Anyone here ever drive for Uber or Lyft?

Tools    

A criminal record that does not include a conviction for a felony, violent crime, or sexual offense within the last seven years, among other things such as a registration on the U.S. Department of Justice National Sex Offender Public website.[/b]
I’m confused. Are you saying Uber is ok with a criminal record so long as it’s not a felony, violent crime ....?

I worked for a very wealthy family for many years who had numerous chauffeurs. Among the job requirements were no criminal record & a spotless driving record. These 2 were non-negotiable.

Without having explicitly asked or checked, I really have to imagine that's frowned upon, based on the totally frictionless system in general and the fact that tips have been integrated into the app.
My girlfriends always give the Uber driver a cash tip.

I’m confused. Are you saying Uber is ok with a criminal record so long as it’s not a felony, violent crime ....?
You can have felony convictions, just not in the last 7 years. Massachusetts has their own requirements though, and that's why I had to go through the appeals process.

I did have a few conversations with the drivers themselves. Many of them do both. They pay more or less the same. If you want a peaceful day, Lyft. If you want to be a little bit busy, Uber.

I would think registering for both and then deciding which one you want to stick with would be a nice thing to do.

That being said, I see a lot of promo emails from Lyft, $500 when you register as a driver.

I did have a few conversations with the drivers themselves. Many of them do both. They pay more or less the same. If you want a peaceful day, Lyft. If you want to be a little bit busy, Uber.

I would think registering for both and then deciding which one you want to stick with would be a nice thing to do.

That being said, I see a lot of promo emails from Lyft, $500 when you register as a driver.
I'm planning on working for Uber until I get my bonus, then signing up for Lyft and doing the same thing. Then I'll see what I want to do.

I'm planning on working for Uber until I get my bonus, then signing up for Lyft and doing the same thing. Then I'll see what I want to do.

That sounds like a plan!

Numero Uno!

You can have felony convictions, just not in the last 7 years.
Who the heck wants to take a ride with someone who has felony convictions even if they’re older than 7 years?

You can have felony convictions, just not in the last 7 years.
Who the heck wants to take a ride with someone who has felony convictions even if they’re older than 7 years?
I would. I could always use a getaway driver.

For the most part, most passengers wont even know who has a felony or some other charge. Its up to the company to verify and suffer the consequences.

That’s true, but I have always assumed that a cab driver does not have felony convictions. Scary to me that he may have.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Who started Uber and what makes them qualified to judge?

Even though I have a checkered past, I agree with you and with my state's tougher restrictions. The appeal I went through was very detailed.

They just have parameters for a background check like any employer would have. In my case, Massachusetts stepped in.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
They just have parameters for a background check like any employer would have. In my case, Massachusetts stepped in.
Thanks cricket. I've never used it but in the time frame I've been in hospital until now
Which is o ly a couple of months it's become wildly popular. No one says - I caught a taxi - anymore.