Eurovision Song Contest 2016

Tools    

Why not Turkey? Geographically speaking half of the country is in Europe. It makes more sense for them to be in it than for Australia or Israel.

As usual, the most out there/craziest acts didn't make it. I expect Thursdays to be a more sedate affair, but I hope not.

Shame to see Moldova, San Marino and B&H not making it through. Especially when the horror which is Netherlands made it. I knew it would. Oh well, at least there'll be three minutes when I can go to the loo on Saturday.

Why not Turkey? Geographically speaking half of the country is in Europe. It makes more sense for them to be in it than for Australia or Israel.
Indeed it does, but they're not European, IMO, so it's a no from me.

Indeed it does, but they're not European, IMO, so it's a no from me.
But what does it mean to be European? If their location is Europe, they're not European? You mean European ethnically? Or culturally?

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
If the UK votes leave will we still be allowed in the Eurovision song contest?
If Israel, Turkey and Australia all are, then we will be praying we don't leave anyway.

And I forgot this started around this time of year! It's such a guilty pleasure, but I love it

Like the Ukraine entry ... better than the favourite (Russia) in my humble opinion ... but who's turn is it to benefit from the 'bloc' voting this year?

Hope the Belgian entry does well. Liked the Aussie entry too.

Caveat: Nothing I actually like ever does well

Wife's pick would be the Norwegian entry

Wife's pick would be the Norwegian entry
I can't even remember it

My favorites this time was Australia and Lithuania.

But sad to see that Denmark, didn't make it to the finale .

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I liked the Belgian one and that was about it. Although I missed the first part. Ireland's was awful, not surprised they're out.

I liked the Belgian one and that was about it. Although I missed the first part. Ireland's was awful, not surprised they're out.
Ireland disapointed me. I was even looking forward to it because I used to be a Westlife fan when I was younger.

What did you think of the Belgian entry, Honeykid?
I loved it. One of only two entries in the entire 2nd semi that I really liked. Bulgaria and Belgium. I said to my g/f, if either of those didn't go through I was voting out in the referendum. Seriously. Those two songs screamed Eurovision. If they didn't make it, what the hell could?

I was disappointed that Denmark didn't make it too, mistique. It was a pretty good song, but the reason I wanted it through so much was because of the dad dancing third man. He was great. He was part of a trio but he just did his own thing. I started singing this.

Luckily for me, my g/f loves me regardless.

I was pleased to see Australia make it, too. Again, the song was OK but that was a proper Eurovision dress.

Lastly, while I'm not a fan of musicals or Broadway showtunes, that opening was fantastic! That should be an entry. I'd vote for it.

I was disappointed that Denmark didn't make it too, mistique. It was a pretty good song, but the reason I wanted it through so much was because of the dad dancing third man. He was great. He was part of a trio but he just did his own thing. I started singing this.
lol, I never noticed that

He was great. Is this group famous in Denmark or just chosen for Eurovision?

Looking forward to tonight. I always spend Eurovision with my sister so, as much as I'd love to do a live commentary during it, I shan't be here.

Hope everyone who's watching enjoys it and we get a good, proper Eurovision winner and not something like Russia, Hungry or, worse case scenario, the Netherlands. Bloody country music. They nearly did it last time they tried that.

I've not heard any of the big five other than the UK and the clips shown during the semi's, but it looks like France might be boring.

He was great. Is this group famous in Denmark or just chosen for Eurovision?
The group is not famous, but they have apperently been together as a group since 2012. I've never heard of the group Lighthouse X before the Eurovision.

But the people in it - well two of them - are famous.

Johannes Nymark is a famous actor, though it's within the last couple of years he has become well known in the danish public, after he appeared on the danish version of Dancing with the Stars. Funily enough he was competing against his boyfriend Silas Holst, who is a profesional dancer. I saw Johannes in the musical Hairspray earlier this year .

Søren Bregendal - is a famous singer/actor. In the early 2000s he was in the boyband C21, which I was fan of . Later on he has been in a tvshow and a couple of movies, though of the ones I've seen, I think he's a pretty horrible actor.

Yay ... so pleased Ukraine and Australia filled the top two positions. Purely from a monetary point of view I wish it had been the other way round but I'm a few euro richer so can't complain
Pleased Belgium got a respectable finishing position too.

The new voting system certainly mixed things up lol ..... showed exactly how the jury and public votes can be extremely disparate at times (*cough* Poland *cough*). Can't say I'm a mad fan of it though as now we know how it works there won't be so much of a buzz surrounding the jury votes in future as the emphasis has shifted to the final one-off awarding of massed points from the public votes. I'd much rather they gave each public vote alongside the jury one each time though I can understand that might not be possible due to timing issues.

Am still wondering just who would have hosted the next one had the Aussies won it though as they stated that it would not be held in Australia no matter what the outcome