23rd MoFo Hall of Fame

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Good Lord there has to be something. I can always nominate something for you lol.

I've been completely opposite of that. I have at least 10 films I want to nominate in a Hall someday and just picking between the 10 is tough. I went pretty lighthearted this time and picked something that I normally wouldn't for a general.

Yeah, I don't know what happens to my brain when it comes time to decide on a nomination, since even films I previously liked don't seem to impress me much. It often makes me wonder if I even like movies any more. But then once the HoF starts, I usually enjoy most of the films so I know that's not the case.

I'm probably just too hard on the films I consider nominating, but I'd like to find something I genuinely want to share with you guys.

Is that a subtle hint that I should just nominate one of my favourite films? haha

Which reminds me that one of the films I have on my profile keeps disappearing for some reason (this is the third time), and now I can't remember what I had there. They weren't actually my "top 10 of all time" or anything, since I've never tried to rank my favourites, but rather the first ten films that came to mind that I really liked.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm not sure how you'll feel about mine Cosmic this go around. I have a feeling you won't care for it.

Again, I think Ahwell stands the best chance of living it. Well and Meds if he joins.

I've been watching primarily darker, vaguely depressing films lately, so something lighthearted would probably be a nice change of pace for me, even if I don't ultimately like it haha.

Legend in my own mind
Yeah, I don't know what happens to my brain when it comes time to decide on a nomination, since even films I previously liked don't seem to impress me much. It often makes me wonder if I even like movies any more. But then once the HoF starts, I usually enjoy most of the films so I know that's not the case.

I'm probably just too hard on the films I consider nominating, but I'd like to find something I genuinely want to share with you guys.
I just nominate a film that I like and want to watch again.

My nom doing well doesn't overly bother me as I like it regardless, I am just interested to know what others think.

That and so I know who's opinion on movies I value and who's I don't

Is that a subtle hint that I should just nominate one of my favourite films? haha

Which reminds me that one of the films I have on my profile keeps disappearing for some reason (this is the third time), and now I can't remember what I had there. They weren't actually my "top 10 of all time" or anything, since I've never tried to rank my favourites, but rather the first ten films that came to mind that I really liked.
Of your top 10 I've seen 6 and loved 5, I see some good possible noms there

Strangely I've nominated 4 of my top 10 in my profile. You would think more
I've nominated 6 of my top 10....so far

I just nominate a film that I like and want to watch again.
Yeah, that's what I do. If I don't want to rewatch a movie, then I usually won't nominate it.

I have a text file on my computer of possible HoF noms, it must have a couple hundred movies. My problem is that there's not enough HoFs for all my movies to ever be used.

I picked a film I had seen that I thought was good enough for any major HOF. However, the content of the film I think fits my taste. It was the first thing I thought of and made sure it wasn't in any other HOF. It is completely me, to someone who really knows me. Its a beautiful film but a hard pill to swallow. And the director, it is his first film. It has amazing actors as well.

I picked a film I had seen that I thought was good enough for any major HOF. However, the content of the film I think fits my taste. It was the first thing I thought of and made sure it wasn't in any other HOF. It is completely me, to someone who really knows me. Its a beautiful film but a hard pill to swallow. And the director, it is his first film. It has amazing actors as well.
Glad you could join MG. "a beautiful film but a hard pill to swallow" that's intriguing, now I'm real curious to find out what the movie noms are.

Glad you could join MG. "a beautiful film but a hard pill to swallow" that's intriguing, now I'm real curious to find out what the movie noms are.
My only fear is there may be many films nominated that I won't enjoy. I guess I will have to give them a try or rewatch them and be honest of what I think or if it's changed my mind. .

My only fear is there may be many films nominated that I won't enjoy. I guess I will have to give them a try or rewatch them and be honest of what I think or if it's changed my mind. .
I often hate some of the noms, in fact I've never joined an HoF and not disliked at least 1 movie.

That one had some good noms, I only disliked one of them: The Squid and The Whale. Not saying it's a bad movie, just not to my liking.
Looking at all the HOF Winners - not specialty... there are over 1/2 that I would not be interested in ... but again, we each have a unique taste in cinema.

Looking at all the HOF Winners - not specialty... there are over 1/2 that I would not be interested in ... but again, we each have a unique taste in cinema.
I know what you mean, there's been a few movie winners that I didn't like.

Which of the HOF winners did you like?

I know what you mean, there's been a few movie winners that I didn't like.

Which of the HOF winners did you like?
1st Psycho
3rd The 400 Blows
7th The Shawshank Redemption
13th Dances with Wolves
17th The Innocents
19th Pulp Fiction
21st Jagten (The Hunt - of course, I was the one who recommended it to @neiba)
2nd Inglorious Bastards

Let me add the 10th - Empire Strikes Back.. At first, I thought it was one of Episode 1, 2 or 3, which along with 7, 8 and 9 are terrible.

1st Psycho
3rd The 400 Blows
7th The Shawshank Redemption
13th Dances with Wolves
17th The Innocents
19th Pulp Fiction
21st Jagten (The Hunt - of course, I was the one who recommended it to @neiba)
2nd Inglorious Bastards
Just for fun...of those I've seen all but The 400 Blows. I really liked all the rest, except the two Tarantino films.