MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2023 - Signups

Tools    

Yeah, I we've done Zoom before. I can send out a zoom link from my work Zoom account if necessary. But I don't like to use it for personal stuff if I don't have to. Does anybody have a zoom account or google meets that they can use? If not, I'll send the link.

I think the issue with Google Meet is that free use is capped at an hour. Not sure how friendly it is about ending a call and instantly starting a new one.

Gonna have to pass on video chat. Get too distracted...

I'll keep resending the links. These normally take like 2.5 hours?

A system of cells interlinked
Fun draft, fun chat!

Now we count the days...

Tech-wise? Not getting the players you want? Something else?

Well, I did lose my connection several times, but thankfully it didn't get in the way. But yeah, I felt like a lot of the players I targeted got taken just before my pick (or just after in one case - was kicking myself for that one). One of your picks made me swear out loud.

Hahahaha. Yeah, I mean...if it makes you feel any better, that's a universal feeling. Those of us on the video call were talking about sniping each other every 10 minutes. @Sedai did it to me like twice.

Hey, maybe I'll trade you the one who made you swear, can't hurt to ask. PM me whenever. I like my team fine overall but I got very few of my mid-round targets so I'm probably less high on whoever it is than you are.

I think the mock drafts were a lot more predictable/consistent, which wasn't entirely unexpected, especially since they tend to contain some auto-drafters.

Yeah, mocks are pretty lame for that exact reason. That and people aren't really under pressure, don't reach as much, don't stretch to make sure they get their guys, etc. I did a ton of mocks back in the day, but eventually concluded most of them didn't help. Now I do a handful, and only to see how well it does or doesn't go if I take X early, or try to get Y position late.

I did one to see how the system worked, a couple out of boredom, and one out of curiosity about what it would look like if I completely ignored pitchers.

I also went "off-script" early in this one. I never took Devers in any of the mocks, and I maybe got Diaz once.