A Song For January

Tools    

Same as was done in previous tournaments of this type.....
  • Join in and drop out as you please
  • No set number of nominations, nominate on the fly
  • Max song duration: 11 minutes
  • No individual matches means no random or host 'fixing' the matches
  • Only one nomination per person per 'round'
  • Only those with songs nominated in any 'round' are eligible to vote; except the 'Final' where all those that have previously nominated a song in the month may vote should they wish

Every couple of days will be a new 'round' where any and all newly nominated songs are up against each other. As soon as voting starts for one 'round' nominations will be accepted for the next 'round'.

Players vote by ranking all the songs in that 'round' from 1 (their favourite) to n (their least favourite). Songs will be awarded points based on their positional ranking in each vote (number of points will depend on the number of songs contesting the 'round' - if 10 songs #1 song would get 10 points, #10 song would get 1 point).

The winning song from each 'round' (or songs in the case of a tie) goes through to the 'Final' at the end of the month.

Songs that made it to previous 'finals' are ineligible -
list here  

Simples but if any relevant questions just ask.

No idea if there will be any desire for one of these this early in 2021 but I expect 'lockdowns' to become fairly prevalent in a few places following a Christmas Covid-19 surge so I thought it might be a welcome distraction and we'll see.

If there is enough interest I propose to start Round 1 at 9am (GMT) on 3rd January so nominations are welcome up to that point.

As per a comment from @pahaK in the previous tournament the time limit per track for this one has been increased slightly from the usual 10 minutes to 11 minutes.

How could I not join when even the rules have been altered for me? Anyways, I won't be abusing the extra minute that much, but I guess I'll have to start with the song that's responsible for this alteration. And like I said, it's only a few seconds over the previous 10 minutes rule.

R1 nomination:
Argentum - Horta Funebra

Max song duration: 11 minutes
Sir, challenge accepted.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm in. I just have to decide what song to nominate. (It takes time to pick a great song that so many people hate. )

24 and a half hours (or thereabouts) left for anyone else wishing to join Round Uno.

12 and a quarter hours (give or take a little) remaining for R1 nominations.....

I won't be able to participate much this month, but I'll drop in and out when mood and time permits.

Round 1 nom:
Rattlesnake Milk - Dave Dudley

Tagging the last tournament's participants who may not have seen this one: @Sedai; @HollowMan; @Derek Vinyard; @cat_sidhe; @ynwtf

Also tagging some other new members whom I've noticed discussing music in other threads, in case they want to dip their toes: @crumbsroom; @Jinnistan; @Captain Terror; @Wooley; @KeyserCorleone

Also tagging some other new members whom I've noticed discussing music in other threads, in case they want to dip their toes: @crumbsroom; @Jinnistan; @Captain Terror; @Wooley; @KeyserCorleone
Thank you. Looks fun but I'm not really big on ranking things, which I'm starting to learn is this forum's favorite pastime.

I'll audit a round or two before I commit to joining.
(ps-- Thumbs up for the Hallogallo guy/girl.)

I'm in! But I haven't gone to bed yet. Having a hellish time trying to get some sleep. So if a nom from me doesn't appear shortly I'll have to join in on round 2.