Fantasy Football Trading Block

Tools    

Gonna think your offer over Yoda, the Pitt D thing is tough for me, I am not sure why. Is a good offer, but have to think on it. Will let you know soon.

No sweat. If the Pitt D thing is a major sticking point I'm open to reworking it. I put a lot of thought into how to even the scales and I'm sure we could find some other combination that felt right.

I knew I'd intrigue you with it, though.

Ill catch a rash o s*** from this one....

Spudracer - Ill give you Jamaal Charles and Johnny Knox for Kurt Warner. Offers been sent.

Favres hip and groin injury makers me nervous. If Favre finishes the game against Detroit Eli should be ashamed of himself with his Plantar Fascia. A groin injury?! Ayiyi forgedaboudit!

Didn't he used to play for your team?

Yep, and yet hes not the most ridiculous example of my trading. Burleson was.

Deadline for trading is Friday, everybody. I assume that means that trades merely have to have been accepted by then, but I couldn't get total clarifications on that browsing around the help section.

A system of cells interlinked
So I am definitely NOT happy about having to put yet another elite player out to pasture for the season.

Not sure how much more of this my team can take...

Ive offered a odd assortment of trades, but maybe this would be the best way to go about it...

Kurt Warner!!!

I need a running back at least better than Correll Buckhalter.

^^^^^^^^^^ Some people will be kicking themselves in the playoffs for not grabbing Warner when they had the chance. Looks like Ill be keeping him unless a good fair offer comes my way.

Yoda - Ill give you Heath Miller & Bernard Scott for Jason Witten & Jason Snelling

I agree that Warner's a nice pickup. So nice you might wanna hang onto him, frankly. But to anyone who needs a QB, well, the old man's still out there putting up numbers.

Already sent my reply via PM, but I'll pass on the deal. Witten's obviously been a disappointment, but even so he's been about the same as Miller, and he's obviously got a higher ceiling than any other tight end. He's still getting tons of targets, too, so it's just a matter of getting them in the red zone more often, really.

Definitely willing to move Witten and another player for one of the other elite tight ends, but I'm not willing to sell too low on the guy, given his potential. And as bummed as I've been about some of his numbers, he's still hitting 10-11 most weeks and hasn't had a really horrendous game all season.

The World's Smallest Violin
Tongs, I just sent you an offer: Barber for Warner. His numbers haven't been stellar this season, but he's getting healthier.

Tongs, I just sent you an offer: Barber for Warner. His numbers haven't been stellar this season, but he's getting healthier.
"Hey you broke your cherry!"

Jay you got a deal, and congrats on your first trade right before season deadline. I add that its a fair strong trade. Im happy and I know you will be too.

I like the Warner/Barber deal. I think Warner's gonna put up some very, very good numbers the rest of the year, but knowing TONGO can't bear to sit Brett, he might as well get something for him.

Anyway, more action before the deadline! 7th and I had been talking awhile back about some sort of TE swap, and it looks like he dug on my last-minute, last-ditch offer: Jason Witten and Miles Austin for Dallas Clark. Dallas for...well...two guys from Dallas.

"Why are these guys following me? Is it because I'm holding this ball?"

"You will rue the day you traded me, Bowyer. Despite what my new uniform says, I am still a very Angry Man."

"Hi guys! Just happy to be here!"

I'm not gonna lie; it hurts to give up Austin. He was a sweet pickup (17 minutes before his breakout game!), and he still has a crazy ceiling. Witten's still getting lots of targets, too, and I hate to sell low on such a great talent.

But, of course, Clark's having a career year, and I had to get something for my depth. I've got the uber-reliable Cotchery just sitting there, and I figure at least one RB is going to have a good enough matchup each week to make a case for the Flex spot, even in a PPR league.

Between those options, and the Cowboys upcoming schedule, I think I can probably just about replace what Austin would have given me in the Flex most weeks. So it made sense to take some of that depth and improve at TE.

Hey, no guts, no glory! Good deal 7th. I hope they do well for you.

Now that trading is done for this season Ill reflect on all my trades, try and remember why I did what, and publicly because theres got to be some amusement in this somewhere...

Trade 1
Tom Brady/Correll Buckhalter for Kurt Warner/Steve Slaton
(PW)

I had NO running game and dont like the Patriots. Also Brady got off to a slow start. My initial goal was to trade Brady for 2 RBs, run with Favre, but PW was the only one to make an offer. In the beginning people werent as likely to trade. Anyway I regretted the trade statistically speaking because on reflection I probably couldve gotten Slaton and Ray Rice back in Week 1. Oh that wouldve been sweet....

Trade 2
Roddy White/Lendale White for Cadillac Williams/Ryan Grant
(Mikey)

Well Roddy White had a slow start too, and so did Slaton for that matter. Im a Bucs fan and having Caddy was kinda cool, but the Bucs schedule isnt.

Trade 3
Steve Slaton for Cedric Benson
(Yoda)
My favorite trade! Slatons start was way slow still, and Yoda imo wasnt sold on Benson at that time. Benson was a solid RB for me all season.

Trade 4
Torry Holt/Michael Bush/Kurt Warner/Benjamin Watson for Eli Manning/Derrick Mason
(Spud)

I thought back then this would be a strong trade for Tater. Sims-Walker hadnt emerged yet, Michael Bush I thought had potential I was wrong, Ben Watson is Bradys TE so youd just think thats sure money, and I never was inspired by Warner. Felt Eli was the safer of the two, and this was before the Plantar Fascia condition. Derrick Mason has been a good WR for me. Whats funny is Tater never played Warner much either preferring Big Ben

Trade 5
Ryan Grant/Todd Heap/Kelly Washington for Julius Jones
(Spud)

The worst trade I ever made. Ryan Grant was another slow starter, and back then Washington, Heap, and the Ravens offense had great promise. I thought Julius Jones had promise too. Ack! This trade is an eyesore!

Trade 6
Cadillac Williams/Julius Jones for Percy Harvin/Jamal Lewis
(7thson)

Caddys schedulw wouldnt let up, and was sharing the starting position with Derrick Ward week to week. Jones hasnt been worth a damn at all. Flash needed a running game, and Lewis had a great day vs Buffallo so I thought itd be a good investment. Well Harvin was a keeper.

Trade 7
Steve Smith (Car) for Nate Burleson
(PW)

Smith just would not emerge, and Burleson was the #1 WR in Seattle then instead of Housh.

I think its safe to say I had the trading bug at this point. Its kinda like trading baseball cards when youre a kid

Trade 8
Andre Caldwell for Mercedes Lewis
(Spud)
I felt Caldwell had potential and wanted to give Taters roster a boost.

Trade 9
Vernon Davis for Edgerin James
(WBadger)

Davis is a hot TE this year yet nobody wanted him. So I just gave him to Badger since he needed a good TE. Badger sat Davis for Olsen that first week, and Davis had a monster day on his bench. Then the next two weeks after while playing Davis Olsen outscores him on the bench. I know how ya feel man

Trade 10
Eli Manning for Kyle Orton
(WBadger)

Elis foot has affected his play imo, and Badger was returning the favor.

Trade 11
Nate Burleson for Correll Buckhalter
(PW)

I really missed Buckhalter, and didnt see some huge point gain from Burleson dure to I guess from Housh. I know PW was pleased to get him back.

Trade 12
Jamal Lewis for Kevin Walter
(WBadger)

Jamal at best was a 10 point back, and I told Badger he was no peach. Sadly he was an improvement to Willis McGahee, and Walter was supposed to be great with owen Daniels out. Since then Lewis has been steady low end mediocre, and Walter too. Hes on waivers if you want him.

Trade 13
Kyle Orton for Visanthe Shiancoe
(Darcy)

Sedai lost Owen Daniels and I wanted to fill the gap. Why? Because I was 1-9 and I could thats why. Trading does help the sizzle in any league imo. Darcy always had QB woes anyway. Soon after trading Orton to her he has the worst game of his career then sprains his ankle.

Trade 14
Visanthe Shiancoe for Michael Crabtree

Again this was mainly to help Seds. I think I may start Crabtree this week, but may not as Quinn is the Browns QB now and Mohammed Mosaquoi or however its spelt had a great day vs Cinncinnatti when Anderson was the QB.

Trade 15
Jamaal Charles/Johnny Knox for Kurt Warner

I suddenly got paranoid Favre was gonna physically fall apart. Trading Charles away was a blunder, but oh well at least Tater needed him more. So my QB fears were unfounded because it was Cedric Benson that was pulled from the game vs Pitt with an injured hip

Trade 16
Kurt Warner for Marion Barber
(Jay/upStomp/Gadsden Flag)

Jays first trade, and on the last day of trading. He actually made another trade right before season deadline too. Sheesh! Such erratic behavior...
Seriously though it was a good fair trade, and one I dont regret.

Of course in all this was dozens and dozens of PMs, and trades I changed my mind on sometimes minutes of making them. Thats a shame Yahoo tells you someone made an offer and when they cancel it. Kinda like how girls get weirded out by the guy who called them 14 times but the caller id gave them away. Feh! Whats shame when learning life lessons!

Ive learned trading should ONLY be done sparingly, and with great thought put into it. People can take a bad trade offer personally, I have at times, but shouldnt because....well sometimes its less thought than when you traded a baseball card.

The biggest league effecting trade was Brady, and possibly Yoda & 7ths Dallas Clark trade. What Ive shown at least is overtrading usually wont upset a leagues balance (sabotage and stacking the exception), and actually promotes more communication thru the season. Bobby B and Mikey have been very quiet, Slugs always quiet, but the fervor cant be beat in our league

Just to make it official I was of the thinking Replicants wouild steal the show, but with Daniels out, and Clark on Yodas roster my pick is 11 Angry Men to win it all this year. Kinda cheap prophecy when its week 12

Thanks all, and I hope theres no hard feelings.

2010 SEASON
_________

Im bumping the thread so nobody has to search for it after the draft. No trades were done without this ugly thread in the first season, and many trades(in one case too many) were done last year with it.

To all the newcomers I give this advice - Dont trade alot. Im doing a mock draft and the mock team is so jawdroppingly good I remember my sad old team from last year. The product of alot of trading. This mock team would decimate my 2009 team, and I traded 16 times to make that team.

The draft is key. Be somewhat aware of the landscape, Sydney Rice is out more than half the season, Ben Rothlesshamburger at least 3 games, but the point is the draft is the most important act done in the entire season.

Trading when done right is a band-aid for your team. Some wheelin and dealin is fun though, and adds alot to the league itself. This is the best fantasy football league that Ive at least ever heard of. Welcome!

Oh and the Patriots suck