The Fantasy Hall of Fame

Tools    

....I almost went with Jason and The Argonauts, Clash of the Titans (original), and Krull.
Seen all BUT a long, long time ago, so would've welcomed a long needed rewatch.

Also, there is a fantasy film for the life of me I can’t recall but it involved the heroes fighting a 3 headed hound very obviously based off of Cerberus around some stone building.
Help?
I've seen that one too, but can't remember the name.

Hah, you certainly like the Finnish cinema more than I do. Other than that, many of your past recommendations have good (I haven't necessarily liked them always, but they've been the kind of movies that have a high potential for me).
Finnish cinema and music. I am a Poets of the Fall fan. They would be considered adult contemporary music here. I could see them opening for The Goo Goo Dolls.

But I like most music styles.

I hate my Google on my phone.

The trick is not minding
Yeah, it’s bugging me. I put the question up on the “movie questions” forum. I should get an answer from someone there.

Seen all BUT a long, long time ago, so would've welcomed a long needed rewatch.

Harryhausen films are great!!!

Yeah, it’s bugging me. I put the question up on the “movie questions” forum. I should get an answer from someone there.
Its a Harryhausen film I'm sure.

Probably a Sinbad film.

You all wanna watch Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger. It has one of the most beautiful woman in it..in my opinion and I don't think many are beautiful.

The trick is not minding
You all wanna watch Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger. It has one of the most beautiful woman in it..in my opinion and I don't think many are beautiful.
I’ve seen it. I think it’s the only Sinbad film I’ve seen. The giant Sabre tooth tiger vs the troll (?) at the end was really well done.

Awesomely fun film! and if you mean Jane Seymour, hell yes!

What a cool scene too...
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	DhJniJuU8AAAgu3.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	65716  

I’ve seen it. I think it’s the only Sinbad film I’ve seen. The giant Sabre tooth tiger vs the troll (?) at the end was really well done.
Awesomely fun film! and if you mean Jane Seymour, hell yes!

What a cool scene too...

Yeah I think Wildsyde19 missed what I meant...lol and he wasnt a troll but a Cyclops.. they are popular in Greek stories and myths.

Yes CR.. Jane..

The trick is not minding
Yeah I think Wildsyde19 missed what I meant...lol and he wasnt a troll but a Cyclops.. they are popular in Greek stories and myths.

Yes CR.. Jane..
I know what you meant.*I just remember the end fight more then Seymour. Been way too long since I’ve seen it.
And I’m also aware of Greek mythology.
I knew it was something, just couldn’t remember what it was. Hence the question mark.

I know what you meant.*I just remember the end fight more then Seymour. Been way too long since I’ve seen it.
And I’m also aware of Greek mythology.
I knew it was something, just couldn’t remember what it was. Hence the question mark.
I have an interest in many cultures mythology... including folklore and fairytales... I have written some of my own (folklore and fairytales)

The trick is not minding
I have an interest in many cultures mythology... including folklore and fairytales... I have written some of my own (folklore and fairytales)
I love old mythology. Read a lot about Greek and Norse. More of the former then the latter however.
Been meaning to expand further.
It’s so cool that you write your own.
Have you eve considered publishing them?

I love old mythology. Read a lot about Greek and Norse. More of the former then the latter however.
Been meaning to expand further.
It’s so cool that you write your own.
Have you eve considered publishing them?
I have two blog sites... my poetry and my other writings...

Yeah .. and Amazon will help you publish... I just dont have the time to do it.

If The Princess Bride isn't eligible, I might join.

Though I'm still not sure cause I don't know what kind of movies would be in this!
Neiba, be adventurous and join in...

Have I ever let you down on a great film?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.

Not all those who wander are lost.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

I’ll go ahead and state what I almost nominated as I don’t think it will give anything away, but I almost went with Jason and The Argonauts, Clash of the Titans (original), and Krull. Decided against them.
Strangely, every one of those were on tv the last time I went home to visit my mom. Naturally I rewatched all of them haha.

Also, there is a fantasy film for the life of me I can’t recall but it involved the heroes fighting a 3 headed hound very obviously based off of Cerberus around some stone building.

Help? 😑
I assume it's not the Cerberus from Clash then, since you mentioned almost nominating it. My next guess would be like, pretty much any Hercules film.

Sure thing.

Group message huh?

Wow kinda shocked.
I think at this point it might be easier to just post them here haha.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Harry Potter is worth watching. It gets better as the series nears its end, as it gets much darker.
The Hobbit Trilogy as not very good.
Really enjoyed the LoTR trilogy as a whole but agree the second one is the weakest of the 3. That really isn’t a slight though.
For the Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit movies, do you have to watch them in order, or can they be watched as standalone movies?

I’ll go ahead and state what I almost nominated as I don’t think it will give anything away, but I almost went with Jason and The Argonauts, Clash of the Titans (original), and Krull. Decided against them.
Strangely, every one of those were on tv the last time I went home to visit my mom. Naturally I rewatched all of them haha.
Clash of the Titans was on TCM a couple of days ago. I DVRed it just in case it shows up in this HoF.

I have an interest in many cultures mythology... including folklore and fairytales...
Same here. I took a folklore class in University because of that interest. You have no idea how disappointed I was that it focused on real local history, and not the type of fables and tales we often see in fantasy films. We didn't even cover anything remotely interesting, like the legend of Sheila NaGeira, just what it was like for our grandparents growing up here.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Not many new comers at the forum know I'm not as Art house savvy aa arthous savvy as Mr Minio but pretty close.
Much to learn you still have, my young padawan.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

For the Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit movies, do you have to watch them in order, or can they be watched as standalone movies?
I have only seen the first 2 Harry Potter films, but I gather that they're similar to LotR and the Hobbit, in that there is a continuous narrative running through all the entries. Unless you've read the source material, I doubt any of those films (outside the first ones in each series) will work on their own.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I have only seen the first 2 Harry Potter films, but I gather that they're similar to LotR and the Hobbit, in that there is a continuous narrative running through all the entries. Unless you've read the source material, I doubt any of those films (outside the first ones in each series) will work on their own.

Hopefully none of the sequels will be nominated in this HoF, or I'll have a bunch of extra movies to watch.