.

Also, be aware that Chyp lives on a completely different orbit, so his time zone is like.... *counts... carry the three... uh...* like 27.5 hours different. Pretty sure he can see the flag waving on the moon, most days =\

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Also, be aware that Chyp lives on a completely different orbit, so his time zone is like.... *counts... carry the three... uh...* like 27.5 hours different. Pretty sure he can see the flag waving on the moon, most days =\
Of course I can see it ..... who do you think makes it wave

Yeah, I listened to them all twice. For my first run through the lot, I was just trying to acquaint myself with how they sounded. The second time I listened to them was what mattered.

Maybe I'll join for a round or a few to make others feel better about themselves. In other words, I've never managed to get a song into the finals.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
1) Steve Wariner - You Can Dream Of Me
2) We've Only Just Begun - The Carpenters
3) Ennio Morricone - 'La Leggenda Del Pianista Sull Oceano'
4) The Marcus King Band - Goodbye Carolina
5) The Tea Party - Heaven Coming Down
6) Taffy - I Love My Radio
7) A Perfect Day Elise (demo) - PJ Harvey
8) Gentlemans Pistols - Lady Teaser
9) Meat Beat Manifesto - Mindstream
10) DMX - Ruff Ryder's Anthem

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Stings, doesn't it? My advice is to convince yourself that you're the one with taste and everyone else sucks. That's what got me through the tough rounds.

Except for the rounds when I did well of course. In that case everyone else was awesome.
Agreed with Cap Terror. Screw what everyone else posts. They... are not important. Only YOUR selection matters. And when I type "your" I mean mine. Because I'm the one typing here.
Maybe I'll join for a round or a few to make others feel better about themselves. In other words, I've never managed to get a song into the finals.

I've been doing these song tournaments for several years now, and I've gotten used to my songs coming in last on a lot of people's lists. I've learned that my taste in music is very different from most people around here, but if one or two people don't hate my noms each round, I consider that a win.

Plus, I get to hear a lot of music that I never would have heard without these tournaments, so that's a win too.

Still @honeykid and @Thief to vote.... no rush - just over 24 hours left to vote/nominate

Taffy - I Love My Radio - A long forgotten song I just rediscovered a couple of weeks ago. I like it a lot, but I do acknowledge that the chorus does a lot of the lifting here.

Gentlemans Pistols - Lady Teaser - Has this (or something by this band) been nominated before? It feels familiar, but that could just be something about the sound of the band? Anyway, I liked this a lot.

A Perfect Day Elise (demo) - PJ Harvey - I like most of the PJ Harvey I've ever heard, but I never get into her enough to really know her stuff. It's been that way since the 90's when I first heard Mansize and 50ft Queenie (which are both brilliant btw) and I always like a dirty guitar sound.

We've Only Just Begun - The Carpenters - I think I like The Carpenters more than I do, but I do love most of the hits, and there are plenty of those, including this one.

DMX - Ruff Ryder's Anthem - This was OK and if I knew it I'm sure I'd be singing along. But I don't so I wasn't.

Meat Beat Manifesto - Mindstream - This is OK, but I do think that around 3 minutes was enough for me. There's a couple here that I already know and will finish above this, but atm I'm expecting this to finish mid table with me.

Ennio Morricone - 'La Leggenda Del Pianista Sull Oceano' - A lovely piece of music I'm simply not in the right mood for today. On another day this could be top 4.

The Tea Party - Heaven Coming Down - Heaven's not the only thing that's coming down by the sounds of it. I didn't hate it, but it became background music quickly for me.

The Marcus King Band - Goodbye Carolina - Not for me, but I did like the guitar.

Steve Wariner - You Can Dream Of Me - I get the feeling what he calls a dream, I'd call a nightmare.

I've been doing these song tournaments for several years now, and I've gotten used to my songs coming in last on a lot of people's lists. I've learned that my taste in music is very different from most people around here, but if one or two people don't hate my noms each round, I consider that a win.

Plus, I get to hear a lot of music that I never would have heard without these tournaments, so that's a win too.
I was joking with my comment I have no issues with how things turn out, and like you, I appreciate the opportunity to listen/discover new stuff with these things. I'm at a point in my life right now where more often than not, I end up listening to the same things I was listening 20 years ago, instead of exploring new things.

A system of cells interlinked
That was @gbgoodies' way of requesting a dozen metal tracks in a row from yours truly!