Asian Film Hall of Fame

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
Just for reference, here are the Asian films that are already in our illustrious Hall of Fame:

Sansho The Baliff (1954 Kenji Mizoguchi)
High and Low (Akira Kurosawa 1963)
Raise the Red Lantern (Zhang Yimou, 1992)
Spirited Away (2001 Hayao Miyazaki)
A Separation (2011 Asghar Farhadi)

Not many.

Yes, of course, anyone can join. I hadn't posted the detailed rules as most of us already know them, but for new people I just now posted the rules on the 1st post.

When is the deadline for nominations?
I think I'll do the reveal on this Friday.

I sent in my nomination. It shouldn't cause as much anxiety in people as In a Glass Cage did (I had a bit more triggering option as well, but decided otherwise). Let's hope people like action films

I rewatched the film I was going to nominate last night but...I wasn't super into it this time around. Still really like the direction it takes, and appreciate how it doesn't go down the expected route, but the runtime just felt really long this time. My second choice, which I'm rewatching this evening is actually half an hour longer, so we'll see how that goes haha.

I do have a third film in mind to rewatch in case that goes poorly too. Hopefully I still like at least one of these.

Damn, too much things going on. Barely holding on to the HOF24 and the Personal Rec and now this

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I sent in my nomination. It shouldn't cause as much anxiety in people as In a Glass Cage did (I had a bit more triggering option as well, but decided otherwise). Let's hope people like action films
An Asian Action Film!?!

YOU BAST@RD!!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
After trying and failing to sit through option #2, I might actually go with my first choice now. Hopefully I have time to watch the third one before Friday.
you're over thinking this -

The trick is not minding
OK so far:

Leading the pack is Japan with 6 films.
Then Thailand with 2 films.
And Hong Kong & Taiwan with 1 film each.
Thailand second is a surprise.
No nominations from South Korea is an even bigger one.