Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
That does sound intriguing. . . and different, could be very worthwhile

Yes. A “gbgoodies” or “ahwell” HoF.
I just hope that person can enjoy ten people bashing his/her favorites
Well you bash basically everything anyways so...

I think it's an interesting idea, but I don't know how likely I'd be to participate - especially if its the favorites of someone who's a musical fan.

Or a horror fan. Or a sci-fi/fantasy fan...

I would like to run the Japanese one soon if that is still sounding good to anyone.
Yup, I only have one hall of fame I still need to finish so I’m good whenever.

I looked at this entire thread and these ideas were mentioned in the past but never done. Anyone interested in doing them at sometime in the future?

...People could nominate a movie that they think should have won the Best Picture Oscar, but lost out to a lesser movie (in their opinion). There could be some interesting discussions about why one movie won or lost to a different movie.
I thought of an idea for a HoF that's a little more unconventional. A person would win rather than a particular movie. Say there's 10 members. Each person would pick a different movie for each member that they haven't seen, based on what they have crossed out on the different MoFo lists. 10 members could mean 100 movies even if each member watched just 10. At the end, points would be totaled based on who gave that movie to watch. CR tells me to watch Schindler's List and that's my favorite, then CR gets 10 points, and so on. Kind of like a personal recommendation HoF.
...I would be more interested in this HoF if we could choose from any movies, and people who join the HoF could list their favorite genres (and/or what they want to avoid) when they join...
And an epic hall of fame for really long films... but maybe with a limit on members, or more than a week per movie
Somewhere somebody had mentioned doing worst movie ever HoF.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
So I had an idea for a Hall of Fame, or a couple. It would be a "favorites" hall of fame in which one member would get to nominate their top ten movies (or any of their favorite movies) and the other members would participate in the hall of fame. It's a very rough idea, but would anyone be interested in something like that?
If I understand this correctly, one person nominates all ten movies?
Yes. A “gbgoodies” HoF.

If the song tournaments are any indication of what people around here think of my taste, I doubt many people would want to join this HoF.

I looked at this entire thread and these ideas were mentioned in the past but never done. Anyone interested in doing them at sometime in the future?
I thought of an idea for a HoF that's a little more unconventional. A person would win rather than a particular movie. Say there's 10 members. Each person would pick a different movie for each member that they haven't seen, based on what they have crossed out on the different MoFo lists. 10 members could mean 100 movies even if each member watched just 10. At the end, points would be totaled based on who gave that movie to watch. CR tells me to watch Schindler's List and that's my favorite, then CR gets 10 points, and so on. Kind of like a personal recommendation HoF.

As I said before, (see my quote that Citizen Rules posted above), I like this idea, but I think the nominations should be based on favorite genres, or at least previously mentioned favorite movies, rather than from the MoFo lists. Just because someone watched a movie and crossed it off the MoFo list, that doesn't mean that they liked that movie. (I've watched quite a few movies on those lists that I didn't like, so that would be a poor criteria to choose nominations for me.)

As I said before, (see my quote that Citizen Rules posted above), I like this idea, but I think the nominations should be based on favorite genres, or at least previously mentioned favorite movies, rather than from the MoFo lists. Just because someone watched a movie and crossed it off the MoFo list, that doesn't mean that they liked that movie. (I've watched quite a few movies on those lists that I didn't like, so that would be a poor criteria to choose nominations for me.)
I agree with that. I remember we talked about doing it that way. I know Cricket had said he didn't want to do his HoF idea, so it would be OK if someone else did it and did it more like what you just mentioned. See now, I think that would be fun as I probably could choose movie noms for you and others that might have a decent chance of them liking it. And if then had seen it already or didn't want to watch it, then another choice would be made.

If there would be "pahaK HoF" everyone could just nominate a film with young girl protagonist regardless of the genre. At least according to @Citizen Rules
I actually have one for you that you'd like, I'd even like to see it (an no it's not a weird film, but was well received by the critics).

If the song tournaments are any indication of what people around here think of my taste, I doubt many people would want to join this HoF.
I just looked at your top 10, I think I'd like most of them. My top 10 isn't really a top 10, I suppose I should change it to be more reflective of what my most favorite top 10 is.

I really like Crickets idea and would also join whatever variation of that you guys are doing.

I agree with that. I remember we talked about doing it that way. I know Cricket had said he didn't want to do his HoF idea, so it would be OK if someone else did it and did it more like what you just mentioned. See now, I think that would be fun as I probably could choose movie noms for you and others that might have a decent chance of them liking it. And if then had seen it already or didn't want to watch it, then another choice would be made.

I'm not sure that I would be good at picking noms for other people because my taste in movies is so different than a lot of people here that I may not have seen many movies that others would like, but I could give it a try.

I just looked at your top 10, I think I'd like most of them. My top 10 isn't really a top 10, I suppose I should change it to be more reflective of what my most favorite top 10 is.

My top ten is a combination of some of my favorite movies and some of my favorite guilty pleasure movies,

Based on your current top ten, I could probably find a movie that you'd like, but I'd be interested in seeing your actual top ten.

I would like to run the Japanese one soon if that is still sounding good to anyone.
absolutely!

btw, can't remember, was this to be strictly "live" films? Which is perfectly fine, just checking.

both cricket's and ahwell's idea are interesting ones. I remember discussing cricket's and there were some fine tuning involved, but very worthwhile. It may be an idea to look back at those posts and the ideas/concerned that were mentioned.

With ahwell's it's pretty simplistic AND an open nominations scenario where anyone interested can actually look and see what the 10 films would be and whether they'd want to (re)watch them.
I'd imagine the person featured would be joining in the reviews and writing out why each of the films are on the favorite list.
Depending on how many folks would like their favorites judged/reviewed/raved and/or bashed, it may be a continued series.

absolutely!

btw, can't remember, was this to be strictly "live" films? Which is perfectly fine, just checking.
No, I asked rauld earlier and it's fine to do anime.