Holiday Movie Hall of Fame

Tools    

I haven't even watched it. Die Hard is the most holiday film I can stand.
Actually, they would be backward.. yours and mine

Director Dick Maas did "Sint" and he's one of those strange directors
Rare Exports is a Finnish film.. more my thing.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Good stuff. I expect GBG will join now that the nominees have been shown.
I think 7 would be a nice number if we can muster up one more person!
JJ had seemed interested and hopefully GBG too.
Would be cool still if GBG joined

I've read the list of noms, and I'm in.

There are two movies on the list that were on my shortlist of possible noms, so that made it a little easier to narrow down my choices. I narrowed it down to two possible noms. One is an older classic movie, and the other is a yearly holiday favorite TV special. I decided to nominate the TV special because it seemed to be more in line with the rest of the light family favorites that were already nominated.

I sent a PM to @Citizen Rules with my nom, but should I post it in the thread too, (because the other noms were already posted)?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Here's the movies so far:

The Family Man (2000) CR
Home Alone (1990) Raul
Rise of the Guardians (2012) UsualSuspect
The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) Wyldesyde
A Christmas Carol (1951) Edarsenal
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) Thursday Next

The only movie on the list that I haven't seen is The Family Man, mainly because I don't like Nicolas Cage, but I'll watch it with an open mind. (He has to have at least one good movie in his credits. )

I've never been a fan of Home Alone, but it's been a long time since I've watched it, so maybe it will be better this time.

Rise of the Guardians and The Nightmare Before Christmas were both on my shortlist of possible noms, so I'm glad to see that they were both nominated.

I saw The Muppet Christmas Carol many years ago, but I don't remember much about it, so I'm looking forward to watching it again. Anything with The Muppets is always worth watching.

I've seen many versions of A Christmas Carol over the years, and this is probably one of the best, so I'm looking forward to rewatching it.

This feels like it will be done quickly.

I totally expect people to complain about my choice not being "Holiday Themed" enough.
Rise of the Guardians is definitely "Holiday Themed" enough, but it's just that it's a little bit more about Easter than Christmas.

The trick is not minding
Actually, they would be backward.. yours and mine

Director Dick Maas did "Sint" and he's one of those strange directors
Rare Exports is a Finnish film.. more my thing.
Rate Exports is a film I have been eyeing up lately. I saw it was available on Hulu, where I go often to check out their foreign selections.
I should see it soon

I sent a PM to @Citizen Rules with my nom, but should I post it in the thread too, (because the other noms were already posted)?
I just added your movie nom to the 2nd post and I'll post it here too. So our 7th movie is

The Year Without a Santa Claus (1974)
Gbgoodies

The trick is not minding
I....think I found Scrooge on Amazon to rent but I’m not sure if it’s the right one....it says 1951, 88 minute long which both seems right but cast and crew don’t seem to line up. Amazon has Seymour Hicks, Donald Cathrop, and Mary Glynn for example and none of their names appear in cast credits for Wiki.
I’m so confused.

I....think I found Scrooge on Amazon to rent but I’m not sure if it’s the right one....it says 1951, 88 minute long which both seems right but cast and crew don’t seem to line up. Amazon has Seymour Hicks, Donald Cathrop, and Mary Glynn for example and none of their names appear in cast credits for Wiki.
I’m so confused.
The Amazon one would be the wrong one. It should have Alastair Sim as Ebenezer Scrooge.

The one you found is Scrooge (1935), Amazon must have it marked wrong. I think I've seen it as a couple of years ago at Christmas time I made it a point to watch all the versions of A Christmas Carol that I could find.

The trick is not minding
The Amazon one would be the wrong one. It should have Alastair Sim as Ebenezer Scrooge.

The one you found is Scrooge (1935), Amazon must have it marked wrong. I think I've seen it as a couple of years ago at Christmas time I made it a point to watch all the versions of A Christmas Carol that I could find.
Yep. Found one from 1941 that does have Alsitair Sim. So marked wrong. Thanks!

I'll probably start fairly soon. Most of these are short in duration so it should be a fast watch for me.

If anyone needs help with finding a link, just give a shoutout and I'll do my best!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I’m so confused.
There's a good one on youtube:

for free

I just added your movie nom to the 2nd post and I'll post it here too. So our 7th movie is

The Year Without a Santa Claus (1974)
Gbgoodies

LOVE this one!
The "I'm Mr Cold Miser" would be stuck in head in high school and I'd crush up a packet of crackers to fine dust and toss at people from the top of the stairs as I sang it.
And then RUN!

The only movie on the list that I haven't seen is The Family Man, mainly because I don't like Nicolas Cage, but I'll watch it with an open mind. (He has to have at least one good movie in his credits. )

I've never been a fan of Home Alone, but it's been a long time since I've watched it, so maybe it will be better this time.
I'm that way with Cage at times but I did like him in Family Man and I'm the same with Home Alone but it has been a few decades so we will see.

maybe i should join,, I know a film that takes place during Christmas... and Wiki list it as a Christmas romance comedy.

So I guess I haven't done the comment thing yet. So here it goes

The Family Man (2000)...my choice and I choose it because I liked the idea of what if? What if something had went different in your life, how different would things be today. I think of stuff like that all the time. Plus Téa Leoni is super cute in this.

Rise of the Guardians (2012)
...I've not seen it but I did see parts of it today as I was looking for the film and I liked what I saw. I'm very interested in this one.

The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)...I might have seen this once, but if so it was so long ago I'm due for another watch. I'm thinking this will be fun.

A Christmas Carol (1951)...I love the Dickens' A Christmas Carol and have watched many versions of this classic tale. The 1951 version with Alastair Sims is one of the best.

The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)...I've not seen this before so this should also be interesting to watch.

Just Friends (2005)...I've not seen this either, but it looks like a fun Holiday film for a cold winters night.

The Year Without a Santa Claus (1974)...I believe my wife has this on VHS, so I'll have to fire up the ole VCR and watch it on tape!

Home Alone (1990)...Seen this many times, it's a darn good one. We have this also on VHS.

So who brought the fudge???

My take on these:

Family Man (2000) - seen it a few times in pieces but not a Nick Cage fan. Its ok but not great.
Rise of the Guardians (2012) - saw it but dont remember much.
The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) - saw it but dont remember much.
A Christmas Carol (1951) - Im sure I have seen pieces of it.
A Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) - saw it and its great up to where Jack becomes Santa, then I get bored
Just Friends (2005) - saw it several times. Ryan Reynolds is funny but Anna Faris is funnier.
A Year Without A Santa Claus (1974) - just saying Im a huge Rankin Bass fan.
Home Alone (1990) - saw it several times, its ok.