Actors You Dislike

Tools    

I mean, It was always Stewart or bust for Xavier. They even started drawing the character to resemble him in the comics in an effort to convince him to take the role.
That reminds me of the Riddler becoming more popular once Frank Gorshin was playing him on TV .

Shia LeBeouf all the time. Adam Sandler now, coz he has just become obnoxious. Loved him in the 90s.

Jason Bateman for some reason. I just don't find him funny in any movie.

Jason Statham. He plays the same character in 90% of his films.
Statham haters need to check out the Melissa McCarthy movie Spy...he plays a character that is a lampoon of Statham;s onscreen personna and is the funniest thing in the movie.

Robert Downey Junior gets on my nerves. He's undoubtedly a good actor, but he's also become a caricature of himself. Always that cocky, quircky, mumbling show-off. A bit like Johnny Depp, for that matter.
How has Robert Downey Jr. become a caricature of himself? What does that mean?

This might just do nobody any good.
RDJ’s been doing Tony Stark too much. I like the performance but the guy’s a great actor and it’d be a shame to loose him to the role. If he did something more low-key again he’d get a lot of his sheen back.

The world needs Wonder Boys 2.

Rock music and action movie obsessed guy,
Tina Fey and Fergie (Except for voicing Sally in a few peanuts specials)

RDJ’s been doing Tony Stark too much. I like the performance but the guy’s a great actor and it’d be a shame to loose him to the role. If he did something more low-key again he’d get a lot of his sheen back.

The world needs Wonder Boys 2.
Coincidentally, he was tonight's answer on Final Jeopardy!

This might just do nobody any good.
Or, y’know, he wouldn’t even have to loose the persona fully, just give it a new spin. It would kill in a Coen Bros. screwball comedy or maybe if Shane Black just said “**** it” and straight up adapted The Big Sleep or some other Raymond Chandler novel. Downey Jr. would be an awesome Philip Marlowe.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Robert Downey Junior gets on my nerves. He's undoubtedly a good actor, but he's also become a caricature of himself. Always that cocky, quircky, mumbling show-off. A bit like Johnny Depp, for that matter.
How has Robert Downey Jr. become a caricature of himself? What does that mean?
I agree. I've seen him interviewed and he comes across as highly intelligent and composed.

I try not to actively dislike actors as I wouldnt want to be put off a film just because they're in it. There is something I cant get to like about Tom Cruise, but I cant put my finger on it, as it's not anything he's done as an actor. Im actually struggling to think of a film I didnt like him in. Russell Crowe, not a fan (though again, I watched LA Confidential recently and thought he was pretty good in it). Ben Affleck is probably the one who I really dont like, as well as struggling to actually think of anything I enjoyed. Batman vs Superman in particular stood out as especially woeful. Ironically, Ive liked most things Ive seen his brother in.

Will Ferell, there's just something about him...

I don't dislike anyone there are few actors I don't like that's it and don't wants to mention their name because its possible someone else like them so....

NOTE: Not all the bolded names are actually actors I dislike. Please make sure to read the entire text. Some of the actors I criticize for specific things, but I do like.

I used to despise Jamie Foxx until I saw him in Django Unchained, and then I sorta had a change of heart about him. I'm still not a big fan of his, but he's alright in my book now.

Gerard Butler, Roseanne Barr, and Tyler Perry are my top 3 pet peeves. Gerard Butler is just a terrible actor. Period. Roseanne, long before her most recent controversy, has always been extremely annoying, unfunny, un-charismatic, and extremely overrated to me. Tyler Perry's Madea character and movies are by far the most annoying pieces of trash ever put on film.

I also have to mention Tina Fey who I just don't really get. Everybody says she's funny, but I just don't find her funny at all. The same can be said about Jerry Seinfeld. However, with regards to Jerry, I've been binge watching his show Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee and I've enjoyed it a lot, so I might give him a pass.

Seth Rogen might have been funny when he first took off, but his act and shtick has gotten old and he's overstayed his welcome. The same can be said about Adam Sandler. Both of them need to start making films with way more substance. Especially Sandler, who can be brilliant if he's working with the right material.

As for actors who I actually like a lot but have always frustrated me with their asinine choice of movie projects are Nicolas Cage, Eddie Murphy, Bruce Willis, and Sylvester Stallone.

As for actors who I used to either like or not mind but who I now despise with a passion due to their political views or behavior are Jon Voight and Steven Seagal.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Jay courtney

Olivia Coleman
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.