The saddest movie characters

Tools    

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Mickey Rourke in Angel Heart trying to convince himself he knows who he is

http://cdn2-www.comingsoon.net/asset...ngelHeart1.jpg
Such a great scene. Mickey Rourke actually did a fantastic performance in that movie. Not the "pretty boy" shtick at all.

Good choice, my friend

#7 is The 400 Blows.
Can't think of the other two.
I figured out #9 - La Strada - That was sad indeed

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Such a great scene. Mickey Rourke actally did a fantastic job in that movie. Not the "pretty boy" shtick at all.

Good choice, my friend

Is that the I know who I am scene? I cant watch at this time of the morning. So upsetting.

Mickey Rourk's comeback in The Wrestler. Devastating performance. So happy for his comeback.

Is that the I know who I am scene? I cant watch at this time of the morning. So upsetting.

Mickey Rourk's comeback in The Wrestler. Devastating performance. So happy for his comeback.

Yes, it is.

Yeah, The Wrestler was also a good work for him.

The wrestler was fantastic, and I'm not even a wrestling fan.

I think I have an empathy problem. I am profoundly affected by seeing a fellow human in such emotional distress. Spins me out for hours, even though my brain recognises it's a fictional character and a good actor. Gory blood baths - no problem. Hurt animals, kids or emotional distress - big problem.

The wrestler was fantastic, and I'm not even a wrestling fan.

I think I have an empathy problem. I am profoundly affected by seeing a fellow human in such emotional distress. Spins me out for hours, even though my brain recognises it's a fictional character and a good actor. Gory blood baths - no problem. Hurt animals, kids or emotional distress - big problem.
I'm exactly the same. I couldn't care less for violence, but when I see someone REALLY sad/crying or a dog hurting my devilish heart just brakes.

yeah next time I speak to my cancer counsellor I;m going to have to ask how to close it off a bit. Can really eff up my day, and normally I'm a get up and go kinda gal.

yeah next time I speak to my cancer counsellor I;m going to have to ask how to close it off a bit. Can really eff up my day, and normally I'm a get up and go kinda gal.
Having emotions is a great thing, despite what the surrounding fools may say otherwise. It's a great sign of self-awareness and empathy.

And Empathy is a marvelousthing that not everybody has, sadly.

I like having empathy, but sometimes it's a bit overwhelming when I see someone totally gut wrenched.

Oh god no, not Lilja 4-Ever, that film OBLITERATED me. Like on the floor scream sobbing. Probably because I was already in a manic depressive episode and really sensitive when I watched it. But I was silent the entire film, and then it just all hit me at once once they showed the real statistics at the end. Lost it completely.

Boys Don't Cry is one of the few movies I will never watch again. Great film and performances, but the last hour or so is nothing but violence, cruelty, and rape. It's just too much for me. RIP Brandon Teena.

Assassination Nation- (3/4)
Mandy- (3.5/4)

Oh god no, not Lilja 4-Ever, that film OBLITERATED me. Like on the floor scream sobbing. Probably because I was already in a manic depressive episode and really sensitive when I watched it. But I was silent the entire film, and then it just all hit me at once once they showed the real statistics at the end. Lost it completely.

Boys Don't Cry is one of the few movies I will never watch again. Great film and performances, but the last hour or so is nothing but violence, cruelty, and rape. It's just too much for me. RIP Brandon Teena.
I know exactly what you mean Mulholland. I actually never want to see neither of two. They were both great films however it makes me feel horrible and sad.

I don't actually wear pants.
Well, John Merrick from Elephant Man found himself in a depressing situation. He tried to have a good attitude, but he had it rough. I'm sad just thinking about it!

Also, Kenji Watanabe in Ikiru contracts stomach cancer, and, for the first half of the film, is distraught. The second half of it, though, he pull himself together and starts making his last remaining months count. So, he's both distraught, and determined, depending on which part of the film it is. The ending almost makes me cry every time.

Well, John Merrick from Elephant Man found himself in a depressing situation. He tried to have a good attitude, but he had it rough. I'm sad just thinking about it!

Also, Kenji Watanabe in Ikiru contracts stomach cancer, and, for the first half of the film, is distraught. The second half of it, though, he pull himself together and starts making his last remaining months count. So, he's both distraught, and determined, depending on which part of the film it is. The ending almost makes me cry every time.
elephant Man is definitely film I don't want to see again. It was so difficult to watch