Slasher Hall of Fame Part II

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Can I get a confirmation on this, is it happening or not?

Suspect's Reviews

Also keep in mind...

2nd Animation Hall of Fame
Host: Rauldc14
Deadline: September 18th

Pre-1930s Hall of Fame II
Host: Citizen Rules
Deadline: October 1st
True, lots of things going on. At least I'll be okay since I'm not participating in any of those.

Also keep in mind...

2nd Animation Hall of Fame
Host: Rauldc14
Deadline: September 18th

Pre-1930s Hall of Fame II
Host: Citizen Rules
Deadline: October 1st
I'm done with both, so I'm good.

And we're live, I will allow any nominations from anyone for the first week it should be a fun hall and I don't see a dog in the field.

Seen all of them except I Know What You Did Last Summer. Maybe I'll watch it when I'm done with my silents. I just posted a gif from Slaughter High a couple days ago in a different thread. A lot of great noms here.

Let the night air cool you off
thoughts on noms:

Peeping Tom: Probably the front runner for me. This film is a classic and I loved it when I saw it.

Black Christmas: I believe I've seen it a couple times, but neither time did it really live up to its reputation for me. I'm curious to see how I'll react to it now.

Alice Sweet Alice: This was nominated the first time around. It's a great bit of nasty, gritty 70's film-making.

The Prowler: My nomination. It doesn't re-invent the slasher wheel, but it does the slasher film genre justice. That poster is atrocious though, I've never seen that poster before.

Psycho II: There is no way it can be as good as the original, but I've heard good things about it. I'm hoping it will be in the same vein as the Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2.

Slaughter High: I don't think I really know anything about this one.

April Fools Day: I know I've seen this before, but I can't really remember anything about it other than I didn't care for it.

Scream: Speaking of re-inventing the slasher wheel. I suppose this did that, but other than being a shot-in-the-arm for the genre, this film is mostly a good time with a few things that I'm actually not looking forward to revisiting.

I Know What You Did Last Summer: I know I've seen this film, but I don't know if I actually have ever seen it from start to finish in one sitting. It's been a long time though. From what I remember, I don't expect this to be very high on my final ballot.

Inside: I'm aware of this one, but I haven't seen it. I never really thought of it being a potential slasher for some reason. This is probably the one I'm most excited about seeing for the first time.

Terrifier: I know very, very little about this one.

thoughts on noms:

The Prowler: My nomination. It doesn't re-invent the slasher wheel, but it does the slasher film genre justice. That poster is atrocious though, I've never seen that poster before.

I can change it which do you prefer, I picked it for sizing purposes

Let the night air cool you off
No, you don't have to change it. Sorry, I wasn't trying to be unkind to you in anyway. You can leave it, I don't think any of us will let the poster influence our opinion of the movie as a whole. (And others might not find that poster as weird as I do.)

How big of a list will this be?

Also, is there voting?

Won't be joining (no time and little love for slashers) but wanted to say that I'm rooting for Alice, Sweet Alice.
Why do you like 'Alice, Sweet Alice' the best?

Also, is there voting?

Right now we are at 11, if you have one or two films you wish to nominate that would bring us up to 12 or 13. If you want to just review and vote you can do that as well. Hope to have you

Right now we are at 11, if you have one or two films you wish to nominate that would bring us up to 12 or 13. If you want to just review and vote you can do that as well. Hope to have you
I sent you a PM.

Scream for me is the best of the bunch here, an iconic horror film.

But maybe that will go against it, since I don't let the obvious winners getting the top spot.

I didn't get a notification from that tag, so I don't think your mentions are working properly Siddon. I know you can't copy+paste them, so maybe that's the problem?

Anyway, while I like horror films, I'm not a fan of the slasher genre. Every now and then there'll be one I like (that's usually also a comedy), but I typically find them quite boring to watch. So I won't be joining the HoF, but I'll certainly be creeping on the thread as I've already been doing haha.

Why do you like 'Alice, Sweet Alice' the best?
I generally like gialli and Alice, Sweet Alice is quite similar to them despite not being Italian. It looks good, has enough depth, has interesting characters, has very decent script and most importantly it's entertaining.

I guess I should also mention that I haven't seen Peeping Tom or Psycho II since I was a kid so obviously more accurate claim would be that I like Alice, Sweet Alice the best from the ones I've seen as an adult.

Scream for me is the best of the bunch here, an iconic horror film.
I actually rewatched Scream about a week ago. I found it just as bad as I remembered and it required some willpower to finish. It's a parody of horror films trying to convey us that horror films are stupid and only proper way to watch them is to have a beer and laugh at the screen. To me it's the epitome of everything bad in American horror and it irritates me that such a film has become an iconic horror film itself. Just my opinion, that is.

Also, is there voting?

Did you get my message? I sent 2 now.