Weird Movies Thread

Tools    

Greatest Sidekick Ever
The Weird Movies Thread
The concept is simple, just suggest a movie that you think is very grotesque, unconventional, or just plain weird. Then if someone says they have finished watching it or they have simply watched it before, then it's their turn to suggest another weird movie. Try to have some rating on the movie too on a popcorn scale with 5 being the weirdest. So I'm gonna start with:

Why not just have a Weird Movies Hall of Fame where you all watch 100 weird movies in one month?

Greatest Sidekick Ever
Why not just have a Weird Movies Hall of Fame where you all watch 100 weird movies in one month?
Well I'm quite new here and this idea just popped up in my mind just an hour ago. I was impatient and I quickly made a thread about it and I don't know that Movie Hall Of Fame that you're saying. Any suggestions?

Greatest Sidekick Ever
Yeah! That movie turned out to be a cult classic and in my opinion it is a very underrated one.

6.3 Meths

Another weird movie and my most favorite among it's genre.

Donnie Darko- (2001) (Richard Kelly

I love The Toxic Avenger.

Anyway, I think this thread is in the wrong subforum. I think. This is the same subforum I frequently inhabit, so it might not be.....

Greatest Sidekick Ever
I love The Toxic Avenger.

Anyway, I think this thread is in the wrong subforum. I think. This is the same subforum I frequently inhabit, so it might not be.....
So where should it might be placed? You think it should be in the General Movie Discussion subforum?

So where should it might be placed? You think it should be in the General Movie Discussion subforum?
Well, let's just see if a moderator decides to move it later. Don't worry.

Greatest Sidekick Ever
Well, let's just see if a moderator decides to move it later. Don't worry.
Okay Anyway so what do you think of Donnie Darko? What's your 'weird rating' about the movie?

Okay Anyway so what do you think of Donnie Darko? What's your 'weird rating' about the movie?
I was actually just thinking that I need to rewatch that again.

I don't really consider it a very weird movie, though.

Greatest Sidekick Ever
I was actually just thinking that I need to rewatch that again.

I don't really consider it a very weird movie, though.
Well it's really up to how you interpret a movie as to how it is so different to others. It was the first weird movie that I have watched and I'm happy that I understood the film only on my second viewing.

A system of cells interlinked
Mulholland Drive (Lynch, 2000)

Greatest Sidekick Ever
@Sedai: Mulholland Drive was a masterpiece in my opinion. It's the kind of movie where it doesnt need any explanation as to what is happening but it definitely hits people to emotions totally unknown. One of my most favorite movies ever.

@Swan: I haven't watched Under The Skin yet but as I've watched the trailer, yes, it's definitely gonna be a movie that's going to be talked about by people or cinephiles in particular for years to come. Still waiting for the blu ray to come out though.

Anyway, another weird movie is Bad Boy Bubby