0%
0 votes
Undecided
2 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Greatest Sidekick Ever
Which Performance Was Better

My Left Foot (Christy Brown)

There Will Be Blood (Daniel Plainview)

Well we all know Day-Lewis is one of the best actors today. And there have been some debates on which among those great performances by Daniel Day Lewis was better and I'm trying to find out which performance did stand out in this forum. For me, Daniel Plainview gave a little more impact than Christy Brown and it was quite a hard decision for me. Anyway, which performance for you was better?

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
I'm not much of a fan of him in either, though I'd probably say There Will Be Blood is the worse performance. I much prefer him in Lincoln than either of these movies, though his portrayal there doesn't hold a candle to Henry Fonda's portrayal of Abe. One of the great imitators of our time, sure. But one of the greatest actors, I'd say not. I think I feel the same about DDL that I do about Joaquin Phoenix, though interesting and unusually gifted performers, both lack a certain verisimilitude that would allow me to take them seriously

Greatest Sidekick Ever
I'm not much of a fan of him in either, though I'd probably say There Will Be Blood is the worse performance. I much prefer him in Lincoln than either of these movies, though his portrayal there doesn't hold a candle to Henry Fonda's portrayal of Abe. One of the great imitators of our time, sure. But one of the greatest actors, I'd say not. I think I feel the same about DDL that I do about Joaquin Phoenix, though interesting and unusually gifted performers, both lack a certain verisimilitude that would allow me to take them seriously
Well I respect your opinion but what do you mean by "is the worst performance"? Worst like in general? Or worst in his entire career?

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Well I respect your opinion but what do you mean by "is the worst performance"? Worst like in general? Or worst in his entire career?
I said worse, not worst. Meaning the lesser of the two performances you mentioned. Not sure what his worst would be, but Nine was a pretty atrocious movie

Greatest Sidekick Ever
I said worse, not worst. Meaning the lesser of the two performances you mentioned. Not sure what his worst would be, but Nine was a pretty atrocious movie
Oh sorry, I might have overlooked it. Well Nine indeed was one of the few awful films that got Oscar nods (4) and Penelope Cruz and Marion Cotillard definitely outshone DDL there.