A Song For January

Tools    

Am I right in saying I can't vote on round 2 but I can nominate for round 3?
Spot on

Sweet, I'll join in then and nominate Neil Young - Unknown Legend

Neil Young - Unknown Legend
Kewl.
Just the one small thing, it's appreciated if links can be formatted as external ones rather than embedded.
How to do that  

As you can see I've already modified the Neil Young one for you in the quote so no need to change that one (unless you fancy a practise run). I do know this can be problematic if attempted from a mobile so I don't mind formatting for people as and when needed but it does make running these that little bit easier if that is kept to a minimum.

Welcome in and hope you find it enjoyable.

Or maybe we've forced you to listen to so much country in these tournaments that your taste is starting to evolve? In another year you'll be nominating Willie Nelson songs and using words like "hootenanny."
That is another possiblility but I rejected it because there's not enough info to make that the most likely outcome atm.

And I'm not using the word hootenanny. I'm English.

Just the one small thing, it's appreciated if links can be formatted as external ones rather than embedded.
Oh cool, my apologies - I do know how just didn't clock that that's the way you wanted it done.

1. Marshmello & Halsey - Be Kind
2. Don Williams - My Heart To You
3. Jaime Wyatt - Wishing Well
4. The Gutter Twins - The Stations
5. Sky Pig - The Strain
6. Linkin Park - Bleed It Out
7. MIEN - Earth Moon
8. Woodkid - Run Boy Run

A system of cells interlinked
Round 3 NOM

Meg Myers - Running Up That Hill

Round 2

All the songs were new to me in this round, including my own nomination. I decided for this tournament to go with as many recent discoveries as I could.

1. MIEN - Earth Moon
2. Sky Pig - The Strain
3. The Gutter Twins - The Stations
4. Jaime Wyatt - Wishing Well
5. Woodkid - Run Boy Run
6- Don Williams - My Heart To You
7. Linkin Park - Bleed It Out
8. Marshmello & Halsey - Be Kind

Let the night air cool you off
1. Jaime Wyatt - Wishing Well
2. Don Williams - My Heart To You
3. Sky Pig - The Strain
4. MIEN - Earth Moon
5. The Gutter Twins - The Stations
6. Woodkid - Run Boy Run
7. Linkin Park - Bleed It Out
8. Marshmello & Halsey - Be Kind

Don Williams: He had such a great, smooth voice. This is a peaceful listen. Not too many frills, not overly exciting, but reliable and trustworthy, as Don Williams was.

Jaime Wyatt: I still haven't gotten around to her most recent album, I need to rectify that soon. The first time I heard her, it was her cover of Misery and Gin, which I think is one of the top 25 country songs of the last decade. She's great, and the more I listen to Felony Blues, the more I like it. She's a very good songwriter in her own right.

Sky Pig: pretty cool vibe

Marshmello & Halsey: not for me. Is the girl in the video Halsey? she cute

Woodkid: Always makes me wonder where I've been when I see a video has over 80 million views and I have no idea what it is. I'm neither hot nor cold on this track. I appreciate the music video doing something interesting. It almost looks like an NES or SNES left-to-right scroller at times.

The Gutter Twins: There's a lot going on in the production here, to the point where I was paying attention to certain elements of it and forgot to listen the rest of the song. That's not necessarily a bad thing, because I want to listen to it again.

MIEN: I can see myself getting into these guys if the rest of their work is similar to this.

Linkin Park: I don't much care for Linkin Park. This song has good energy. I've heard worse flows from rappers. Still, not for me.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Ok, time's up and sadly no votes from reso but as ever the show moves on....

1st - Rattlesnake Milk - Dave Dudley (97 pts)

Grats to Captain S on getting the first tune through to the Final

Congratulations @Captain Spaulding!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Yikes. Completely forgot I posted a nom! I'll make some time at work tomorrow to cycle through the list for a vote.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
1) Don Williams - My Heart To You
2) Jaime Wyatt - Wishing Well
3) Marshmello & Halsey - Be Kind
4) Woodkid - Run Boy Run
5) MIEN - Earth Moon
6) The Gutter Twins - The Stations
7) Linkin Park - Bleed It Out
8) Sky Pig - The Strain

I'll post my nom for the next round later.