Optimus 100 favourite movies

→ in
Tools    

Master of My Domain
Iron Man I've not seen because it's Iron Man and I'm HK.
Of course you haven't seen it, because you don't want to admit Iron Man is more awesome than HK.

Great last two sets Optimus. I like every film. I'm eagerly waiting for #1.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

I did a commentary for that with SC last year (I think it was) and it was just as enjoyable as I remembered it. Probably the only PTA film I've ever wanted to watch until Inherent Vice. I don't know if I'll like it or not, but that the fans aren't blown away by it is promising.

Iron Man - The best of the three and in my top 5 Marvel films.

Die Hard - One of the best action films ever made.

Se7en - Fincher's best film in my opinion, one of the best psychological thrillers around.

The Silence Of The Lambs - Could make my top 20 this time around...

Home Alone 1&2 - Many many hours of my childhood were used up watching those comedy gems.

The Wolf Of Wall Street - My second best Scorcese film after Goodfellas.

Pirates of The Caribbean - Only really liked the first film, the rest were just money-spinners for Disney.

Iron Man is easily my favorite Marvel movie so far. As far as superhero movies go, I guess only Unbreakable would be higher up the list.

Oh dang, your number 1 is a movie I haven't seen yet! Boogie Nights is recorded on my DVR but never watched it. I'm gonna have to change that soon!

I'm pretty damn sure I remember commenting a couple of weeks ago about 14-9 on your list, but I don't see my post, so either I hallucinated it or the post must not have gone through. That's annoying.

Anyways, congratulations on finishing your list, Optimus! I know the list doesn't feature enough classics or foreign films for some members of the forum, and there are definitely a few films that I think are terrible (*coughBattleshipcough*), but I admire your honesty. Your list may not feature the most acclaimed films of all-time, but most of the movies on here are fun and entertaining and enjoyable to revisit again and again.

Independence Day is a great example of that. I watched it in the theater as a kid and I loved it. I used to wear out my VHS copy of it too. I haven't seen it in many years, but lately I've had a strong desire to revisit it. I always get a kick out of Randy Quaid's character.

The sequels have been so god awful that it's soured my opinion of the first Transformers movie, but I enjoyed it at the time. Toy Story 3 is my least favorite of the trilogy, but it's a good movie. I'm sick of hearing people quote the "Are you not entertained?!" line from Gladiator, but it's a great movie. I own it on DVD, but haven't watched it in several years.

Pulp Fiction sucks.

I gave my opinion of The Avengers in one of your other threads. It's a very good movie, but the magic quickly faded after that initial experience in the theater.

Very cool to see Home Alone so high on your list. I have a lot of nostalgia for that movie and I still watch it most years around Christmas time. I don't remember much about the sequel. I think I watched it once and that was it.

The Wolf of Wall Street was one of my favorites from 2013. Scorsese's still at the top of his game even after all these years.

I disagree with you about the Pirates of the Caribbean movies being "equally good." I think the sequels became too bloated and muddled for their own good, but even if they make fifteen sequels, I'll never grow tired of watching Captain Jack Sparrow.

Seven and Silence of the Lambs are two of the greatest thrillers of all-time. Love both.

Iron Man is still my favorite superhero film from the recent Marvel Cinematic Universe or whatever they call it. I love how self-contained it is, as opposed to seemingly all the other Marvel films which are preoccupied with laying the foundation for four or five other films instead of focusing on the one they're actually making.

I grew up with Terminator 2 and Predator and several Van Damme films, but I didn't see Die Hard until in my early 20's, so it's far from one of my favorite action movies. I don't dispute that it's one of the best of the genre, though, and I do like it, but I don't have the love for it that most seem to.

I'm a little surprised, yet extremely pleased, that Boogie Nights is your #1. Excellent choice.

You hit the spot, Optimus. You damn sure did!

Boogie Nights... What an amazing way to end your list. I love that film, and glad you do too!

Congrats on finishing your Top 100, a very solid list indeed! I don't know how I missed that you posted your number 1, but here I am! Haha